Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200 reimbursement reports: AS only (2020-23)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Reminder: you must enroll and select your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. http://www.americanexpress.com/airlinechoice -or- "Call the number on the back of your Card to select a qualifying airline."

As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed.

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200 reimbursement reports: AS only (2020-23)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:49 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by majortom421
....T&C's that said the $200 airline credit covers "in-flight entertainment excluding wifi".
Correct, because at the time the benefit was created WiFi was always billed by the service provider (GoGo) and not by the airline. Today, some WiFi is billed by the airline, and is sometimes reimbursed. What does your transaction show?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by mia
correct, because at the time the benefit was created wifi was always billed by the service provider (gogo) and not by the airline. Today, some wifi is billed by the airline, and is sometimes reimbursed. What does your transaction show?
WIFIONBOARD ALASKA

(312) 517-5000

Visit Business

When I clicked on Visit Business, it went to the gogo web site.

Last edited by majortom421; Feb 22, 2023 at 6:35 pm
Old Mar 9, 2023, 2:34 pm

Alaska lounge membership

Hello,

Apologies if this has been asked. Quick search did not reveal the answer to me.

Does anybody know if purchasing the Alaska lounge membership counts towards the $200 airline fee credit? Alaska has been selected as my preferred airline…

TIA!

K
Old Mar 9, 2023, 3:09 pm

Yes, it's allowed. If it doesn't credit automatically you can contact Amex and have them credit you.

Welcome to FlyerTalk!
econ and willoL like this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I'm going to be re-upping my lounge membership again using Amex credits split across 2 cards. Last year when I did it the best way to just to call Customer Care and have them do it versus doing it in a Lounge. Is that still the best way?
Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:29 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, Chase Sapphire, Alaska
A follow-up to my post #733 and closure on reimbursement. Purchased $208 of PE seats on 12/31. Twice asked for credit 1/23 and 2/5 and denied. Final chat on March 2. Explained it's been two months...response was:

AMEX: Credit will actually be applied within 6-8 weeks from the time the charge was posted on your account. However, since it has already been more than 8 weeks, please rest assured that I've manually processed the credit for you.

Credit was posted next day. In three years, that's the hardest I've had to work to get it back. Hope this isn't the way of the future.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Buddy16
A follow-up to my post #733 and closure on reimbursement. Purchased $208 of PE seats on 12/31. Twice asked for credit 1/23 and 2/5 and denied. Final chat on March 2. Explained it's been two months...response was:

AMEX: Credit will actually be applied within 6-8 weeks from the time the charge was posted on your account. However, since it has already been more than 8 weeks, please rest assured that I've manually processed the credit for you.

Credit was posted next day. In three years, that's the hardest I've had to work to get it back. Hope this isn't the way of the future.
Just wait the 8 weeks and then ask?
Old Mar 13, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
I'm going to be re-upping my lounge membership again using Amex credits split across 2 cards. Last year when I did it the best way to just to call Customer Care and have them do it versus doing it in a Lounge. Is that still the best way?
Yes, although I suppose it doesn't hurt to try at the lounge if your next visit times well with when you need to renew. Otherwise I'd just call. It's pretty easy.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 3:40 pm

I had two sub-$100 airfares credited back to me. Both were the balance charged to me after using wallet funds to buy a ticket.
ssk244 and flyerldc like this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 7:50 pm

Programs: AS, AA, BA, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by doublemazaa
I had two sub-$100 airfares credited back to me. Both were the balance charged to me after using wallet funds to buy a ticket.
Nice, I had one $99 ticket that hit the credit, and I canceled to the wallet. A week later I did the same thing with another $99 fare, and it didn't.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 8:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
I have not had any AS charge auto-credit in several years, regardless of size or nature. That's at least consistent, albeit frustrating. It's bizarre how the same systems manage to produce such varied results for others.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 8:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ziggy29
Nice, I had one $99 ticket that hit the credit, and I canceled to the wallet. A week later I did the same thing with another $99 fare, and it didn't.
What do you see when you click the "Show Additional Information" link for the two purchases in your Amex account? In particular, were the two purchases coded the same? Were they both for the exact same amount booked into the exact same fare class? Did you book the same way for both in terms of website vs. mobile app?
Old Mar 14, 2023, 7:58 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, Chase Sapphire, Alaska
Originally Posted by wahoyaho
Just wait the 8 weeks and then ask?
Well, I think that is rather obvious given the result this year. However, there are many, many data points in this thread that credit has been received in 7 days, 14 days, sometimes automatically credited, others manually requested and received in a two to eight week span, etc. .
This is the third year I've gone through the chat to request credit. I don't think the prior two extended beyond four weeks. I'll take your recommendation under advisement.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 8:46 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Buddy16
Well, I think that is rather obvious given the result this year. However, there are many, many data points in this thread that credit has been received in 7 days, 14 days, sometimes automatically credited, others manually requested and received in a two to eight week span, etc. .
I wait 14 days.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 9:57 am

Premium Cabin fees reimbursed

DP: I paid for premium cabin seat selection/upgrade for my dad for 4 flights that were originally purchased as a saver fare. Four different amounts were charged to my card on 3/4: $166.99, $126.99, $46.99, and $33.99. Each posted on 3/5 with “4 Alaska Airlines” in the transaction details. On 3/10 I saw credits automatically appear for the two cheaper upgrades. Today (3/20) I chatted with an agent and he manually applied the remaining credit. It was painless.
LIH Prem likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.