Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Transfer EZE -> Recoleta

Transfer EZE -> Recoleta

Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Transfer EZE -> Recoleta

Most of the info in this forum on EZE transfers seems to be a bit dated, so I thought it would be appropriate to start a new thread.

We're traveling to Bs As in August for our usual month there. In the past, our apartment rental service has offered a transfer service from another company -- the cost has gone up to $70 each way, with increases likely before we arrive.

Is Dante still recommended for EZE transfers? Are there any other recommended transfer services? Is $70 a reasonable rate nowadays? (I've looked at SilverStar, but we really don't need 'luxury' service or prices.)
Old Jun 18, 2012, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Any of the EZE booths just past customs and prior to the general circulation area are fine. I've probably used them all. Standard cars, hovering about US$40. MTL is about 20% more expensive than the rest.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Any of the EZE booths just past customs and prior to the general circulation area are fine. I've probably used them all. Standard cars, hovering about US$40. MTL is about 20% more expensive than the rest.
Good advice.

Most of these transfer services offered by hotels/apt rentals will charge a premium compared to what can be safely booked on arrival at the airport.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:24 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by ziobacio
Most of the info in this forum on EZE transfers seems to be a bit dated, so I thought it would be appropriate to start a new thread.

We're traveling to Bs As in August for our usual month there. In the past, our apartment rental service has offered a transfer service from another company -- the cost has gone up to $70 each way, with increases likely before we arrive.

Is Dante still recommended for EZE transfers? Are there any other recommended transfer services? Is $70 a reasonable rate nowadays? (I've looked at SilverStar, but we really don't need 'luxury' service or prices.)
Why don't you use Manuel Tienda Leon's EZE express bus? For $14 one way. I've done this trip several times. Usually it's quick. Just walk out the front of the Int'l terminal, to the left side, walk 150m to where the road curves around left in front of the other terminal, then you will see the MTL bus stop.

When you get to their downtown terminal at Antarctica, then you can cab it quickly and at much lower cost than you will be charged by the airport taxi cabal.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Thanks all for the suggestions. I wasn't sure if those services just past customs were reliable, but I'm sure that's what we'll do.

A friend told us about the MTL bus, but for 2 people just off a 11 hour flight with checked bags for a month long stay, it's not much more expensive to get a cab and go straight to the apartment.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ziobacio
Thanks all for the suggestions. I wasn't sure if those services just past customs were reliable, but I'm sure that's what we'll do.

A friend told us about the MTL bus, but for 2 people just off a 11 hour flight with checked bags for a month long stay, it's not much more expensive to get a cab and go straight to the apartment.
I'd just take a cab. You won't have to wait for the bus to fill, and then won't have to grab a cab when you get into the city. If you have a fair amount of luggage, make sure the agent sees how much you have to make sure the car you get can handle it. (Often, a bag has to go in the front seat, as well as filling up the trunk.)
Old Jun 20, 2012, 9:49 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Manuel Tienda León, a booth just after customs, has traditionally offered reliable service; you can see their pricing to Bs. As. and other destinations here, for both Bus and Remis (chauffeured car). You can even purchase online in advance if you so desire. The others seem to be OK as well, and often more economical.

Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
Taxis are a good option.

If you want more of a luxury experience (at a higher but not unreasonable price) , Fred and Karina at Silverstar (silverstarcar.com) provide terrific service.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
I've had great experiences with the Taxi Ezeiza folks I posted about here.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Transfer is INCLUDED if you ask in advance..

Originally Posted by redtailshark
Why don't you use Manuel Tienda Leon's EZE express bus? For $14 one way. I've done this trip several times. Usually it's quick. Just walk out the front of the Int'l terminal, to the left side, walk 150m to where the road curves around left in front of the other terminal, then you will see the MTL bus stop.

When you get to their downtown terminal at Antarctica, then you can cab it quickly and at much lower cost than you will be charged by the airport taxi cabal.
When your at the MTL booth just outside of Customs, just provide them with your final destination address in BsAs and they will take you there for just a few dollars more. Bus transport to Terminal in BsAs and remis to your final destination ( they do load a few people in the same car, so plan for another stop or two.. ) They even have a call ahead service for your return ( usually one day in advance ) when you plan to depart back out to EZE. Call them, provide your address and contact number and they will pick you up at the stated time. The pick up will be by the remis and they will drop off at the MTL terminal. From there its bus back to EZE They are a very good service at a very very good price.. Have some pesos ready for the baggage guys they really appreciate the tips.. Its a great service for a solo traveler as they charge per passenger.. I use it all the time..
Old Jul 10, 2012, 5:02 pm

I´ve always used MTL remis in the past 5 or 6 years. Reliable, clean cars, no fuss... maybe a bit more expensive but for me is worthwhile.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I totally agree

Originally Posted by redtailshark

Pronto y menos plata.. and they gave me a Remis by myself once for the same price as the bus, when the bus was delayed for some reason, They have a good service ( Bus and Remis )However, for two and since your asking a month in advance, perhaps a Remis is your best bet. You kindind of answered your question by your replies and baggge issue ( all Norte Americanos have long flights to EXE ). Perhaps the question is, "Whats the Best Remis Service for 2 from EZE to Recoleta do you recommend. Rememer SOLO Travelers read this thread thus my replies. Have fun on your trip.. A month I am so totally jealous!! Sorry if im snarky, but I feel a vibe that you know your answer already..

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jul 10, 2012 at 8:54 pm
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'd just take a cab. You won't have to wait for the bus to fill, and then won't have to grab a cab when you get into the city. If you have a fair amount of luggage, make sure the agent sees how much you have to make sure the car you get can handle it. (Often, a bag has to go in the front seat, as well as filling up the trunk.)
Yes indeed.

The bus is okay for singles short of cash and in no hurry but when there are two of you just take a cab....far easier and quicker.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
I'm not going to Recoleta, but in that kind of direction from EZE (Hotel Las Americas), however I don't think a new thread is necessary.

I am due back to EZE on 15th Sept, arriving with LAN from GRU just after lunch. I usually use the desk situated once you are in the public area, blue and white signage (is that Taxi Ezeiza?), the last couple of trips I have had to hang around a while and then not had a great experience getting to the city, ropey cars, getting lost etc.. Although price wise they are acceptable.

Are there better car companies post customs before the public area or is there someone anyone can recommend online so I can pre-book?

Also if anyone fancies a beer/bite to eat on 15/16th drop me a message, my itinerary is not confirmed yet regarding the weekend with the exception of my arrival. Might have to head off to Cordoba on Sunday so might just be Saturday night I am at a loose end.

Thanks in advance!

Rich
Old Sep 3, 2012, 7:41 am

Has anyone used these guys:

http://www.goairporttaxi.com.ar/en/

Any recommendations or advice? They seem similar to MTL but their site is lot more user friendly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.