Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:35 am

I got a hyatt offer that expires this week if I book now for next week will that trigger it?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by Ijones027
I got a hyatt offer that expires this week if I book now for next week will that trigger it?
only if paid and posted by date of expiration.
You might want to call hotel and have them charge your Amex card now as a deposit.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:57 am

air canada $150 off $1k for us originating itineraries on AC metal
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
$60 off $300 Marriott Bonvoy
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer
$60 off $300 Marriott Bonvoy
Annoyingly not seeing on my Bonvoy Brilliant, but is showing on my Plat. Would have been perfect to use right before they sunset the $300 Marriott credit in lieu of the monthly restaurant credit, but then again, maybe that's why it isn't showing up on the Brilliant.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Annoyingly not seeing on my Bonvoy Brilliant, but is showing on my Plat. Would have been perfect to use right before they sunset the $300 Marriott credit in lieu of the monthly restaurant credit, but then again, maybe that's why it isn't showing up on the Brilliant.
I don’t have a Marriott card, but Hilton offers never appear on my Aspire card. Seems intentional.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I don’t have a Marriott card, but Hilton offers never appear on my Aspire card. Seems intentional.
It's unusual for the Marriott offer to not appear on the Brilliant, IME. I do agree with you on the Aspire, I never get Hilton offers on there. It's intentional either way.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
It's unusual for the Marriott offer to not appear on the Brilliant, IME. I do agree with you on the Aspire, I never get Hilton offers on there. It's intentional either way.
We used to get Hilton family offers all the time - Hampton/HGI/HWS, or Hilton/DT, or Waldorf/Conrad were some of the usual combos. We have both an Aspire and a Surpass and have seen nothing in a long, long time (I think I did have one Mexico-only Hilton offer recently, but of course we weren't going to Mexico).
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:42 am

Can you use a additional card for the amex offer on the primary card ?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:57 am

Can you use a additional card for the amex offer on the primary card ?
Amex issues separate card numbers for primary and authorized user cards -- you have to use the card that the offer is attached to

If you want to use AU card then that AU needs to have the offer
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Jatan
Amex issues separate card numbers for primary and authorized user cards -- you have to use the card that the offer is attached to

If you want to use AU card then that AU needs to have the offer
when I press on au it brings me back to the main card how do you see au offers
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:12 am

I don't think there ever are au offers. It's "the card" and "the cardholder" that gets the offers.

If your goal is to double up on a good promo the only way (I think) is to have another different primary card account and hope you get the same offers on both. We have 2 different Hilton Amex cards and some offers are on both, some are not.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:16 am

Create separate login for AU card on Amex website -- if that AU has other Amex cards then they can probably add it to their existing login
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I don't think there ever are au offers. It's "the card" and "the cardholder" that gets the offers.
I don’t think AU and primary card necessarily get the same offers. Take a look at my wife’s AU card:

She almost never uses her card, I very rarely add any offers to it (because I forget to log into her account). What’s available to her doesn’t match what my card has:

Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:45 pm

That's interesting, I honestly didn't think au's got offers. But my husband did, and he's the au on my Aspire. But it shows up under *his* account so I never even looked there (until just now). Sorry for the misinformation.

All I know is I got into trouble way back when trying to use the au card for an offer - had to be the exact match of account #. Not sure why Amex has different numbers for each, our Chase and BofA cards have the same numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.