Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Marriott rewards for AMEX Germany?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2005, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Angry No more Marriott rewards for AMEX Germany?

Did anyone else notice that Marriott has disappeared from the list of redemption partner lately? It used to be such a good ratio at 1:1 and now it seems to be gone? I certainly didn't get any information about that. Does anyone know more? Don't they inform you when partners leave the program? If Starwood leaves as well, it's time to get rid of all my AMEX points I've collected over the years...
Old Feb 11, 2005, 3:24 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Did anyone else notice that Marriott has disappeared from the list of redemption partner lately? It used to be such a good ratio at 1:1 and now it seems to be gone? I certainly didn't get any information about that. Does anyone know more? Don't they inform you when partners leave the program? If Starwood leaves as well, it's time to get rid of all my AMEX points I've collected over the years...
They announced the termination of the Mariott partnership about six month in advance, it was on my invoices from Amex, on the web site, in a newsletter. So everybody should know. I do agree that redemption possibilites for the German MR program look a little thin by now.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 4:07 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
dont trade the mr points in

Originally Posted by Sydfly
i calculated many times, and the best value i see in amex points are in getting RENTAL CAR Vouchers.

of course in germany the prices are very low. so the A/B categorie which gives you a small car would only cost 50euro per day.

but, as for example hertz mostly dont have the small cars, they never had one when i used my vouchers. ( i cashed in over 100000 MR miles in rental car vouchers in the last 4years)
you will get mostly a car which will cost you per day at least 70 Euro. doing the same thing in another europen county gives you a better value as for example in italy or france the rental car prices are much higher than in germany.

now its too sad that the german centurion is getting worser and worser.

;(
Old Feb 11, 2005, 11:44 am

Marriott MR Germany

I did not see any information on Marriott´s withdrawal from the German program. However, the perks of the German Centurion Card are surely becoming less attractive.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by colonius
They announced the termination of the Mariott partnership about six month in advance, it was on my invoices from Amex, on the web site, in a newsletter. So everybody should know. I do agree that redemption possibilites for the German MR program look a little thin by now.
Well, first of all I haven't seen this on my statements, but then again I usually don't pay too much attention to that one Secondly, I certainly haven't noticed anything on their website and I'm browsing the redemption categories on a regular basis. If they were serious about telling people they could have a note next to Marriott redemption saying that this offer will expire soon, I think. Thirdly, I get their email newsletter and there certainly wasn't any mention of it in there in the last 12 months...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.