Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Concierge- what have they done for you? [2007 - 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Concierge- what have they done for you? [2007 - 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:08 pm

Rasika

Originally Posted by skadoo323
Was this at Rasika?
They got me a reservation the other day at 7:15 PM when opentable was showing no availability.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Remember, kids: if Concierge can't get you a reservation, and you want to dine there badly enough, showing up last-minute as "'Hamilton', party of 2" (or if it's really exclusive, "'Jackson', party of 2"), palmed off to the check-in person as inconspicuously as possible (usually while shaking their hand "Hello") has worked for me 99% of the time

I dunno if this would work at El Bulli or French Laundry though, but hey, it won't (shouldn't!) cost you anything if it doesn't work
Old Dec 7, 2013, 9:16 am

Has anyone tried using the Platinum concierge to get a reservation at one of the Michelin-starred sushi establishments in Tokyo?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Remember, kids: if Concierge can't get you a reservation, and you want to dine there badly enough, showing up last-minute as "'Hamilton', party of 2" (or if it's really exclusive, "'Jackson', party of 2"), palmed off to the check-in person as inconspicuously as possible (usually while shaking their hand "Hello") has worked for me 99% of the time

I dunno if this would work at El Bulli or French Laundry though, but hey, it won't (shouldn't!) cost you anything if it doesn't work
Real exclusive places? When I lived in NYC it was Grant.. Nowadays it's Franklin.. I remember once at Peter Lugers (minimum 6 week reservation), a guy slipped the maitre d' a Jackson. The maitre d' returned it and said sorry we're full... That event was over 10 years ago..
Old Dec 11, 2013, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup

Originally Posted by nyc2socal
Real exclusive places? When I lived in NYC it was Grant.. Nowadays it's Franklin.. I remember once at Peter Lugers (minimum 6 week reservation), a guy slipped the maitre d' a Jackson. The maitre d' returned it and said sorry we're full... That event was over 10 years ago..
Yup, the worse that can happen is they return you your money if there is no space. Never hurts to try.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:29 pm

Tried Centurion Concierge for:

1.) Lunch reservations at Club 33 in Anaheim. No go
2.) 2 tickets for Garth Brooks Jan 3 or 4 in Vegas. No go. Did however provide some aftermarket prices but they were more expensive than stub hub.
3.) Dinner reservations at the Foundation Room in Las Vegas. - Still working on that.

I did use Centurion travel to book the Wynn. A very helpful agent. Got me a rate cheaper than online with all the Cent FHR benes. She was quick to invite me to the Centurion lounge at LAS which was a nice touch.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Amex Plat Travel Service - trying to book a 4x4 SUV for Reno/Tahoe tomorrow, looking around Hertz' site it was going to be over $150/DAY (With CDPs, etc.). Amex Platinum travel service on the phone just booked me a "FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE" for $132 ALL inclusive for 2 days. (Pickup Friday AM drop off Sunday AM)

Success! Got a Kia AWD intermediate SUV and the keys were ready for me, no fuss. (Updated after picking up at airport)

Last edited by fotoflyer88; Dec 13, 2013 at 2:07 pm Reason: Details.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
AMEX Concierge has gone downhill. They copy and paste what they google.

Tried to have them make reservations 5x and unsuccessful each time. I asked them to make a reservation for French Laundry any day for dinner in a 6 week window. They came back and said nothing was available. I asked any future dates and they said "sir, I apologize, nothing is available".

I just called the restaurant and told them I'm looking for a weekend within a 6 week window and if not, a weekday will do. Put me on hold for 2 minutes and secured a Saturday night reservation 5 weeks out.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by silver-tls
AMEX Concierge has gone downhill. They copy and paste what they google.

Tried to have them make reservations 5x and unsuccessful each time. I asked them to make a reservation for French Laundry any day for dinner in a 6 week window. They came back and said nothing was available. I asked any future dates and they said "sir, I apologize, nothing is available".

I just called the restaurant and told them I'm looking for a weekend within a 6 week window and if not, a weekday will do. Put me on hold for 2 minutes and secured a Saturday night reservation 5 weeks out.
Did you email or call Amex Concierge?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Amex Plat Travel Service - trying to book a 4x4 SUV for Reno/Tahoe tomorrow, looking around Hertz' site it was going to be over $150/DAY (With CDPs, etc.). Amex Platinum travel service on the phone just booked me a "FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE" for $132 ALL inclusive for 2 days. (Pickup Friday AM drop off Sunday AM)

The real test will be tomorrow morning when I arrive. Do I get my 4x4? Or do I play the Jerry Seinfeld "BUT I HAVE A RESERVATION" game. AMEX advised me to call them if this kind of situation happens.

Fingers Crossed.
They did this through Hertz? Did you try the Amex platinum code on Hertz's website?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by hytekjosh
They did this through Hertz? Did you try the Amex platinum code on Hertz's website?
I tried using the Hertz code on the site - I could see "small/intermediate SUVs" but it wouldn't promise me AWD or 4x4. This is where the Plat desk made it happen for me nicely.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL GM, AmEx Plat, DL AmEx Plat, SPG Gold, National Exec
I have asked the Concierge to actually help me locate certain items I was hoping to buy but couldn't find. Sometimes articles of clothing, sometimes gifts, one time I really wanted to buy a CD (I hate digital downloads), and could not find the damn thing for the life of me anywhere online or in stores and figured I'd give Plat Concierge a shot. Lo and behold they managed to locate a website I'd never heard of that had it for sale.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:41 pm

I was having a party one night and the TV in the living room stopped working. Called AMEX early in the morning and asked them to locate a place who could deliver a new TV to me same day. They promised to get back to me by 1pm. Alas, they never emailed me for over 24 hours. Not even an apology.

Also I asked for One Direction tickets during the "pre-sale" and they got me nothing. Just an apology.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
I was having a party one night and the TV in the living room stopped working. Called AMEX early in the morning and asked them to locate a place who could deliver a new TV to me same day. They promised to get back to me by 1pm. Alas, they never emailed me for over 24 hours. Not even an apology.

Also I asked for One Direction tickets during the "pre-sale" and they got me nothing. Just an apology.
They've been pretty worthless for me, so much so that I've stopped figuring it in when deciding whether the card is actually worth the cost each year.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Did you email or call Amex Concierge?
Both. Called first time and emailed other times. Ironic thing is they sent alternatives and the one time I felt like trying one, it was booked as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.