Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Business Gold refresh October 2023: $375 fee effective February 2024.

Business Gold refresh October 2023: $375 fee effective February 2024.

Old Jan 27, 2024, 5:40 pm
  #61  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Posts: 4,340
Originally Posted by eh9
Thank you! Sad it’s taking like 10 days for credits now
Where did you purchase, when, and which gc? My uber gc from staples took 1 day to credit with the post date being the same day as the purchase date.
Here are my credits for both December and January which were both pretty much immediate.
friedablass is online now  
Old Feb 5, 2024, 9:49 am
  #62  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 122
Does the gas station category for 4x include purchases made inside the store?
acinchus is offline  
Old Feb 5, 2024, 11:03 am
  #63  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,470
Originally Posted by acinchus
Does the gas station category for 4x include purchases made inside the store?
For purchases on Amex cards, you need to test and memorize the locations that give you 4X. It may take a month or longer after each purchase for the 4X status will be visible on AmEx. IME it's usually less than half of such mixed locations. By comparison, MC/Visa card purchases inside the store almost always count as fuel.
acinchus and cuthroat like this.
MaxVO is offline  
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:25 pm
  #64  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 122
Originally Posted by MaxVO
For purchases on Amex cards, you need to test and memorize the locations that give you 4X. It may take a month or longer after each purchase for the 4X status will be visible on AmEx. IME it's usually less than half of such mixed locations. By comparison, MC/Visa card purchases inside the store almost always count as fuel.
ok will test and as you indicated on the business gold will have to wait for the next monthly statement to see which transactions they tag for 4x.

Any directional indicators on how in-store transactions at 7-11 are likely counted?
acinchus is offline  
Old Feb 5, 2024, 1:11 pm
  #65  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,470
Originally Posted by acinchus
...Any directional indicators on how in-store transactions at 7-11 are likely counted?
There must be a multi-pump fuel station attached. Your luck may also improve in more rural areas. Also, it may take 2 months before you know if it's 4X (Biz Gold) / 3X ( Blue Cash Pref) or 1X - so be patient.
acinchus likes this.
MaxVO is offline  
Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:46 pm
  #66  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 122
Originally Posted by MaxVO
There must be a multi-pump fuel station attached. Your luck may also improve in more rural areas. Also, it may take 2 months before you know if it's 4X (Biz Gold) / 3X ( Blue Cash Pref) or 1X - so be patient.
Visually how do the 4x in gas stations show up in the Amex transactions activity history. Do they show up as non-bonus purchase that earn 1x when transaction posts and if they qualify for 4x, is it an incremental 3x added when the next statement (or does it need two statement closes?).
acinchus is offline  
Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:38 am
  #67  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,470
Originally Posted by acinchus
Visually how do the 4x in gas stations show up in the Amex transactions activity history. Do they show up as non-bonus purchase that earn 1x when transaction posts and if they qualify for 4x, is it an incremental 3x added when the next statement (or does it need two statement closes?).
First the bank will just confirm the purchase and list the purchase location (Station Number). If you google that station #, you can get its address. The 4X status may be added quite a while after the purchase (e.g. 2 months), and not necessarily in chronological order. Be patient.
MaxVO is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2024, 4:19 pm
  #68  
eh9
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 53
Originally Posted by friedablass
Where did you purchase, when, and which gc? My uber gc from staples took 1 day to credit with the post date being the same day as the purchase date.
Here are my credits for both December and January which were both pretty much immediate.
​​​​​​​Disney gift card from office depot.
eh9 is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2024, 6:18 pm
  #69  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Posts: 4,340
Originally Posted by eh9
Disney gift card from office depot.
Did you enroll for this benefit? If not you won't get the credit. Happened to me the first month on one of my cards when I forgot to enroll.

My February gift cards from staples were purchased on 2/3 and credit posting date is once again on that same day just as in previous months. So this credit is still posting very quickly and I'd say there may be an issue with your particular purchase rather than with this credit overall.
mia likes this.

Last edited by friedablass; Feb 8, 2024 at 6:51 pm Reason: Typo
friedablass is online now  
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:25 am
  #70  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 122
Originally Posted by acinchus
ok will test .... Any directional indicators on how in-store transactions at 7-11 are likely counted?
Originally Posted by MaxVO
There must be a multi-pump fuel station attached. Your luck may also improve in more rural areas. Also, it may take 2 months before you know if it's 4X (Biz Gold) / 3X ( Blue Cash Pref) or 1X - so be patient.
Did couple of transactions at 7-11 and this is how they are reflecting in the transaction history
(at pump) shows up as "7-ELEVEN PAYATPUMP"
(inside store) shows up as "7-ELEVEN"
Clicking on each transaction then choosing "show additional info" shows the same info about the location (this particular location was a smaller station with only 1 fuel bay with 2 pumps on either side for total of 4 pumps.

Is this common for the transactions to show up with different labels? and is that any indicator if pump vs in-store transactions might get 4x vs 1x on the business gold?
acinchus is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:53 pm
  #71  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 72
So does purchase of GCs on OD website count for $20 benefit? I saw it bring you to GCM so wasn't sure it would count.
scottybweyy is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:08 pm
  #72  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 404
Originally Posted by scottybweyy
So does purchase of GCs on OD website count for $20 benefit? I saw it bring you to GCM so wasn't sure it would count.
no
berombeu is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.