Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion card (USA) refresh. Some benefits removed/added. $5k annual fee.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion card (USA) refresh. Some benefits removed/added. $5k annual fee.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
oops - definitely misunderstood.

I almost never rent cards, so haven’t noticed the benefit there. Out of DCA, upgrades rarely clear even for diamonds so that’s not much help unfortunately either.

The Equinox is definitely nice, but it’s also an extra 30 min commute for me so I rarely get to take advantage.

I meant rewards more in the way of “status” but I can see how if you can use Delta and Hertz (and maybe Hilton?) it makes sense. I guess more than anything it’s the noticeable decimation in customer service when I need to call that has me rethinking.
I live in AZ and the nearest Equinox is in Southern California. I consider a 6 hour drive to the gym to be a bit excessive. When we asked Amex to prorate our dues since we cannot possible get to an Equinox facility they essentially told us to pound sand. So, we dropped the card. Sad to see it go, but just no way to justify their fee.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 10:09 am

Airline fee credit - US Centurion?

Is there still a $100 (or other amount) airline fee credit on a Centurion card (US personal)? I recall years ago selecting from among the airlines at the beginning of each year, but I never used the benefit and haven't looked at it in a long time.

I'm looking to upgrade my seat on a UA flight and remembered this benefit, but cannot find it mentioned in my list of benefits. Does it no longer exist?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 6:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Is there still a $100 (or other amount) airline fee credit on a Centurion card (US personal)?
No, see post 6 . Sorry.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:22 pm

Thanks, mia. I had a feeling that was the case when I couldn't find it on the benefits page in my account. Finally had an opportunity to use it!
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:46 pm

You think those bozos at Amex selling the asperational luxury style would just include all of the lower card benefits as your card and fee increases as you go from green, gold, platinum, and centurion. But that is to simple and would be to logical and does not require focus groups and mid level executives wasting corporate dollars. I URGE ALL TO VISIT JP MORGAN CHASE.
grazing and bubu-SNA like this.
Old May 30, 2023, 9:34 am
Original Poster

I just booked an expensive cruise with Centurion travel. I was told the American Express benefits would apply ($500 credit, double points, and a special lunch) but after making payment was told the cruise line decided not to provide them because they were already discounting the fare. Huh? Cruise lines are always discounting, and I've bought a number through American Express – discounted – in which the benefits applied. In fact, I don't think anyone ever pays "listed price" to book a cruise.

They're going to "look into it."

I tried to call my membership executive. He's no longer with the company. The new one will give me a call back. Second new one within a year.

Not good signs. I think things continue to deteriorate.
Old May 30, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by nyc2cal
I tried to call my membership executive. He's no longer with the company. The new one will give me a call back. Second new one within a year.
Meanwhile, mine is terrible and despite requesting a change they insist he's my "only option." This has been going on for 3+ years, honestly not sure why I put up with it...
Old Sep 26, 2023, 1:31 pm

Has anyone heard back on how the recent delta changes will impact Centurion? Will we still get platinum status etc?
Old Sep 27, 2023, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by bulls011
Has anyone heard back on how the recent delta changes will impact Centurion? Will we still get platinum status etc?
Reality is you should get Diamond status now. We'll see. No changes on lounge access.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:05 pm

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Originally Posted by bulls011
would like to know the answer to this as well. I could either see the benefit being blown up over this change in strategy by Delta, or the opposite and it staying and becoming more useful and valuable.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP Delta Plat Marriott Gold Priority Club Ambassador Hilton Diamond
One thing that is given to Platinum card holders but not Centurion is the up to $20 credit per month for online streaming services. This would include satellite radio as well in that grouping. We killed the authorized user card in our household and changed it to Platinum. So, now we have one of each. It is pretty awful that an AU costs $5K per year as well. I also miss the days of having Platinum status on the old Continental Airlines and US Airways. I don't fly Delta. I live in Phoenix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.