Community
Wiki Posts
Search

End of an Era! (Closed Centurion card account.)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2021, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
No, she is an AU on my Centurion account, which shows up black in Apple Pay.
I understand, but she has the platinum AU card from your Centurion card or Centurion AU card?
Old Jan 26, 2021, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jay66
I understand, but she has the platinum AU card from your Centurion card or Centurion AU card?
The story is a bit longer. I initially added my card to her iPhone but applied for a (Green) card in her name as an AU. When that arrived we removed my card from her iPhone and added hers. Even though it is a physical Green card it shows up black in her Apple Pay (and even says American Express Centurion Card), somewhat defeating the incognito intentions!
Old Jan 26, 2021, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
The story is a bit longer. I initially added my card to her iPhone but applied for a (Green) card in her name as an AU. When that arrived we removed my card from her iPhone and added hers. Even though it is a physical Green card it shows up black in her Apple Pay (and even says American Express Centurion Card), somewhat defeating the incognito intentions!
Ah ok. I was just curious because all my Centurion AUs that have a platinum card show up as platinum. But that makes sense then.

By the way, did your Apple Pay Image update to the 2020 refresh version of the German Centurion? Mine’s still showing the old one.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 8:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jay66
Ah ok. I was just curious because all my Centurion AUs that have a platinum card show up as platinum. But that makes sense then.

By the way, did your Apple Pay Image update to the 2020 refresh version of the German Centurion? Mine’s still showing the old one.
No, still shows the old one. I took some pictures of the old/new one in another thread (which I see we were discussing this as well!).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32635915-post13.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32635915-post16.html

Last edited by LondonElite; Jan 26, 2021 at 9:10 am
Old Jan 26, 2021, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
That is totally different because everyone can see the cars in the parking lot.

But if the Coco Cola executive goes to dinner with friends and clients and explicitly refuses any Pepsi products, what other people thinks about him? Loyalty or idiot?

Chase's Jamie Dimon is not ashamed to carry AmEx Centurion card. I do not think those things are huge deals and forbidden.

The same thing a Sunway executive would never take family to go to Quiznos, Wendy's and Burger King ?
Having formerly worked at Subway's HQ I can confirm that there was no actual requirement or obligation to eat Subway (it was provided free of charge, daily in the building's kitchen) but there was once an initiative asking employees not to order-in food from outside merchants. It never gained any traction. As to the origin of the discussion in this thread, I have heard rumor of Pepsi/Coke exclusivity agreements but I think its more an urban legend than anything else. These sort of things usually apply only to celebrity sponsors or, in the rare case of a company employee, someone in the C-Suite.

If a company wanted to impose such a harsh restriction on a floor level employee, especially something as wildly prohibitive as mandating what kind of car someone could buy (in the Honda example), they would need to compensate the employee for accepting such a restriction or provide an extraordinary discount.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
As to the origin of the discussion in this thread, I have heard rumor of Pepsi/Coke exclusivity agreements but I think its more an urban legend than anything else. These sort of things usually apply only to celebrity sponsors or, in the rare case of a company employee, someone in the C-Suite.
If it is an urban legend, it is one that I witnessed with my own eyes on multiple occasions when working (consulting) closely with a Division manager.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 3:05 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
A detailed memo sent by the [National Football League] to players who will participate in the draft virtually via cameras in their homes outlines what is acceptable attire as well as what products can be seen in the shot....

Along with the extensive clothing regulations, players must agree to not allow nonapproved products on screen.

That extends to the refreshment selection.

Only Gatorade and Pepsi products are allowed if there are drinks in the room, which extends to their water brands, Aquafina, Bubly and LIFEWTR. Snacks must be from Frito-Lay, which includes Cheetos, Doritos, Lay’s, Ruffles, Sun Chips or Tostitos.

Candy must be Mars products, which include M&M’s, Skittles, Snickers, Starburst or Twix.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...draft-2010877/
Old Jan 26, 2021, 4:03 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
Having formerly worked at Subway's HQ I can confirm that there was no actual requirement or obligation to eat Subway (it was provided free of charge, daily in the building's kitchen) but there was once an initiative asking employees not to order-in food from outside merchants. It never gained any traction. As to the origin of the discussion in this thread, I have heard rumor of Pepsi/Coke exclusivity agreements but I think its more an urban legend than anything else. These sort of things usually apply only to celebrity sponsors or, in the rare case of a company employee, someone in the C-Suite.

