Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Concierge UK - how do you use them?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2023, 7:44 am

> would like to discover those places only the locals know
I rang PTS the other day to see if they could recommend a few resturants in London as I don't know it at all, they gave me a list of the ones from the Plat restaurant list (fair enough) and said that they didn't have a map showing all of them, even internally, and how useful that would be; I'm not 100% convinced about the local knowledge bit.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Not sure if helpful, but I did receive this by post recently.

ubiquitous1984 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC
So I’ve been silently reading this thread and I fear now that the concierge will be useless.

I’m trying to get 2 seats for my wife and myself at a sushi restaurant in London. At Endo to be precise. I was once so close to book it but had no luck.

After having read so much in this thread it sounds like the concierge might not be as useful now. What do you think? Are there any success stories to be reported?
Old Dec 24, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
It doesn't hurt to ask them, right?
Old Dec 24, 2023, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
It doesn't hurt to ask them, right?
of course I’m going to do that! thought I posted that above?

Well report back
Old Dec 24, 2023, 10:01 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by crisdean
After having read so much in this thread it sounds like the concierge might not be as useful now. What do you think? Are there any success stories to be reported?
Phone concierge was able to get us a table in Beverly Hills on NYE last year, when we couldn't via public channels.

Asked chat concierge the same this year, no dice. On top of that, they didn't seem very professional (spelling mistakes, not very polite, delayed response).

I'd go with a call, and maybe try more than once (over days, since availability isn't static). Good luck.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 11:59 am

So I’ve been silently reading this thread and I fear now that the concierge will be useless.

I’m trying to get 2 seats for my wife and myself at a sushi restaurant in London. At Endo to be precise. I was once so close to book it but had no luck.

FWIW: Endo isn't listed on here: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-g...diningbenefit/ and last time I booked through [Plat] Concierge, they'd only deal with restaurants listed on their partner directory. Let us know how you get on
Old Dec 24, 2023, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by flyertalktalk
FWIW: Endo isn't listed on here: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-g...diningbenefit/ and last time I booked through [Plat] Concierge, they'd only deal with restaurants listed on their partner directory. Let us know how you get on
Only 4 restaurants in LA. Hardly useful if true.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
Only 4 restaurants in LA. Hardly useful if true.
Maybe it's a UK specific trait
Old Dec 25, 2023, 4:17 am

Endo is impossible, on the basis that slots are extremely in demand (thus is the nature of Omakase) and slots open up every two months.

I had to wake up at 9 AM on the 1st of December and as I was looking at the booking options available, slots started disappearing real-time (no doubt being booked up by concierge services).

Therefore less to do with the AMEX Concierge and more to do with the fact that slots at Endo are impossible to secure within short notice.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by flyertalktalk
I'm sure there's no benefit like this for US members, is there? £150 back each calendar year in the UK and another for non-UK restaurants on the list.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by northgreenwich
Endo is impossible, on the basis that slots are extremely in demand (thus is the nature of Omakase) and slots open up every two months.

I had to wake up at 9 AM on the 1st of December and as I was looking at the booking options available, slots started disappearing real-time (no doubt being booked up by concierge services).

Therefore less to do with the AMEX Concierge and more to do with the fact that slots at Endo are impossible to secure within short notice.
yeah that’s why. Last time my browser crashed and I lost a slot. So frustrating I’ll phone them tomorrow and report how I got on
Old Jan 2, 2024, 7:13 am

Update 02.01.24: so I asked for the concierge telephone number via chat today and was offered to be transferred by chat. Ok so did that. To cut a long story short.

Amex’ answer was:

“Unfortunately, we can only assist with bookings for restaurants on our preferred list, as this service is attached to the dining offer.

You can check the list in the following link

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-g...iningbenefit/“

So no luck for me. Thought to update everybody here.

In the meantime I’ve added myself to the waitlist at Endo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.