Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2006, 12:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Any experiences here with the boutique property that is the Hotel Home/Home Hotel in the Palermo Viejo barrio?

It seems to be getting good praise too.
Old May 10, 2006, 12:57 am
Suspended

www.homebuenosaires.com is the link for that hotel.
Old May 10, 2006, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott and Starwood
Craigslist is bursting at the seams with apartments

http://buenosaires.craigslist.org/apa/
Old May 11, 2006, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
EZE real estate continues to be red hot, lots of transactions from expats continue to affect prices in the top 3-4 regions of Buenos Aires.
Old May 11, 2006, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
It will be interesting to watch whether the nationalization of oil/gas by Argentina's northern neighbors undermines the economic gains made of late. This could create problems in the real estate market if the economy softens. Any thoughts?
Old May 11, 2006, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by nor4
It will be interesting to watch whether the nationalization of oil/gas by Argentina's northern neighbors undermines the economic gains made of late. This could create problems in the real estate market if the economy softens. Any thoughts?
Yes, and no... actually, mostly no. The Argentine real estate market (Im talking the secondary market) is almost entirely made up of all equity transactions. There is very very little leverage so the effects of an economic slowdown are less sensitive than in traditional markets like the USA. Plus, a good portion of the demand for AAA real estate is foreign driven, so the Bolivian Nationalization of Hydrocarbons has zero effect on that. One issue that could dampen foreign demand for EZE realestate would be political/social instability here in Argentina, and that doesnt seem likely in the short term (at least not for now).

Economic gains continue to be undermined by the lack of long term & structural reforms/planning. That is of course an entirely different topic.
Old May 14, 2006, 7:25 am

Home Hotel

GUwonder the Home Hotel is a great little place. While I stay for 2 months at a time in BsAs and therefore rent an apartment I had the opportunity to meet the owners and tour the property on my last trip and was impressed. Rooms and especially suites are very nice and another plus is the little garden with swimming pool in the back. We got to enjoy some drinks and tapas on the patio one evening...very pleasant. Good location as well if that is the area you are looking to stay in. You can see photos and read a number of reviews on Trip Advisor.
Old May 14, 2006, 7:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by THEMOON
GUwonder the Home Hotel is a great little place. While I stay for 2 months at a time in BsAs and therefore rent an apartment I had the opportunity to meet the owners and tour the property on my last trip and was impressed. Rooms and especially suites are very nice and another plus is the little garden with swimming pool in the back. We got to enjoy some drinks and tapas on the patio one evening...very pleasant. Good location as well if that is the area you are looking to stay in. You can see photos and read a number of reviews on Trip Advisor.
Thanks for the info. I checked out Trip Advisor and there are good reviews on it too.

I'll do a night or two there later this month just to try it out myself.
Old May 14, 2006, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT, USAir Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Thanks for the info. I checked out Trip Advisor and there are good reviews on it too.

I'll do a night or two there later this month just to try it out myself.
Has anyone stayed at the Bobo hotel - what did you think?
Old May 15, 2006, 1:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TrishBOS
I thought it a good value and a good place especially if looking for a good boutique property and not overpaying for it. Some rooms are better than others so that can certainly play a role in how its perceived, but I think it's even then still a good value overall. Also I think it works better for leisure trips than business trips. Another issue is that the place is more routinely fully booked nowadays and for longer stays this can pose an issue.
Old May 15, 2006, 2:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TrishBOS
The pictures for the different possible rooms can be found here at http://www.bobohotel.com/english/index.html.
Old May 15, 2006, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

BoboHotel

As Ive said before, I constantly receive rave reviews about the rooms, amenities and service at the Bobo Hotel. Never been there myself, but we do get a lot of traffic from people staying there.

PS: I am in no way affiliated to Bobo, etc. etc.
Old May 30, 2006, 7:17 am

BOBO is a very good choice if lodging in the Palermo Viejo area.

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
As Ive said before, I constantly receive rave reviews about the rooms, amenities and service at the Bobo Hotel. Never been there myself, but we do get a lot of traffic from people staying there.

PS: I am in no way affiliated to Bobo, etc. etc.
Same as Hotel Home and Malabia house ...same league different styles all of the 3 of them , IMNotHO very good choices for lodging, having Bobo a very good restaurant too.
Also received some traffic from them and dinned at BOBO at least 4/5 times during last months....

Santiagov
Old May 30, 2006, 7:40 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Northwestern part of Argentina

We are interested in going to the Northwest part of Argentina in March for 7 days/nights.....Tucuamon, Salta, Joujouy, Humahuaca, Cafayate, etc and wondered if any FTs had experienced this area.....also, we have no decent command of Spanish so would we be foolish to drive ourselves?

Love any feedback. Am doing my due diligence in reading research but nothing like impressions from fellow FTers.

Best,
d
Old May 30, 2006, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Buenos Aires on 2 steaks a day

I ran across this funny introduction to eating in BsAs and thought others might enjoy/learn from it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.