The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
....why Amex has different numbers for each, our Chase and BofA cards have the same numbers.
Issuing each physical card with a unique number makes it easier to track spending, and if a card is compromised only one needs to be reissued.
chrisny2, Happy and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Issuing each physical card with a unique number makes it easier to track spending, and if a card is compromised only one needs to be reissued.
Even though that makes sense it's still confusing, especially since all the cards are variations on the blue/purple theme. But we have it figured out now.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger
Data point/Success story from the last time this offer popped up:

Thankfully I got the offer again on one of my cards, so I’ll be running it back.
This is a reply to Post #410, but for some reason the entire original post was not included in my reply.
Did you purchase a Gift Card, and if so did it trigger the statement credit? I clicked on the link you quoted, then clicked on "Buy a Gift Card." At the bottom of that page was the "cashstar" logo, so it would seem that link will not trigger the credit.

Last edited by patric01; Jul 18, 2022 at 12:17 am
Old Jul 18, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I don't think there ever are au offers. It's "the card" and "the cardholder" that gets the offers.

If your goal is to double up on a good promo the only way (I think) is to have another different primary card account and hope you get the same offers on both. We have 2 different Hilton Amex cards and some offers are on both, some are not.
You can't double up on promos in the same account. Even if you see it on 2 or more cards once you save it to one of the cards that offer will disappear from the other cards under the same login. However if you have the same offer on an AU card under their own login then you can save it to the AU card as well, and double up that way.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:38 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Still don't have the Marriott offer on any of my cards, but

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
IHG - Spend $200 or more, get $40 back. Expires 8/31/22.
"Excludes The Venetian® Resort Las Vegas, The Palazzo® at the Venetian® Resort Las Vegas, IHG® Army Hotels, and Mr. & Mrs. Smith properties."
This just appeared for me, expires 9/15.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Interestingly, I got the $300/$60 Marriott offer on my not-Marriott personal cards, and today a separate but otherwise same $250/$50 Marriott offer showed up on my MR earning Biz cards (biz Plats and BBP).
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
Still don't have the Marriott offer on any of my cards, but

This just appeared for me, expires 9/15.
Just showed up for me today on ONLY my Biz cards (not personal)
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

Today, my husband got a 20% off up to $250 at Marriott on his AMEX Gold Biz card and his AMEX Plat biz card.

I got $50 off $250 at Marriott on my AMEX Gold Biz and my AMEX Plat biz.

I prefer the first offer as he does not have to exceed $250 to get the benefit. He has a $233 stay next week.

And my thanks to the person who posted the offers earlier today that sent me in search of them. My apologies, because search as I have, I have had no success in finding that post again.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Anyone else having issues w/ the Amex IAP credit? Booked and LH IAP flight 7/15 - No Email and no credit yet which is a bit unusual.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
Anyone else having issues w/ the Amex IAP credit? Booked and LH IAP flight 7/15 - No Email and no credit yet which is a bit unusual.
I wish I could share your [general] experience that no email and no credit was a bit unusual, but since roughly Feb, everything has been so inconsistent.

I’ll admit I usually have gotten the emails, but more recently not always, and not always promptly. Credits have always come, but on varying timelines - used to always be within a week of the spend. Right now, I’m still missing 2500MR from a spend $4500 within 90 days, get 2500MR. Hit the spend on ~April 22. Chat agreed I hit the spend at that time, and told me bonus has ‘posted’ but points haven’t been transferred to my account, and would be in 5 business days. That was a couple of weeks+ ago. So I chatted again with them a few days ago, and was told there was a ‘global’ problem with the offer and that it would post in an additional 20-25 business days (Which seems ludicrous to me). I asked if they could post them manually and was told this was not possible. Also suspect the ‘global’ problem isn’t so global - I don’t see any complaints about it in here, and suspect there would be if this was truly affecting most accounts that had this promo.

Regular credits are completely inconsistent - on and off most of the year. My monthly Walmart+ charge posted Jul. 13 and credit still isn’t there yet, meanwhile, my NY Times subscription charged Jul. 21 and credit is dated same day. Been like this all year - you never know if credit will post same day or a month later.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Yep. Customer service is a wreck, too. I called about a $10 off $100 grocery three times.
The first rep started going through my whole statement with me the last three months looking for grocery charges. I ended that call. The second said that mobil wallet charges don't count.

I stopped the Walmart+ thing because that credit posted inconsistently and I was tired of calling.

The cards aren't giving me benefits and convenience- they are giving stress and work. I'm canceling them as annual fees come due.
IndyHoosier and mildfrequence like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by highops
$300 off $1000 for using the Plat card international flight benefit. This is a nice offer if you are traveling out of the country and have some flexibility. Sadly, I probably can't us it this year.
If you purchased ANA ticket to qualify for offer, better check that you received credit.

I didn't and after 2 weeks contacted amex chat or call. After some back and forth they recognized that I should have received credit, which took further 2 weeks to be received by me and that there was a known issue with amex travel tickets on ANA not showing as 'amex travel' but as 'ana' on amex statements, which caused problem on their end with automated offer redemption process. They said issue only seems to affect ANA tickets.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SCtime
If you purchased ANA ticket to qualify for offer, better check that you received credit.

I didn't and after 2 weeks contacted amex chat or call. After some back and forth they recognized that I should have received credit, which took further 2 weeks to be received by me and that there was a known issue with amex travel tickets on ANA not showing as 'amex travel' but as 'ana' on amex statements, which caused problem on their end with automated offer redemption process. They said issue only seems to affect ANA tickets.
my ticket also shows as Lufthansa. That is probably the issue here as well. Ugh ... well ... we'll see how the resolution via chat goes.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Anyone feel that the AMEX offers are getting pretty poor? Is that because AMEX has been doing so well from REV/INC standpoint, or are vendors and retailers just tapped out with giving offers?
Old Jul 29, 2022, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Anyone feel that the AMEX offers are getting pretty poor? Is that because AMEX has been doing so well from REV/INC standpoint, or are vendors and retailers just tapped out with giving offers?
I just added virtually all offers to my Delta Blue card (that I don’t use) so they I don’t have to weed through them again and again. Can’t believe the number of wine resellers and wineries that had offers - at least 15. Maybe my one-time wine.com purchase put me on the boozers / wine connoisseurs list and they are now targeting me with this stuff. And so maybe other brands that I have zero interest in and that I can’t imagine will attract much interest from anyone.
lsquare, levilevi and IndyHoosier like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.