Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by bgallthat1
Quick question. I am landing in EZE at 11:20am via United (Star Alliance) and have a domestic flight I want to take at 12:00pm to El Calafate, FTE via Aerolinas Argentinas (Sky Team). I am NOT checking any bags. I know I have to go through immigration/customs, but do I have to get back in security line as if I just gotten to the airport? Just trying to see if this is at all possible, or a complete waste of time. TIA!
Don't do it. Your flight to El Calafate will start boarding even before you set foot at Ezeiza.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by malagajohn
Cabify I like much more than Uber . recent experience is that they are much more professional the UBER chaps...
Reading through bottom of this thread for a quick trip to BA, this tip about Cabify was very useful to know as I didn't want to waste time/waste money with changing currency and be left with worthless scrap metal and paper to light my fire when I get home. Used them for 2 trips, had no problems.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I’m arriving at EZE on Friday at 11:20am (on UA 819). It’s my first time in Argentina (for a cruise to Antarctica). I haven’t read through this entire thread, but there don’t seem to be any recent posts on this: Can anyone provide a walk-through of the easiest way to get to a taxi to downtown that won’t scam me? I’m staying at the Faena. Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by SS255
I’m arriving at EZE on Friday at 11:20am (on UA 819). It’s my first time in Argentina (for a cruise to Antarctica). I haven’t read through this entire thread, but there don’t seem to be any recent posts on this: Can anyone provide a walk-through of the easiest way to get to a taxi to downtown that won’t scam me? I’m staying at the Faena. Thanks in advance!
I bet the Faena can arrange for an airport pick-up, but I assume it's going to be ridiculously expensive.

Otherwise, after clearing customs you will leave the sterile area and enter a large arrivals hall. Look for the "Taxi Ezeiza" booth. They have been on the business for years and many FTers, including yours truly, have never had any issues with them. Prices are usually quite reasonable and they take cards. You can also pre-book at their website (https://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar) and they will have a car waiting for you.

Tienda León is another possibility but in my experience they are pretty much the same as Taxi Ezeiza but only more expensive.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Marambio
I bet the Faena can arrange for an airport pick-up, but I assume it's going to be ridiculously expensive.

Otherwise, after clearing customs you will leave the sterile area and enter a large arrivals hall. Look for the "Taxi Ezeiza" booth. They have been on the business for years and many FTers, including yours truly, have never had any issues with them. Prices are usually quite reasonable and they take cards. You can also pre-book at their website (https://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar) and they will have a car waiting for you.

Tienda León is another possibility but in my experience they are pretty much the same as Taxi Ezeiza but only more expensive.
Thanks. I tend to avoid hotel-arranged transportation, unless I have specific safety concerns, or im arriving late at night. Reputable taxis are a better bargain. I’ll look for the Taxi Ezeiza booth.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
1. Flying on DL. Does that mean I arrive Terminal A and depart Terminal C.

2. From what I've read the best place to exchange money is at the Banco de Nacione location, which appears to be landside Terminal A. Is that correct?

3. Upon departure I'll have access to both the Centurian and Condor lounges. Which is preferable? (It appears they are very close to each other, Terminal C gate 15.)
Old Dec 5, 2019, 4:44 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Banco Nacion is a good place... if you want to perhaps get an additional AR$1 per Dollar, you could also try to exchange currency on the Blue Market. Depending on how long your stay in EZE is, you may want to spread out your currency trades as three is a possibility the Blue Rate will see some movement after December 10th - when the recently elected government takes office. Nothing is for certain, a lot is very much up in the air.... and certainly nothing to lose sleep over, but as I write above, it all depends on how long your trip in Argentina will last and what you plan to do in terms of shopping & other activities. Cash is King in Argentina so I suggest you bring a pile of Ben Franklins and keep your options open.

You have PM.

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Gargoyle likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Just another short post to add... all Lounges at EZE are rather basic. Unless you have an AmEx Centurion, which will get you into a special VIP section of the AmEx lounge, all the other lounges are really nothing to be excited about. Suggest you (strongly) manage your expectations and you will be fine.
Gargoyle likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
... Cash is King in Argentina so I suggest you bring a pile of Ben Franklins and keep your options open....
Does that mean we're back to the days when credit cards are not accepted or do not have a favorable exchange rate? Back to the cuevas???
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajnaro
Does that mean we're back to the days when credit cards are not accepted or do not have a favorable exchange rate? Back to the cuevas???
No. Credit cards still accepted at places that always have taken plastic, cuevas are starting to come back, and as the spread of official vs. Blue will most probably start to expand.... I think that the Cuevas are going to enjoy a very profitable 2020.

Stay tuned... more news should perhaps be available middle of next week.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:41 pm

EZE transfer - International arrival to Int'l departure

We are arriving in EZE on American, transferring to Aerolineas Arg for a flight to MVD. We have a two hour connection.

I don't believe AA has an interline agreement with Aerolineas, so we can't check our luggage through, I think. Is it possible to to collect checked luggage for our connecting flight without going through EZE customs/passport control and having to check our baggage with Aerolinease for the MVD flight with Aerolineas? Is there some "connection only luggage pick up" way to do this perhaps? I assume likely not. Thus, are we probably limited to carry on? Which we can do if we have to. With carry ons can we simply deplane the American flight and transfer/walk to an Aerolineas gate for our through flight to MVD? And avoid the EZE customs/passport control?

We will return to BA via AEP. In prior trips through AEP we just hailed a taxi out front. Is that still the fastest way out of the airport? Uber also is an option?
Gracias!
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:49 am

So my much anticipated trip to Buenos Aires and Montevideo in December got cancelled because of some personal things going on. Now I'm looking to reschedule as I really want to visit the area. How are April and May as times to visit? Fares and hotels are fantastic for that time period and so far, my research seems to make it sound like it's a pretty pleasant time to be in the region. Just looking for some first hand experience. I would be there the last week of the month for whichever one I possibly choose.

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MissJ
So my much anticipated trip to Buenos Aires and Montevideo in December got cancelled because of some personal things going on. Now I'm looking to reschedule as I really want to visit the area. How are April and May as times to visit? Fares and hotels are fantastic for that time period and so far, my research seems to make it sound like it's a pretty pleasant time to be in the region. Just looking for some first hand experience. I would be there the last week of the month for whichever one I possibly choose.

Thanks!
I'd definitely choose the end of April. Late May will have very short days, and while it will likely not be too cold, the odds are greater.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 3:39 pm

Nice. The weather looks really pleasant that time of year. Good for a lot of walking and being outside. I really want to make it down there. I have all of the groups restaurant recs saved on my phone and am so looking forward to being there when I finally can make it happen.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: ba,dl,qr
Hi, we're passing through EZE next week en route to SCL (stopping for longer on the way back in a few weeks). Arriving on BA at around 09.00 and departing on Sky at 15.22. Not ideal but couldn't get award flights direct to SCL. Presume we will have to go through the whole arrival process and then drop bags at Sky desk in departures? Anyone know when their desk is open as they only have one other flight which is at around 09.20? We have access to a lounge once we're through to airside but if the desk doesn't open till 3 hours before departure we will have some waiting around to do.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.