Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Transfer each 3 PC points into 4 AGR (Offer Dead)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2012, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Oh, those bloggers!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I must say I also followed the blog which caused me to attempt to get the points but I will be on FlyerTalk more often to randomly follow post from now on. Lil
Old Dec 24, 2012, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
And to think that points.com staff were at work on Christmas Eve to notice the increased volume of orders, then pull the plug!

From points.com homepage:
"Our customer service centre will close at 12 pm ET today and re-open on December 27th at 9 am ET." Gee, if the bloggers had waited a few more hours today, everyone's transaction would have probably gone thru the automated system during Christmas, leaving points.com staff to exclaim, "What the [bleep] ?!" on Thurs. 12/27!

Last edited by Brendan; Dec 24, 2012 at 3:49 pm
Old Dec 24, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
possibly or they all would have been held in Q until they got back and we all would have been canceled at once
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: Club Carlson, Hyatt, National, Le Club Accor,
Angry fight for fairness

I just wanted to ask if there's anyone who participated in this exchange that are going to argue for their points. I've opened up a case number even though I know that they won't open until Thursday.

I exchanged 11,000 PC to 14,666 AGR points. I don't understand why we should have no issue to argue if some bloggers got their points (and then some) for their transfers and arbitrarily left others out to dry.

I received a 1st email that said Points.com was working on my transaction and then they tell me to try again and buy points at a much higher rate! I really want to see them make this right in the spirit of the holidays.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 7:21 am

I believe it's a waste of time to try and email and call points.com because they have all of the terms and conditions stating that they can reverse transfers on the drop of a dime. it's really a misprint so the bloggers and whoever else were able to get the deal are lucky and we just missed out even though we did get a confirmation of transfer of the points until next time is always going to be another deal
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just because some transfers went through does not mean that they will not be reversed in due time (that's what happened with the latest conversion issue).
Old Dec 28, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Just because some transfers went through does not mean that they will not be reversed in due time (that's what happened with the latest conversion issue).
And that's exactly what happened to me...my 15K for 20K Amtrak got reversed. I'll be very curious to see if this has happened for folks who already earmarked their points.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum

Much like FAA regs about mistake fares, aren't there FTC rules protecting consumers from merchants reneging on completed transactions at previously agreed-upon prices or rates? Or am I making that up? At the very least, I'm sure the CC companies would have something to say about it if a transaction involving them was involved.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Update: I ordered conversion PC --> AGR on 12/15, got it 12/16, immediately converted to CX, which pended until 12/21, when it "Failed."
I ordered $700 in GCs with 70K of my 76K on 12/22. my AGR was frozen on 12/25, which CS said on 12/26 was 'due to points.com questions.' But I received my GCs on 12/28 via FedEx envelope sent on 12/26 !

Finally today 1/1 my AGR account is unlocked & says that my last 6K AGR points were deducted on 12/28 for a 'partner adjustment' but have not been put back into my PC!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.