Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:17 pm

I searched this thread and couldn't find any info about luggage storage / lockers in EZE. Does anybody have any info?
I'll be in BA, and my folks will be joining mid-trip. They're planning to meet us in IGR, so it doesn't make a ton of sense for them to schlep into BA to drop off their bags and then back to AEP/EZE for a flight--best case would be a flight from EZE a couple/few hours after their ETA.
So, what are their options? Alternatively, is there a reputable luggage->hotel transfer service they could send their bags onward with? I suppose otherwise they could just pay extra for a checked bag to IGR and back, but I'd love to find them a way to avoid this.

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
My wife and I and our 5-month old baby are coming to Buenos Aires in late February... We arrive very early in the morning and the return flight is at midnight, so we basically have 10 days but 9 nights... Trying to figure out how to split up our trip between Buenos Aries and Uruguay. How many days should we spend in Buenos Aires as first time visitors with an infant? We do like to get out and sight see but also don't want to feel too rushed and will need to pace ourselves with a baby... And as far as Uruguay, we were going to take the ferry over to Colonia del Sacramento OR Montevideo OR both. For those who are familiar, is it worth going to Montevideo too, or is Colonia enough? here are 2 options i had in mind...

7 nights in BA, and 2 nights in Colonia...
6 nights in BA, 2 nights in Montevideo and 1 night in Colonia.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2020, 3:17 am

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
A few hours in Colonia is enough and the drive from Colonia to Montevideo is boring. I would do Montevideo and Punta del Este
Old Feb 1, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I travel to both cities frequently. Especially in light of a five-month-old, perhaps you would consider just staying in Buenos Aires. It will Be a more relaxed vacation. Remember there’s nap times changing’s etc. and your wife would probably be looking forward to some down time. While Montevideo is an interesting city, it’s not that easy to grasp at a first glance. Until you can figure out the different neighborhoods and what they offer I don’t see it being as conducive to a family vacation as Buenos Aires would be.
There’s so much to do in Buenos Aires your time will go by very quickly. Just a thought…
no more lurking likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 3:25 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Deleted
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:20 am

Skip Colonia.

If you do not want to spend the entire time i BA, which is a good idea, head to Punta by way of Montevideo for a few days of beach. You can rent a car and dries to Punta easily, or take a bus. Or, perhaps better, head from Montevideo to Jose Ignacio, less than an hour up the coast from Punta Beautiful area, wide open beaches, relaxing, child friendly. Take a look at some photos and stories. The area will not be crowded at that time. A number of small hotels to choose from.

Uruguay is more expensive than ARG, ARG is a bargain now.

Have fun.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Colonia a small town and is worth visiting if you just want to chill out. Some decent hotels there . You can see the whole town in one day.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Is Uber the best bet for a taxi from the airport into Palermo?

I know some airports around the world have a no Uber policy at certain pick up points directly outside.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yokozuma
Is Uber the best bet for a taxi from the airport into Palermo?

I know some airports around the world have a no Uber policy at certain pick up points directly outside.
I tend to use Cabify but that Uber or Didi should work just fine.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Thanks, got a EZE taxi from their stall just outside arrivals in the end which was fine, paid up front at the desk.

Cabify has been much quicker and easier than Uber in the city though.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Plenty of horror stories about Uber in Bs As over at Loyalty Lobby. It seems Uber is not strictly legal in Buenos Aires, so drivers cut corners, shut down rides, don't turn off meter at end of ride, etc. There probably are many honest drivers, but the number and the variety of scams is worrying. I have used Cabify in Santiago de Chile and Bogotá, and I use it all the time in Madrid, but have not in Buenos Aires. Might be worth a try if Uber is looking dodgy.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by spainflyer
Plenty of horror stories about Uber in Bs As over at Loyalty Lobby. It seems Uber is not strictly legal in Buenos Aires, so drivers cut corners, shut down rides, don't turn off meter at end of ride, etc. There probably are many honest drivers, but the number and the variety of scams is worrying. I have used Cabify in Santiago de Chile and Bogotá, and I use it all the time in Madrid, but have not in Buenos Aires. Might be worth a try if Uber is looking dodgy.
Cabify has been consistently good for me in BA and Bogotá.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by spainflyer
BsAs is one of the few cities where I don't mind taking taxis vs. Ubers. Even before their catastrophic currency devaluation in recent years, taxis there were ridiculously cheap (by American standards, at least). Barring an Omicron-related shutdown, I'm planning on heading back there sometime in the next couple of months.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:43 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by kirker
BsAs is one of the few cities where I don't mind taking taxis vs. Ubers. Even before their catastrophic currency devaluation in recent years, taxis there were ridiculously cheap (by American standards, at least). Barring an Omicron-related shutdown, I'm planning on heading back there sometime in the next couple of months.
Agreed 100%. Taxis are very inexpensive.... perpaps the only current downside is that more than 50% of all licensed cabs have stopped operating, so there is currently a shortage of Taxis on the streets. During peak hours, the wait for a Taxi can be an inconvenience. Cabify is probable the best App for Buenos Aires at this time, I would forget Uber.

Kirker-- let me know when you are next in town

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Old Feb 5, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
Such a detailed and helpful thread. I am planning to visit EZE/BA over US Thanksgiving this autumn and am very intrigued to experience this fascinating part of the world.
Flying Machine and Rex Kramer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.