Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taxi Fares in Buenos Aires

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
Taxi fares in BsAs will rise by 26% in November. The day rate will go from $0.58 to $0.73, and the night rate (22:00-6:00) from $0.69 to $0.87.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1407633-s...s-en-noviembre
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Please note that the implementation of this is still subject to public hearings to be held by the Bs. Aires legislature and the final date for implementation is still to be set.
I read that the public hearings were basically pro forma and that the rate increase would go ahead anyway ...
Rate increases in the capital will take place on November 29, with the fare structures outlined above.
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1424896-a...esde-el-martes

This is the 10th increase since 2003 (a 421% overall increase).

I post this information only to remind tourists that inflation in Argentina is very high, and that the taxi ride you took a few years ago will be a lot more expensive.

To keep honest drivers honest, try to pay with close to the exact fare. Tipping is not expected, although it's courteous to round up to the next peso.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 5:51 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Mi querido Juan..... if you can match the AR$ vs. USD fx rate to the taxi fares (from 2003) and adjust the increase in rates in nominal USD then I will bestow a PhD in Economics from the University of Wikipedia next time you are in town.....

(malbec prize is involved).....
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Mi querido Juan..... if you can match the AR$ vs. USD fx rate to the taxi fares (from 2003) and adjust the increase in rates in nominal USD then I will bestow a PhD in Economics from the University of Wikipedia next time you are in town.....

(malbec prize is involved).....
The malbec has been intercepted

2003 Average AR$3 to US$1 (The year started at $3.20, then went below $3 much of the year, ending at $2.94)

Numbers are rounded.

$30 ride costs US$10

Late 2011

Same $30 ride will cost $126 - at $4.25, this is approx. US$30
At night (there was no night fare until recently), the same $30 ride will cost $156 - this is approx. US$37

So, more or less 300% inflation by day, 370% inflation by night.

Last edited by Eastbay1K; Nov 26, 2011 at 2:06 pm
Old Nov 25, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The malbec has been intercepted.
I'll be happy to pick that up for you.

Sorry I was delayed in getting back to this thread. Tio Juan was busy packing toys for a couple of cute argenteninos
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
So, more or less 300% inflation by day, 370% inflation by night.
Wow, that's a remarkable increase. Another thing that is no longer a great bargain for tourists.

I imagine the shopping is expensive, too.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I'll be happy to pick that up for you.

Sorry I was delayed in getting back to this thread. Tio Juan was busy packing toys for a couple of cute argenteninos
Dios salve al Tio Juan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^

On this subject matter.... I need a baseball glove for Gauchito and one for meself..... will be in touch later...
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
I imagine the shopping is expensive, too.
It depends... what exactly would you be shopping for...? French perfume... very expensive. Leather.... not so expensive. Dress shoes.... not so expensive. Electronics.... outdated and quite expensive. Textiles in general... mostly expensive, unless you buy 2nd tier brands, quality is variable so be careful what you get. Wines... great values. Art... if you know your stuff, some great bargains to be had.

The devil is in the details. I suggest avoiding broad generalizations else you will be making more mistakes than if you dig a little deeper than the surface and do some research and homework.
Old May 25, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: AA Plat, AA 1MM LT Gold, *wood Plat
AEP to EZE

Will be coming back from IGR to AEP in a few days and need a cab/taxi from there to EZE. Any suggestions on what I can get at AEP and how much it would cost to do the transfer?
Old May 25, 2012, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Cst2Cst
Will be coming back from IGR to AEP in a few days and need a cab/taxi from there to EZE. Any suggestions on what I can get at AEP and how much it would cost to do the transfer?
http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/home/home.asp

MTL has a bus service for $75. Their remise (taxi) service is $250. I'd imagine that other taxis are about $200.

If you have plenty of time, I believe the bus is direct airport -> airport, so once the bus leaves, it should be almost as fast as a taxi.
Old May 26, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
More increases in taxi fares due in July and October

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1476268-e...o-y-en-octubre
Old May 26, 2012, 8:28 pm

Travel time AEP to EZE

I am trying to figure out if I can take the later flight out of IGR to AEP. The potential new flight would land at 5:10 pm. My AA flight from EZE is at 9:25pm. I have heard of delayed plane flights in Argentina and then the travel time from AEP to EZE. Anyone got any recommendations?

My current flight gets into AEP at 1:10, I would have a good 8 hours to burn through, so trying to spend more time in IGR. Otherwise I may be tempted to La Cabrera run in between the flights (if I can figure out what to do with the luggage).
Old May 27, 2012, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Cst2Cst
I am trying to figure out if I can take the later flight out of IGR to AEP. The potential new flight would land at 5:10 pm. My AA flight from EZE is at 9:25pm. I have heard of delayed plane flights in Argentina and then the travel time from AEP to EZE. Anyone got any recommendations?

My current flight gets into AEP at 1:10, I would have a good 8 hours to burn through, so trying to spend more time in IGR. Otherwise I may be tempted to La Cabrera run in between the flights (if I can figure out what to do with the luggage).
It's certainly doable assuming your IGR flight is on time. If you are travelling on a weekday, traffic heading out of Buenos Aires on the autopista at that time will be heavy and it could take 1-1.5 hours to get to EZE from AEP.

Personally I'd get the earlier flight especially if you are travelling on separate tickets but that's just me. At the end of the day only you can decide if you're willing to take the risk of possibly missing your AA flight to JFK
Old May 27, 2012, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by britenbsas

Personally I'd get the earlier flight especially if you are travelling on separate tickets but that's just me.
No it's not just you I would as well.

I think it would be crazy to do otherwise.
Old May 27, 2012, 5:49 pm

So I shall stick with the earlier flight (plus i have pretty much taken every angle of the falls by now). Now to effectively use my time in BA I am hope to go for a quick Bife run at La Cabrera. I think I saw a storage place at AEP - has anyone used these before? Secondly, anyone think my food run is a bad idea?

Thanks.
Ps: Mod i realize this is a side diversion of the thread but figured the storage question still keeps it here . Muchos Gracias.
Old May 28, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
Had a great experience with taxiezeiza yesterday. Fare from EZE to San Telmo was AR$198 (versus AR$150 in September ). While paying for our trip downtown, I went ahead and setup/prepaid a return to EZE from the Hilton at 6PM (easy access to autopista*) for AR$160. Driver was waiting for us and ready to go as we walked up at 6 on the dot. Vehicles in both directions were like brand new and we were at EZE in just over 30 minutes but this was a Sunday evening.

*I'm done with trying to catch a cab from Palermo to EZE. Too many stoplights and the drivers never seem to know how to get to the autopista.

ETA:they only take cash...only drawback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.