Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex [USA] update to Delta cards including Centurion lounge access for Reserve.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex [USA] update to Delta cards including Centurion lounge access for Reserve.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I'll probably cancel my Platinum when it's up for renewal next year (figures they made the announcement of the change right after I paid the annual fee) seeing the gift card loophole has been closed and the only Am Ex lounge I use is at LAS seeing I get access now with my reserve card. This is a great benefit for Delta flyers using LAS since there is no Skyclub there.

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Centurion Lounges don't really need more traffic, but that change seems fair, since Amex Plat cardholders still get SkyClub access when flying Delta.
My thoughts as well. Platinum cardholders can access all the Skyclubs so it's only fair Reserve cardholders can access the Am Ex lounges and LAS is about the only one that is convenient flying Delta where there isn't a skyclub. Will also be nice in Seatle if you have guests

Last edited by mia; Nov 12, 2019 at 10:37 am
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I have a flight on DL sunday paid for my reserve card out of LAS. I'm curious to see if I'll have any issues getting in the club. I still have my Am Ex platinum if they give me a hassle.

I don't think anyone can argue that is a true enhancement to the reserve card.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:53 am

If you have the Delta Reserve card but are flying a non-Delta/partner flight (i.e. Spirit, United, etc), can you still pay to enter Delta Sky Club or Amex Centurion lounges for the $39/$49 entry fees? Or will they turn you away? If so, can you bring a guest?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:50 am

Programs: HH, Asiana club, Elevated, Skymiles, Fairmont President's Club
Originally Posted by bmo1661
If you have the Delta Reserve card but are flying a non-Delta/partner flight (i.e. Spirit, United, etc), can you still pay to enter Delta Sky Club or Amex Centurion lounges for the $39/$49 entry fees? Or will they turn you away? If so, can you bring a guest?

Delta Reserve access privilege to Delta SkyClub and/or Centurion lounge only works if you are flying with Delta Airlines.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I have a flight on DL sunday paid for my reserve card out of LAS. I'm curious to see if I'll have any issues getting in the club. I still have my Am Ex platinum if they give me a hassle.

I don't think anyone can argue that is a true enhancement to the reserve card.
as long as you are flying Delta you have access unless the lounge is overcrowded.

Last edited by mia; Mar 9, 2020 at 6:41 am
Old Mar 9, 2020, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did a redeye out of vegas last night. and decided to give the dragon my reserve card instead of my regular platinum card just to see how smooth it would go and no issues. Not sure how they can tell if the ticket was bought with an am ex or not. A friend of mine was flying spirit last night and came over to grab a drink before his flights and got to the lounge about 20 minutes after me and I went to get him in and just gave my regular am ex card to the attendant and he had no issues getting in.

Definitely not going to renew my am ex platinum now that they added this benefit to the reserve card.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: HH, Asiana club, Elevated, Skymiles, Fairmont President's Club
Did a redeye out of vegas last night. and decided to give the dragon my reserve card instead of my regular platinum card just to see how smooth it would go and no issues. Not sure how they can tell if the ticket was bought with an am ex or not. A friend of mine was flying spirit last night and came over to grab a drink before his flights and got to the lounge about 20 minutes after me and I went to get him in and just gave my regular am ex card to the attendant and he had no issues getting in.

Definitely not going to renew my am ex platinum now that they added this benefit to the reserve card.
it doesn’t matter what airline you are flying with or if you bought the ticket with AX or not, it is a Platinum and Centurion card benefit, however if you are a Delta Reserve cardmember then (in theory) you are required to purchase DL tickets with the card to get lounge access. If you exclusively fly DL then Delta Reserve will work for you, if you fly non DL then you would NOT be allowed in Centurion or SkyClub lounge.

“ Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card:
  • ENHANCED - COMPLIMENTARY DELTA SKY CLUB® ACCESS

With complimentary access into Delta Sky Club®, you can relax before your Delta flight, or find downtime between connections. You'll also receive two Delta Sky Club One-Time Guest Passes each year so you can share the experience with family and friends when you're traveling together.‡
  • NEW - COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO THE CENTURION LOUNGE

Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion®Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.‡”

Last edited by ZJ3000; Mar 16, 2020 at 12:51 pm Reason: Missing text
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZJ3000
it doesn’t matter what airline you are flying with or if you bought the ticket with AX or not, it is a Platinum and Centurion card benefit, however if you are a Delta Reserve cardmember then (in theory) you are required to purchase DL tickets with the card to get lounge access. If you exclusively fly DL then Delta Reserve will work for you, if you fly non DL then you would NOT be allowed in Centurion or SkyClub lounge.

“ Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card:
  • ENHANCED - COMPLIMENTARY DELTA SKY CLUB® ACCESS

With complimentary access into Delta Sky Club®, you can relax before your Delta flight, or find downtime between connections. You'll also receive two Delta Sky Club One-Time Guest Passes each year so you can share the experience with family and friends when you're traveling together.‡
  • NEW - COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO THE CENTURION LOUNGE

Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion®Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.‡”
Domestically I do only fly Delta so lounge benefit works out fine for me. I know I wouldn't have been able to get in my friend flying Spririt it happened to be a coincidence he was also flying home from a different event on Spririt
Old Oct 6, 2020, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
I think if you bought a Delta marketed flight, for travel on a partner airline, this should work .
Old Oct 6, 2020, 4:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
I think if you bought a Delta marketed flight, for travel on a partner airline, this should work .
Correct:

Complimentary Access to The Centurion Lounge®
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Basic and Additional Card Members receive complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge when flying on a same-day Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight. The eligible flight must be booked on a U.S. issued American Express charge or credit Card. A Card Member may bring up to two guests at a per-visit rate of $50 per person, per location. Guests must be traveling on a same-day Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight. Eligible lounges only include all Centurion Lounges located in the United States and Hong Kong. To access The Centurion Lounge, the Card Member must present The Centurion Lounge agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for eligible Delta Air Lines flight, and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present these items may result in access being denied. Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. A Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or legal guardian. For locations with a self-service bar, the Card Member must be of legal drinking age in the location's jurisdiction to enter without a parent or legal guardian. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from The Centurion Lounge for inappropriate behavior or failure to adhere to rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Hours may vary by location and are subject to change. Amenities vary among The Centurion Lounge locations and are subject to change. Services and amenities in The Centurion Lounge are complimentary, however, you are responsible for any purchases and/or servicing charges you authorize our Member Services Professionals to perform on your behalf. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside The Centurion Lounge. Use of The Centurion Lounge is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I like the 4.5% earning and the trip protection on my Chase card and I got a good offer for bonus miles using my Delta card. Also not sure if I will be keeping my platinum card after November with the annual fee increase (and Am Ex pulling this stunt with this offer is making it more tempting to cancel the card) and this flight I purchased was to LAS and if I don't have the platinum card anymore I'd have access to the Centurion lounge at LAS if I used my delta reserve card.

I guess worse case is I just cancel the flight for a credit and use the funds for another airport that doesn't have a CL lounge and rebook the LAS trip using my reserve card if I cancel my platinum card.
In order to use CL at LAS using your reserve card you must book the ticket with that card? I use the CL lounge using my Plat card no matter which card I used to book the actual flight or even if I booked the flight as an award.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 12:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass
In order to use CL at LAS using your reserve card you must book the ticket with that card?
No, but it must be booked with an American Express card. The Platinum Card does not have this requirement.

Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Basic and Additional Card Members receive complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge when flying on a same-day Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight. The eligible flight must be booked on a U.S. issued American Express charge or credit Card. A Card Member may bring up to two guests at a per-visit rate of $50 per person, per location. Guests must be traveling on a same-day Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight. Eligible lounges include all Centurion Lounges located in the United States, Hong Kong, and London. To access The Centurion Lounge, the Card Member must present The Centurion Lounge agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for eligible Delta Air Lines flight, and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present these items may result in access being denied. Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. A Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or legal guardian. For locations with a self-service bar, the Card Member must be of legal drinking age in the location's jurisdiction to enter without a parent or legal guardian. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from The Centurion Lounge for inappropriate behavior or failure to adhere to rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Hours may vary by location and are subject to change. Amenities vary among The Centurion Lounge locations and are subject to change. Services and amenities in The Centurion Lounge are complimentary, however, you are responsible for any purchases and/or servicing charges you authorize our Member Services Professionals to perform on your behalf. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside The Centurion Lounge. Use of The Centurion Lounge is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.

Last edited by mia; Oct 16, 2021 at 6:47 am
Old Oct 15, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by mia
No, but it must be booked with an American Express card. The Platinum Card does not have this requirement.
In which case OP can still get access to the CL using the Reserve card because they used a Plat card to book.

(The way the OP had worded it put me under the impression that CL access via Reserve requires booking via Reserve, otherwise you lose this benefit. So they in fact did not lose this benefit by booking with a Plat. Just me stating my observation )
Old Oct 15, 2021, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by friedablass
In order to use CL at LAS using your reserve card you must book the ticket with that card? I use the CL lounge using my Plat card no matter which card I used to book the actual flight or even if I booked the flight as an award.
If you have a platinum card you can pay with any card and be on any airline.

I was referring that if I cancel the platinum card before the flight, I won't have access to the CL lounge at Vegas since the flight is after my annual fee posts. If I would have booked it on my Delta Reserve card I would have access. Having the delta reserve card alone unfortunately doesn't give you automatic access to the CL, you have to be flying on Delta and the ticket has to have been paid for with the Delta reserve card.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 6:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Having the delta reserve card alone unfortunately doesn't give you automatic access to the CL, you have to be flying on Delta and the ticket has to have been paid for with the Delta reserve card.
It doesn't seem like it needs to be paid with the Reserve card:

​​​​​​https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...-0#offer-terms

Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Basic and Additional Card Members receive complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge when flying on a same-day Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight. The eligible flight must be booked on a U.S. issued American Express charge or credit Card.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
It doesn't seem like it needs to be paid with the Reserve card:

​​​​​​https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...-0#offer-terms

Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Basic and Additional Card Members receive complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge when flying on a same-day Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight. The eligible flight must be booked on a U.S. issued American Express charge or credit Card.
Thanks. Thought it had to be the reserve. If I cancel the Plat I should be ok then since it was still booked on an amex card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.