Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2020 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2020 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2020, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by mia
There are a number of private banks that also offer a deposit based path to Centurion. The cards are typically International Dollar/Euro versions, which have different benefits than the USA-issued cards.
But the benefits I get are exactly the same as any other Centurion member in the country.

They dont differentiate between a deposits based member or a regular invite member. The Sales rep even gave me the option that I can take back my deposit in 2 years time, and if I keep up good history with Amex, they will convert it into a prepaid card, with all the benefits included

Last edited by mia; Aug 27, 2020 at 8:06 am
Old Aug 27, 2020, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What interest rate does this deposit pay?
Old Aug 27, 2020, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
What interest rate does this deposit pay?
No interest. It's just a guarantee amount
Old Aug 27, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA Mileage Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mia
There are a number of private banks that also offer a deposit based path to Centurion. The cards are typically International Dollar/Euro versions, which have different benefits than the USA-issued cards.
Originally Posted by Fchishti
Yes right, certain law firms as well
Private banks and law firms in Switzerland offer this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Hey guys,

If my personal amex platinum cards' AU spend lots of money on it, I pay for ti, then the AU or me will get invited?

Thx
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA Mileage Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yanyanlr
Hey guys,

If my personal amex platinum cards' AU spend lots of money on it, I pay for ti, then the AU or me will get invited?

Thx
You would as the primary holder
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
i thought amex could invite the AU but I already put 300k on all amex cards this year but not invited, hopefully i will get invited.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
i thought amex could invite the AU....
Do you mean that you have spent $300,000 using a supplementary card on someone else's account, and you expect American Express to see this spend as yours rather than as the primary cardholder's?
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:27 am

i am the primary holder or amex personal platinum card and amex marrriott card and put major spending on both cards.

i have few AU on both cards, they also contribute maybe 50 percent of the spending,

so will the au get invited or me instead?

will the spending on amex marriott count?
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:31 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Singapore issues its own rules for a Centurion card.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:33 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
i thought amex could invite the AU but I already put 300k on all amex cards this year but not invited, hopefully i will get invited.
There are people who spend 300k on a monthly basis and don't get invites...
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:35 am

(⊙o⊙)… ??? you are implying that i should give up since i spend to less

and you have so many platinum status , impressed
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:39 am
t1c

(⊙o⊙)… ??? you are implying that i should give up since i spend to less

and you have so many platinum status , impressed
No don't give up. Cards are allocated thru a number of factors beyond spend. Where you live, how many card are in your area, what your spending items are...etc. You might have a better chance getting a Centurion card in North Dakota with lower spend than in Miami with higher spend.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:41 am

so many factors....

i am in LA, seems like i have so many competitors.

​​​​​​​
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:44 am
t1c

so many factors....

i am in LA, seems like i have so many competitors.
Yes lots of Amex Cent cards out there... but keep trying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.