Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by gnomie
According to a Rakuten email, SFA is one of many stores offering 15% back today only - Black Friday
Yes, still 15% now and it was even at 16% last night.

Off Saks has 20% with topcashback.com. Shame that the paypal payment doesn't work anymore.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
Yes, still 15% now and it was even at 16% last night.
yes got 16% tonight. or cashing them in with Schwab that'd be 17.6% back. on a free $50.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Any idea on what's worth buying and with free shipping? I'm looking for some opinion.

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/prod...-12912592.html

Just out of curiosity as to why I can't seem to get free shipping on the Charbonnel et WalkerUnion Jack Milk Sea Salt Caramel Truffles. Initially, it showed free shipping in the cart, but I only had a $15 premium option when I was ready to check out. I'm shipping this to my Massachusetts address, so I'm confused about why I can't get this ship for free.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 5:32 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Any idea on what's worth buying and with free shipping? I'm looking for some opinion.

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/prod...-12912592.html

Just out of curiosity as to why I can't seem to get free shipping on the Charbonnel et WalkerUnion Jack Milk Sea Salt Caramel Truffles. Initially, it showed free shipping in the cart, but I only had a $15 premium option when I was ready to check out. I'm shipping this to my Massachusetts address, so I'm confused about why I can't get this ship for free.
According to the SFA website with regard to free shipping, there is this exception:

Not valid on items shipping from store or directly from a vendor. For vendor-shipped, perishable and personalized items, please click on the Shipping Timeline link on the product description page. This offer is non-transferable
lsquare and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
According to the SFA website with regard to free shipping, there is this exception:

Not valid on items shipping from store or directly from a vendor. For vendor-shipped, perishable and personalized items, please click on the Shipping Timeline link on the product description page. This offer is non-transferable
Damn it! I missed that part!

So what else is worth buying?
Old Nov 29, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
I did the 15% off last night with Saks (plus the $50 gift card) to use up my $250 amex credit. How soon does i t appear in the Rakuten portal? It was a little worrisome that I just went through their portal to shop and it said "that's all you need, go shop!" and I didn't have to do anything else? Nothing has appeared yet, 15 hours later.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by DMSFCA
I did the 15% off last night with Saks (plus the $50 gift card) to use up my $250 amex credit. How soon does i t appear in the Rakuten portal? It was a little worrisome that I just went through their portal to shop and it said "that's all you need, go shop!" and I didn't have to do anything else? Nothing has appeared yet, 15 hours later.
For whatever reason, SFA is very slow with the posting of Rakuten points - most stores post within 24 hours, I ordered from SFA at 8:20am on Black Friday and the points only posted about one hour ago
Old Nov 30, 2021, 5:37 am

Reclaiming missing Rakuten points

If one is ever missing Rakuten points, i.e. not posted with four days of purchase, it is quite easy to get the missing miles posted to your account immediately. Use the chat bot, selecting missing points and provide the order number and the total amount before taxes/shipping and the missing points will immediately post to your account - I have tried this at least five times and it has worked each time.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 1:06 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm pretty sure this works but can't hurt to check - ShopRunner doesn't explicitly let you specify a partial return, but if you create a return and send back 1 of several items in the order, Saks will credit you for that item, right?

I filed a return via Saks.com, tracking # says will be there in 9 days! Good lord.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
I'm pretty sure this works but can't hurt to check - ShopRunner doesn't explicitly let you specify a partial return, but if you create a return and send back 1 of several items in the order, Saks will credit you for that item, right?

I filed a return via Saks.com, tracking # says will be there in 9 days! Good lord.
What shipping service did you use for the return? For me it always generates a FedEx label and it takes just 2 business days for the package to be delivered back to them and the return and credit is processed within ~2-3 days
Old Dec 11, 2021, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by italdesign

well, if it’s another data point, not for a return, but I ordered an item on Nov. 28, using ‘2-day’ shipping through Shoprunner, and I’m still waiting. That was a Sunday night. It initially said it would arrive by Dec. 1. Now we’re at what, Dec. 11? It eventually shipped on Dec. 1 to me in Bay Area, I think from TN somewhere, with an estimated arrival date of today. Since changed to Monday (Dec. 13). Not even clear on the shipping company - seems to be mostly unbranded. Tracking shows it was in LA on Dec. 4 and finally arrived in the city we live in in East Bay on Dec. 9. Like I said, still not delivered. Did they decide to walk it over from TN.

anyone know if this is par for the course for Saks or Shoprunner? I mean, I get the day or two to process it, but is it really supposed to be that bad. 2-day to 13-day shopping seems really bad - luckily, it’s not something I need so fast, but would have been nice.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
My experience with Saks shipping is sub-optimal. I also ordered 2 day shipping and it’s been over two weeks. Supposedly a local shipment. Notified CS as the tracker says label was created day of order but still not picked up by the shipper. They are processing as lost shipment.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
well, if it’s another data point, not for a return, but I ordered an item on Nov. 28, using ‘2-day’ shipping through Shoprunner, and I’m still waiting. That was a Sunday night. It initially said it would arrive by Dec. 1. Now we’re at what, Dec. 11? It eventually shipped on Dec. 1 to me in Bay Area, I think from TN somewhere, with an estimated arrival date of today. Since changed to Monday (Dec. 13). Not even clear on the shipping company - seems to be mostly unbranded. Tracking shows it was in LA on Dec. 4 and finally arrived in the city we live in in East Bay on Dec. 9. Like I said, still not delivered. Did they decide to walk it over from TN.

anyone know if this is par for the course for Saks or Shoprunner? I mean, I get the day or two to process it, but is it really supposed to be that bad. 2-day to 13-day shopping seems really bad - luckily, it’s not something I need so fast, but would have been nice.
When it first became available as an Amex benefit, I tried out Shoprunner and my experience was less than optimal - each shipment was delayed for an excessive period of time and not one arrived within two days as promised, no matter what store I shopped at. I stopped using it and have rarely have shipping problems but it does happen, especially this time of year when the system is overwhelmed. Just an FYI, two years ago a package that I had ordered from SFA during the Black Friday special (spend $150, receive a $75 gift card) was delayed and not received until after the promotional period for the gift card had expired. I submitted a claim with CS and as a token of appreciation for the problems of delayed delivery, they replaced the $75 promotional gift card with a $200 gift card with no expiration date so in my experience they are quite receptive to customers when things go wrong.
volabam and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:40 am

$75.00 promotional gift card

Just a reminder for those that participated in the SFA Black Friday special (spend $150, receive a $75 gift card), the promotional gift card is only good for a one week period, starting Monday, December 13th - December 19th - use it or lose it!
volabam and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:48 pm

Just a reminder for those that participated in the SFA Black Friday special (spend $150, receive a $75 gift card), the promotional gift card is only good for a one week period, starting Monday, December 13th - December 19th - use it or lose it!
You can call them to extend it. I think it's for 6 months but I can't recall for sure. If I extend this one I'll report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.