Wiki Posts
Search

EZE or AEP and Austral Lineas Aereas

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

EZE or AEP and Austral Lineas Aereas

Hi everyone

I am about to book our flights, but before doing so I have a couple of questions.
Is there a list of flights that will be moved to EZE from AEP after April? I am planning on booking a Latam flight from Santiago de Chile to Puerto Iguazu, that is actually 2 flights (LA439 from SCL to AEP and then LA7506 from AEP to IGR). The layover is 2 hours and 15 minutes, which I guess is ok if the first flight doesn't get moved to EZE. How do I find that out??

We will also be flying from IGR to SLA and the only direct flight is AR2814, operated by Austral Lineas Aereas. Has anyone had experiences with them? Are they reliable? LATAM doesn't have a direct flight to Salta and we would be spending the whole day traveling if we booked this leg with them, so I'd rather fly direct with Austral. Has anyone booked through their site? Tickets are not cheap: about 100$ per person for the most basic fare with no seat allocation and only 15kg baggage allowance. Which brings me to the last question... we are traveling with 2 kids (10 and 8), will our tickets be linked or should we pay more to get our seats allocated? We wouldn't want the little ones to have to seat on their own... Any tip?

THANKS!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
In theory 50% of all regional flights , except those to and from Uruguay ,will be moved to Ezeiza on 9th April.

What 50% ? no one is quite sure yet.....

There is a possibility that this date will be moved back - i would imagine that Latam will reaccommodate you if the schedule change means you are unable to do the transfer.

Austral is a subsidiary of Aerolineas Argentinas - so service levels will be fine . Planes will be quite new . Austral operates 737s and EMB 190s/

15 kilos is the normal baggage allowance on domestic flights with Aerolineas / Austral

Normally you can book seats together when you book on theuir webs ite
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
The Iguazu - Salta service is normally serviced with the EMB 190 . 2-2 configuration with decent legroom.

I think most of them have individual TV screens as well with a limited entertainment program
Old Dec 28, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Nobody knows yet which services will be moved to EZE, but if you buy SCL-AEP-IGR on the same ticket, LATAM should cover you in case any of the flights are moved to Ezeiza.

All Austral Embraer 190 have a 2-2 layout with average legroom (1-2 in Club Economy), and all of their planes but 2 have PTVs. IGR-SLA is ca. 1 hour, so you will get a soft drink and perhaps a tiny snack.

AFAIK Aerolineas' website allows for seat selection upon buying your tickets irrespective of your fare, so you can pick your seats for the whole family. Besides the 15kg baggage limit, bear in mind the Embraer carry-on luggage allowance is just 8 kg and in my experience they are very strict in that regard.

All AU flights are marketed as Aerolíneas Argentinas' ("AR2xxx opb Austral"), so you can earn miles on any Skyteam programme.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!

I contacted Latam, but they still don't know which flight will be moved when. I don't want to wait until April (when they will start moving the flights) to book our flight, so I will have to take the chance. It will be all on one ticket (SCL - AEP - IGR), so Latam will need to take care of it, I guess (that's what they said).

As for Austral, they have 2 different fares, a cheaper one (about 100USD per person) with 15 kg (+8kg for carry-on) and no seat allocation and a more expensive one (about 170USD per person) with the same baggage allowance but on which you can choose your seats. As it will be for 4 people, the more expensive fair is about 300USD more... We don't mind sitting by 2, but I would not want the kids to sit on their own (they are 8 and 10), so I was trying to understand if they usually keep minors with an accompanying adult.

Marambio, you say there is a website where I can buy the tickets and choose my seats regardless of the fare? Are you able to link it here please? I was using Aerolíneas Argentinas (which is giving an error at the moment).

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.