Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
Please also include the daily rate paid.

Hotel:
Room Name/Type:
Check-in Day:
Check-in Time:

Upgrade:
Late Checkout:
Breakfast Credit:
Misc Credits:
Comment:
Rate Paid:
Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2020 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2023, 11:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold
Hotel: Cosmopolitan - 1 night stay in Nov. 2022 during the Thanksgiving week
Room: City Room, 2 Queen Beds
Check in: Arrived at 2PM. Agent at the Autograph Lounge offered Executive Suite that I had to wait for. I waited and the room was ready at 3PM. It was the Terrace Studio.
Upgrade: Terrace Studio Fountain View
Late Checkout: 4PM
Breakfast Credit: $75 used at Wicked Spoon
Credits: $100 used for two Spa day passes. Didn't ask to convert to F&B. Spa credits can't be used for merchants, only services.
Comment: $25 at the Vesper bar. As reported, the stay did not post automatically to my Marriott account. Had to file a missing stay request with Marriott to get it credited.
Rate Paid: $170
Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by yiky98
Hotel: Cosmopolitan - 1 night stay in Nov. 2022 during the Thanksgiving week
Room: City Room, 2 Queen Beds
Check in: Arrived at 2PM. Agent at the Autograph Lounge offered Executive Suite that I had to wait for. I waited and the room was ready at 3PM. It was the Terrace Studio.
Upgrade: Terrace Studio Fountain View
Late Checkout: 4PM
Breakfast Credit: $75 used at Wicked Spoon
Credits: $100 used for two Spa day passes. Didn't ask to convert to F&B. Spa credits can't be used for merchants, only services.
Comment: $25 at the Vesper bar. As reported, the stay did not post automatically to my Marriott account. Had to file a missing stay request with Marriott to get it credited.
Rate Paid: $170
curious how u got the terrace fountain view from city 2QN. did you book right below that upgrade? or just YMMV lucky? also confused about the $25 V bar. what was that?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Can the $100 credit at Palazzo be used to buy gift cards at Starbucks - if they even sell them? I'm not sure I will have to dine at one of their restaurants.

Also, does Intercontinental Ambassador convey any additional benefits on an FHR stay at the Palazzo? I guess the one that comes to mind is the $20 room credit.
Originally Posted by clubman
My experience is any additional benefits due to IC AMB status, are honoured.
ive tested vegas venetian/palazzo properties many times via multiple loyalty programs. everything is YMMV, but the strict rules are frustrating. everything is limited to the channel method you book.

meaning, if FHR, you only get FHR benefits as listed on their paper. if via IHG, its strictly IHG or IC AMB/RA benefits - also theres a paper. if you book direct as Paiza Gold, you dont get the other benefits. also, the only way to get IHG pts and credits is when you book via IHG. all other methods dont get you jack. again, YMMV.

i wish all the benefits stacked like MGM. it would be so crazy if you booked FHR, but still get AMB/RA and paiza gold benefits.

the best benefits come from FHR unless ur paiza gold then the host will do magic obviously. and the VIP lounge is only for IHG RA. cant even be used by FHR or paiza gold unless host coded. totally stupid.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
curious how u got the terrace fountain view from city 2QN. did you book right below that upgrade? or just YMMV lucky? also confused about the $25 V bar. what was that?
Upgrade is just YMMV. City 2Q was the cheapest room available and Terrace Studio Fountain View is like 3 levels up. I am Platinum with Marriott Bonvoy which they recognized but that's hardly anything these days. I also do not gamble at all so I think it was a pretty lucky day for me .

$25 at Vesper is a standard perk of FHR. I didn't have to ask for it. We had two drinks for $38, and later only charged $13 for the difference. BTW, they give you this nice clear ice sphere when you order whiskey on the rocks, but they cost you $3.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
ive tested vegas venetian/palazzo properties many times via multiple loyalty programs. everything is YMMV, but the strict rules are frustrating. everything is limited to the channel method you book.

meaning, if FHR, you only get FHR benefits as listed on their paper. if via IHG, its strictly IHG or IC AMB/RA benefits - also theres a paper. if you book direct as Paiza Gold, you dont get the other benefits. also, the only way to get IHG pts and credits is when you book via IHG. all other methods dont get you jack. again, YMMV.
If that's the case could it possibly be something new? admittedly haven't been to Vegas since before Covid but I've stayed at the palazzo (as well as others) a few times on FHR, and they've always made a point of mentioning my Ambassador benefits, although most of them overlap with FHR ones anyway.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by yiky98
Upgrade is just YMMV. City 2Q was the cheapest room available and Terrace Studio Fountain View is like 3 levels up. I am Platinum with Marriott Bonvoy which they recognized but that's hardly anything these days. I also do not gamble at all so I think it was a pretty lucky day for me .