If a company wanted to impose such a harsh restriction on a floor level employee, especially something as wildly prohibitive as mandating what kind of car someone could buy (in the Honda example), they would need to compensate the employee for accepting such a restriction or provide an extraordinary discount.
Sending a package via FedEx to a UPS executive is frowned upon. As is renting a GM or other manufacturer's car when visiting a Ford executive.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by dayone
Sending a package via FedEx to a UPS executive is frowned upon. As is renting a GM or other manufacturer's car when visiting a Ford executive.
Not to mention certain US government employees and contractors renting foreign cars in DC. I used to rent a lot at IAD and DCA and as I personally hate most Asian cars, I requested US or German cars. The lot managers told me several times that they get a lot of requests for US made cars only for government visitors.

Going off topic is fun, but of course this has nothing to do with Centurion. Unless you count the fact that Centurion gives me Hertz Platinum and I get special attention at Hertz lots.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by willliamjia
That is strange. i did not receive this offer but I did receive $1500 appreciation credit which lower the annual fee to $3500 this year. Did you receive that $1500?
I have already call my RM to see what is going on.
Was the appreciation credit for a Business or Personal Centurion?

I'm still struggling with whether to renew next month which will be my first $5,000 fee. A $1500 credit would keep me for now. However, I have received the $2,000 travel credit but just don't know if I will use it by the end of 2021, depending on how the year progresses with the pandemic. If we are safe to travel internationally by late summer, I could use it, otherwise, not likely.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 8:13 pm

There was a side discussion here on this thread on AU cards in Black, Gold, Green. I believe was confusion caused by the fact that one person was writing about a USA Centurion that only offers Platinum and Gold as additional card holders where Germany and other countries offer AU cards as a Green Card.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Centurion
There was a side discussion here on this thread on AU cards in Black, Gold, Green. I believe was confusion caused by the fact that one person was writing about a USA Centurion that only offers Platinum and Gold as additional card holders where Germany and other countries offer AU cards as a Green Card.
Germany offers one additional Centurion card, and then Platinum, Gold, and Green.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by Visconti
When you have a mutual relationship for that long with the amount of dollars involved, the relationship must be based upon mutual respect, trust and reciprocity.
Huh? This isn't grandpa's relationship with the village banker; it's a consumer relationship with a massive, multinational corporation (or, perhaps more accurately, that massive, multinational corporation's algorithms).

Believe me, mutual respect, trust, and reciprocity are the last things Amex thinks about with regard to its customers.
Robbiedeluxe likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
Huh? This isn't grandpa's relationship with the village banker; it's a consumer relationship with a massive, multinational corporation (or, perhaps more accurately, that massive, multinational corporation's algorithms).

Believe me, mutual respect, trust, and reciprocity are the last things Amex thinks about with regard to its customers.
Yes and no. There is a reason that every time I call Amex, they say thank for you for being a member since XX. Amex wants its agents to have that in their mind when they are serving customers. Yes the corporation is driven buy numbers, but they realize those numbers will drop if they do not serve their clients well.
SPN Lifer, Statman and strickerj like this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Was the appreciation credit for a Business or Personal Centurion?

I'm still struggling with whether to renew next month which will be my first $5,000 fee. A $1500 credit would keep me for now. However, I have received the $2,000 travel credit but just don't know if I will use it by the end of 2021, depending on how the year progresses with the pandemic. If we are safe to travel internationally by late summer, I could use it, otherwise, not likely.
I don't know about the other person but I also received a similar $1500 appreciation credit on business Centurion out of the blue. Not aware of any $2K travel credit, although that may only be on the personal cards

edit to add: apparently DOC wrote about this back in May of last year and I completely missed the part about Business getting $1500 statement credit rather than the $2K travel credit https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ameri...ravel-credits/
SusanDK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.