Reload this Page >

Transfer at KUL - Air Asia to Air Asia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer at KUL - Air Asia to Air Asia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: Thai ROP GOLD, SIA Silver Kris, QANTAS FF, Velocity Rewards, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Yay! Thanks for that. It's a midnight shuttle from Bandung then a 04:25 departure from CGK - so I'll be more dopey than usual when I get to KUL
Can confirm @nov11 post - have done HKT-KUL-PEN on a single MH booking.
As posted, look for the escalator inside arrivals and follow that, or ask for directions
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by seavisionburma
Can confirm @nov11 post - have done HKT-KUL-PEN on a single MH booking.
As posted, look for the escalator inside arrivals and follow that, or ask for directions
OK, reporting back.

`down the escalator I was faced with a 100-person queue for transfer immigration and just over a an hour for the connection.

So I had the bright idea of going back upstairs and making an landside connection. No quibble from the business-class immigration line (I was in Y ). The officer stamped my passport, but said I'd never make it in time landside. He sent me back downstairs with instructions to use the "crew only" line and show my stamped passport to the officer there.

It worked like a dream. The special line was hidden behind a column, I hadn't noticed it before. It wasn't signed as "business-class/old/infirm/last-minute" but I'd guess last-minute connectors could try blagging it. Less difficult than "excuse me" shoving through the crowds in the main body of the queue....

Anyway, I made it!

Last edited by IAN-UK; Oct 5, 2018 at 9:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.