$25 at Vesper is a standard perk of FHR. I didn't have to ask for it. We had two drinks for $38, and later only charged $13 for the difference. BTW, they give you this nice clear ice sphere when you order whiskey on the rocks, but they cost you $3.
its amazing you got such a nice upgrade from base room. marriott status really doesnt mean anything except for some published benefits. even ID plats dont get upgrades without host help. also, i had no idea there was $25 credit at vesper. not sure how i missed that. will see how things change for FHR once MGM migration is complete. prob no change short term, but long term, i assume it will be consistent with other MGM FHR.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by clubman
If that's the case could it possibly be something new? admittedly haven't been to Vegas since before Covid but I've stayed at the palazzo (as well as others) a few times on FHR, and they've always made a point of mentioning my Ambassador benefits, although most of them overlap with FHR ones anyway.
nothing new. just inconsistent when you have so many new employees since pandemic. but after the sale to apollo, its much more strict. i cant even split payment anymore unless its all amex CC. at least they dont require amex plat, but i cant use other cards. its still gonna be YMMV, but its a headache. FHR and IC AMB/RA do not stack, but it doesnt really matter anyway. FHR is better but its a huge W if you can stack both.

im curious if there are any DPs here of FHR/IC AMB-RA.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:50 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by tafticus
I was just looking at FHR options for a quick Vegas stopover and the NoMad looks to have left the program. Are others seeing the same? I'm happy to have booked one night there (total charge $202) for this April back on January 1st to use my Amex Plat FHR credit, but it's too bad if they are the next MGM hotel to exit FHR. I'm assuming they will honor existing FHR bookings, hopefully without too much hassle...
I see it removed as well. That's definitely a bit odd as I just made a reservation there earlier this month. I thought the way FHR historically worked was that a renewal contract is signed with each property for each upcoming calendar year, and that reservations for the following year aren't taken until the contract is signed. (Hence we frequently get questions in the fall asking why a FHR property is showing no availability for the following year.)
Old Jan 24, 2023, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by dw
I see it removed as well. That's definitely a bit odd as I just made a reservation there earlier this month. I thought the way FHR historically worked was that a renewal contract is signed with each property for each upcoming calendar year, and that reservations for the following year aren't taken until the contract is signed. (Hence we frequently get questions in the fall asking why a FHR property is showing no availability for the following year.)
since properties were removed last year, maybe terms have changed. clearly MGM is doing things.
https://milestomemories.com/mgm-prop...leave-amex-fhr
Old Jan 24, 2023, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
data point from December 30, 2022:

I tried to skip the line at the Wicked Spoon buffet at Cosmopolitan. I got to the cashier and she told me that my MGM Gold Status was irrelevant because they are not part of MGM. I said I am Marriott Titanium and all was well... I got to skip the line.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:34 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Pocatello
data point from December 30, 2022:

I tried to skip the line at the Wicked Spoon buffet at Cosmopolitan. I got to the cashier and she told me that my MGM Gold Status was irrelevant because they are not part of MGM. I said I am Marriott Titanium and all was well... I got to skip the line.
Did they do any kind of verification?
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Did they do any kind of verification?
Most people were showing their Marriott Bonvoy app on their phones.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 3:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
I have just noticed The Venetian Las Vegas has been removed from the FHR program but now appears in The Hotel Collection? When did this change happen?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 6:22 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by marconess
When did this change happen?
First mentioned in May 2022: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34220320-post716.html
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by marconess
I have just noticed The Venetian Las Vegas has been removed from the FHR program but now appears in The Hotel Collection? When did this change happen?
palazzo is just fine. pretty much same thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.