FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No more Marriott rewards for AMEX Germany?
Old Feb 11, 2005, 4:07 am
derpelikan

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
dont trade the mr points in

Originally Posted by Sydfly
Did anyone else notice that Marriott has disappeared from the list of redemption partner lately? It used to be such a good ratio at 1:1 and now it seems to be gone? I certainly didn't get any information about that. Does anyone know more? Don't they inform you when partners leave the program? If Starwood leaves as well, it's time to get rid of all my AMEX points I've collected over the years...
i calculated many times, and the best value i see in amex points are in getting RENTAL CAR Vouchers.

of course in germany the prices are very low. so the A/B categorie which gives you a small car would only cost 50euro per day.

but, as for example hertz mostly dont have the small cars, they never had one when i used my vouchers. ( i cashed in over 100000 MR miles in rental car vouchers in the last 4years)
you will get mostly a car which will cost you per day at least 70 Euro. doing the same thing in another europen county gives you a better value as for example in italy or france the rental car prices are much higher than in germany.

now its too sad that the german centurion is getting worser and worser.

;(