Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2019 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite (except UK)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 20, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion of UK Centurion has been segregated:

Centurion Card (United Kingdom)
Print Wikipost

2019 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite (except UK)?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by emcnj
I got the 2% plum offered last year and took it. That was offered up in lieu of the cent invitation from my rep. I phoned my rep last week and was basically shrugged off on my cent invite. 10M in aggregate spend across biz cards in 2018 and close to 300k on personal. no invite. Not playing games with them anymore, just going to start dramatically reducing spend with them. Will most likely recoup 5 figures a month just in processing fees from certain vendors. spend on Travel/Restaurant/Luxury exceeded 500k.
Blows my mind that people would willingly lose ~$120,000 per year while trying to get a charge-card invitation.
m3jasper, ginmqi and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by YClass
It was a while ago, but I had the same. And I had to send 3m bank statements. Invite, then new credit and criteria checks, then issue. I wouldn't worry. I had to FedEx some docs from US to UK IIRC. Seems silly but its probably just regulatory/KYC more than anything else. I wouldn't be concerned....
Sounds good. I realized and totally forgot that I have a fraud alert on all three credit bureaus, so no one can issue a new credit card/loan etc... unless they confirm with me first. That could have easily halted the automation process. I doubt they will ask me for anything else as I have already provided banking statements in the past & self employed. The credit check etc... I would have assumed they did before they invited me, as I know thats part of their algo. They don't issue an invite unless you already meet all the requirements. Otherwise, it would be a complete waist of everyones time $$
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Blows my mind that people would willingly lose ~$120,000 per year while trying to get a charge-card invitation.
You may call it losing, but those processing fees have easily paid for itself in the form of a 2% cash back and points accumulation throughout the year.

edit: its relative. 120k +/- year of goods or services via points or cash back thru amex vs just having the cash on hand by not putting spend on the card.

Last edited by emcnj; Jan 20, 2019 at 3:26 pm
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by emcnj
You may call it losing, but those processing fees have easily paid for itself in the form of a 2% cash back and points accumulation throughout the year.

edit: its relative. 120k +/- year of goods or services via points or cash back thru amex vs just having the cash on hand by not putting spend on the card.
You used the word “recoup,” which suggested you could have been saving that money had you used Visa or MC rather than Amex.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by Rickie Cruz
Sorry to now answer the basic questions (maybe I sprinkled them in there) Location in Parkland, FL. Used my Platinum actively 1.5 years. Been Amex member since 05. Spend 1.2M Average around Low 50k/High 130k mo. I never let it go over 40kish as I have a hard 50k limit. At the beginning of this year I noticed my card still had the 50k limit but let me go way over. I didn't pay it down at all and simply let my Autopay take care of it. Once my payment cleared a day later I got the invite call FICO score right now is not the best, at around 640ish but thats because one of my cards reported a 30k out of 36k limit. Although I pay it in full every month FICO dropped like 60 points. I really don't pay much attention to that at all simply because I know why. If I really want to I can stop using my other CC's show a zero balance and have a high FICO. The reality is that I love my reward points!

Let me know if you all have any other questions. Will be more than happy to clarify.
This is somewhat of the situation I'm in. My FICO is like 640 right now because I use a personal Gold Delta for my business travel instead of my personal Platinum as I sometimes don't get reimbursed for a month or two depending on my clients paying invoices. Most clients pay on net 30 after invoicing even though my proposals always say due upon receipt, but sometimes I have travelled three or four times, always on Delta or SkyTeam and partners, always in J or F, so my balance can get near my 40k limit on that card easily. LOL
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by danimuhl
This is somewhat of the situation I'm in. My FICO is like 640 right now because I use a personal Gold Delta for my business travel instead of my personal Platinum as I sometimes don't get reimbursed for a month or two depending on my clients paying invoices. Most clients pay on net 30 after invoicing even though my proposals always say due upon receipt, but sometimes I have travelled three or four times, always on Delta or SkyTeam and partners, always in J or F, so my balance can get near my 40k limit on that card easily. LOL
Your FICO score is WAY too low. Are your cards reporting wrong info to the credit agency?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:07 am
Suspended

Right, there’s no way maxing out one card would sink a person’s FICO to the 640s unless they had few or no other cards and a very, very short credit history.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Your FICO score is WAY too low. Are your cards reporting wrong info to the credit agency?
It might be possible if OP has no other credit cards or is also charging a lot to other credit cards. My credit score can regularly fluctuate ~100 points in just a month because my credit utilization varies heavily.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
No, but my balance varies widely, so I've seen near a 100 point swing in two months. Only other recent credit change was buying a new car.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:29 pm

Rickie,
What's your status?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
You used the word “recoup,” which suggested you could have been saving that money had you used Visa or MC rather than Amex.
Heh, indeed.

The power of the human psychology to get into an exclusive club. Amex probably is giddy with themselves as they see many people spending hundreds of thousands to millions trying to get into this club. It's truly a great product that they've created and marketed for their business.

Truly eye opening to read this and similar past year threads. I'll never likely have a card of this level but if I ever reach a stage of life where I can spend more money in a month than most people make in a year (or 5 or 10 years) then I'll already be supremely grateful and appreciative regardless of ability to get a very coveted card like the Centurion
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:36 am

Just called new accounts

Just called the 800 # to “notate” my account; pleasant woman indicated that it was already noted from April 2018 and there haven’t been any centurion reviews since then. I mentioned that I had significantly increased my business w Amex lo the last year and she said it was noted. She also said they have no timetable for their next round of Centurion card reviews. So...anyway. In the US we wait...
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jkbman
.... there haven’t been any centurion reviews since ....
Would you expect her to tell you that there had been a review, but your account did not warrant an invitation?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:03 pm

Still waiting to hear from Rickie Cruz....
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Can confirm the Spanish Centurion includes most of the same benefits as the UK card, but instead of Emirates and Virgin we get SkyTeam ElitePlus through Air Europa.

Other than that, I have discovered that you can use the same credentials to login to other markets and browse through their benefits, for example if you have a Swedish card you can go to americanexpress.se/centurion and login, then head over to for example americanexpress.de/centurion and all benefits will show up.

Please note this is just for browsing, if you try to apply for the benefits you will be redirected back to your own market.
EmeraldLady likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.