Reload this Page >

Visa / VOA Info for Myanmar/Burma

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ianmanka
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Myanmar's Ministry of Immigration and Population e-visa program began September, 2014. The process is available online to visitors from 101 countries, incurs a cost of USD $50 (as opposed to $40 at an embassy) charged to a secure Visa card and takes three (business) days for an approval e-mail. Print the e-mail for airport use and present it on arrival at Yangon, Mandalay or Nay Pyi Taw airports. The cost for a business visa is US$70 and requires an invitation letter from host company.

Ordinary passport holders from the following countries are giving [given?] visa exemption for 14 days-
Brunei
Cambodia
Indonesia
Laos
Philippines
Thailand (Three International Airports Only)
Viet Nam

Updated September 9th, 2015

For a US citizen, a regular visa can be obtained before leaving the USA. You can download the form from the website, http://www.mewashingtondc.com/visa_en.php
You must mail your passport, completed form and payment to the embassy in Washington DC. As of December 2016, the fee for a tourist visa has been increased to $40.
Updated January 30th, 2017

Print Wikipost

Visa / VOA Info for Myanmar/Burma

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL,EK
Originally Posted by ianmanka
Applied for visa last Wednesday afternoon in-person at consulate in Los Angeles. You don't have to include self-addressed envelope if dropping it off, you can pick it up in person at the designated time.

I got the impression that it was not busy at all. I was able to pick up the finished visa at 3 PM on Friday (less than 48 hour turnaround).

Nothing was checked except to ensure that all of the blanks were filled in and a copy of the itinerary was printed (while I was still standing at the window, which took about 3 minutes to ensure it was all in order). I had a held (not confirmed) reservation for exiting the country and it was accepted as valid for the visa.

Pickup was very simple, about two minutes for the consulate worker to go to a back room to retrieve it.

My 2" x 2" visa photo was squished (not retaining aspect ratio) to the dimensions of the metric photo, then printed out on what appeared to be a laser mailing label and affixed in my passport.
What sort of "itinerary" did you need - just air tickets in and out?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: Thai ROP GOLD, SIA Silver Kris, QANTAS FF, Velocity Rewards, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
I'm leaving for a trip to Burma tomorrow--and like an idiot, I just realized that I needed an eVisa. I just applied (Friday at 6:30 PM EST, early morning Saturday Burma time). Fortunately, we have a one-day stopover in Hong Kong on the way there, so we won't actually need our eVisa letter until around noon on Monday. Any chance--at all--that our eVisa application could be processed by then?

I see some posts of eVisa letters coming in fast, but I'm assuming this isn't on a weekend.
Send an email to this address - [email protected]
Explain the situation, include your reference number and attach your passport copy. They will respond on Monday morning - they are VERY quick and VERY helpful

EDIT - just realised that was an old post - but the info above is still relevant for anyone needing to rush a Myanmar evisa application.
Make the online application FIRST, and then follow up with the email listed above
It is the direct email address for the processing office in Naypyitaw, and I have used this to rush visas previously
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Originally Posted by DesertNomad
What sort of "itinerary" did you need - just air tickets in and out?
The only thing that the agent marked was the inbound flight to RGN (which I had booked in May of this year, but needed to wait to apply for the visa so that it would be valid for my trip). I had two separate reservations -- one going in, another leaving it. There's a spot on the visa app where it asks for inbound/outbound flight date and flight number.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Why would anyone visit Myanmar given what is going on there?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Questions re visa

I'm plan to travel to Myanmar in about 12 days and need a business visa. I know most of the details (including supplying the letter of invitation and the registration forms) from seeing the relevant information here and perusing the online application for an e-visa. (I'm a U.S. citizen residing in the U.S.) But I still have a few questions, particularly because right now the official site is down for maintenance:

1. Most generally, are there any pitfalls I should be aware of?

2. I vaguely recall the official site saying the photo must be in PDF or one other format it mentioned. Is there a problem with including a JPEG photo?

3. Just in case something goes wrong with the application, is it possible to obtain a visa on arrival, even if it's only a tourist visa?

Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:29 pm

I am also interested in what Thunderroad requested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.