Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Old May 22, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by Marambio
An 8-hour layover including changing airports means less than 5 hours at the hotel when you add check in times. I would just go to EZE and spend time at the lounge.

That said, the Holiday Inn off EZE might have day rates and they offer free transfer to EZE.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Funny - you assume there's lounge access

But back on point - AEP arrival - figure a remote "gate" and by the time you go through immigration, get your bag, and customs, you will be leaving AEP approx. 1330. You can figure transit time of a bit under 60 minutes at that hour. If you leave the city after 1630 or so, plan additional time. If you are flying out in the main cabin of any airline, I suggest a 3 hour prior to departure EZE arrival (1750).

Note that if you are flying an airline that doesn't have a staffed ticket counter during the day, you will get to EZE with almost nowhere to go and nothing to do. If that is the case, I'd check out the HI near EZE. It isn't exactly airport convenient, but it is on the way and with a shuttle, you're in good shape.
Thanks guys.
Will be flying AA in J and also OW Sapphire. Hoping there will be at least one OW lounge to use, with showers will be nice. No checked bags, well not planning to. I'll check with the hotel I will be staying in BA before heading to IPC if they do day rates. Spending 2 nights in BA, wouldn't mind any tips for BA.

If not, I'll just plan on getting lunch around BA centro and head to EZE, planning to arrive by 1700, so leave BA centro around 1600.
Old May 22, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Funny - you assume there's lounge access
I thought about it before posting but then I said this is FlyerTalk, where everyone either flies premium cabins, holds elite status or has a Priority Pass card, or all three at the same time

Originally Posted by island82
Thanks guys.
Will be flying AA in J and also OW Sapphire.
See, Eastbay1K?

Originally Posted by island82
Hoping there will be at least one OW lounge to use, with showers will be nice. No checked bags, well not planning to. I'll check with the hotel I will be staying in BA before heading to IPC if they do day rates. Spending 2 nights in BA, wouldn't mind any tips for BA.

If not, I'll just plan on getting lunch around BA centro and head to EZE, planning to arrive by 1700, so leave BA centro around 1600.
AA has its own Admirals Club (shared with BA and IB) and you could also use the LATAM lounge - both have showers. Having lunch somewhere nice and then head to EZE sounds like a good plan.

Where are you staying in BA?
Old May 22, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Is the AA Lounge an Admirals Club or a shared One World Lounge?
Old May 22, 2017, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by malagajohn
Is the AA Lounge an Admirals Club or a shared One World Lounge?
It is marketed as an Admirals Club and the staff are AA's, but the entrance sign also has the Iberia and BA brands next to American's.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
There is definitely an Iberia employee at the entrance and I think there is also a BA employee.

I cannot recall seeing an Admirals Club logo - does it have one at the entrance?
Old May 22, 2017, 8:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The lounge is jointly run by IB and AA. IB staff when I was last there for the early afternoon IB flight. The official BA lounge is the Centurion lounge.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: WP
I thought about it before posting but then I said this is FlyerTalk, where everyone either flies premium cabins, holds elite status or has a Priority Pass card, or all three at the same time

See, Eastbay1K?

AA has its own Admirals Club (shared with BA and IB) and you could also use the LATAM lounge - both have showers. Having lunch somewhere nice and then head to EZE sounds like a good plan.

Where are you staying in BA?
When on FT, assume DYKWIA!

Staying at Patios de San Telmo while in BA. Planning to grab some food near AEP and do some plane spotting by the runway, then head to EZE, if possible.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Greetings EZE fans!

got a couple questions, about to make a return trip to Argentina through EZE.

When arriving and doing immigration, 09:45 AM what is the process and expected time frame for a North American arriving?

Ultimately, I'm flying on to Bariloche that day and trying to figure out time required in between? Is a 12:30 flight out of the city airport possible, or are more hours required?

Also, what is the easiest fastest way from EZE to the city airport? Seems uber is there and pretty cheap, takes about 30 minutes?

thanks for the tips
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:32 am

I'm posting this here as it is probably more useful in this thread than in the Amex forum.

Amex Argentina has some special offers every Friday valid only for 24 hours ("Viernes Express" they call it). Today they are selling 100,000 MR points for 11,000 pesos. Considering that twice of thrice a year they offer a 1 on 1 conversion from MR to Avios and to Aerolíneas Plus, this means that, well used, you could buy 2 tickets from EZE to the USA or Europe in Economy for 11,000 pesos (630 USD). Great deal.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm posting this here as it is probably more useful in this thread than in the Amex forum.

Amex Argentina has some special offers every Friday valid only for 24 hours ("Viernes Express" they call it). Today they are selling 100,000 MR points for 11,000 pesos. Considering that twice of thrice a year they offer a 1 on 1 conversion from MR to Avios and to Aerolíneas Plus, this means that, well used, you could buy 2 tickets from EZE to the USA or Europe in Economy for 11,000 pesos (630 USD). Great deal.
Good deal...although I would use them towards J awards rather than Y.

Unfortunately neither me nor the missus has AMEX.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott platinum, delta platinum
DL counter opening time and lounge

We will be flying out of EZE on DL in February. We will have a looong time at the airport cause our tour drops us at 3 pm and flite leaves after 9 pm. Can you advise what time the DL counters open so we can get thru to the lounge? And any comments on the DL lounge?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
EZE Lounges

Within the past year I have been in all three lounges. In my opinion LAN has the best lounge, although I will certainly give AA a great deal of credit for a vastly improved lounge with good food offerings.
Delta uses the Aerolineas lounge which in my humble opinion is really third rate. The food is nothing to brag about and when I was there (I believe twice) the parents didn't give a darn as to what their children might be up to. The remodeled airport is quite nice and I wouldn't be surprised if the same firm didn't do Mendoza and Montevideo.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
EZE Meet & Greet Service?

I'll be flying into EZE on a J AA ticket, arrival around 0830. A few questions:

1. I presume we will be getting some sort of fast-track?

2. Is there a reputable meet/greet service that provides some value over the fast-track? (I had one in Dubai that really sped up through the whole process, much faster than the normal fast-track).

Thanks for your insights.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:05 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The fast track option at EZE is to pay for the VIP Package from the airport operator, when using an ordinary passport. That means no immigration and customs waits.

Airline business class into EZE has gotten me mostly nothing over the years in terms of immigration and customs, other than I hit (or beat) the lines before most of the other passengers on my plane get to the immigration counters and baggage hall.

http://www.aeropuertosvipclub.com.ar...id=592&lang=en

It ain't cheap, and it's value to someone may be all over the place depending upon personal circumstances. I don't pay for it for myself.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 12, 2017 at 5:14 am
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:48 am

The only fast-track option at EZE, as mentioned by GUWonder, is the Aeropuertos VIP Club, which is horribly expensive. It's actually a spin-off from the greet&meet service for high-ranking officials (ministers, governors, etc.) so they are not really interested in advertising it. I have used it once thanks to a contact who had the membership and it's indeed more confortable as you wait sipping coffee at EZE's only arrivals lounge while someone does immigration, picks up your luggage and clears customs for you, but I wouldn't pay 2,000 USD for it.

I think Emirates First Class also uses the service. AFAIK it's the only airline and class that gives it to its passengers. Some black credit cards used to offer free vouchers but that was some years ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.