Wiki Posts
Search

KUL-HKT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
KUL-HKT

I am flying Air Asia from KUL to HKT. I am also Star A Gold.
Are there any lounges at LCC I can use?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by 360guy
I don't think so.

LCCT has free wifi throughout and very cheap food options. A lounge wouldn't get you much except for peace and quiet.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Originally Posted by 360guy
Yes, there is, the Plaza Premium Lounge. But it's not free - you'll have to pay money to get in (*Gold won't do anything for you here). Having said that, I'm fairly certain it will be quieter. If memory serves, this lounge is after passport control (the check in area at the LCCT can be a zoo).

Here's the link: http://www.lcct.com.my/plaza_premium_lounge_at_lcct.php
Old Aug 1, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Oops - small correction: the Plaza Premium website says that their lounge is before passport control, not after.

I could have sworn it was after passport control - must be old age and failing brain cells...
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Go to the bathroom landside

Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
Oops - small correction: the Plaza Premium website says that their lounge is before passport control, not after.

I could have sworn it was after passport control - must be old age and failing brain cells...
For AirAsia (at least FD - Thai AirAsia), there's nothing after immigration, not even bathrooms. After immigration, you'll come to a security checkpoint, after which you'll find yourself in a small, barren shared gate area with a couple of rows of chairs. There are no bathrooms here so go before immigration, landside.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:51 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dsgtc0408

Your brain's still working fine - don't worry. Having just been through the LCCT in KL there's two Plaza Premium lounges - a small one before passport control and a larger one after passport control (they back onto one another, so basically it's the one lounge with a wall and kitchen area between them).

Given the chaos of the main terminal area after passport control, due to a number of delayed flights, it was nice to be able to wait in the lounge. Can't say it's worth the RM118 I think they were asking, but they accept Priority Pass cards so that made it worthwhile for me. A few internet terminals are there, along with the usual comfy chairs, mediocre snacks and somewhat basic toilets and showers.

There's no flight announcements or update screens in the lounge, so in the event of any delays you'll need to wander into the main terminal to find out what's happening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.