Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
I will be visiting in another week, I will update: but DEN is quite decent compared to other SEA, JFK locations. LAX it been close for a long while without any status, so I will beat that dead horse !

LOL-
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
I was there yesterday. Busy, but no wait. Food was pretty good, I thought. A good chicken parm and on the small scratch kitchen across from the buffet were small plates of a really tasty veg risotto and 2 rigatoni options, one with a mushroom white sauce and the other was a basic tomato basil-ish sauce. They have added a couple of feedback stations with ipads. I didn't provide. Only issue was dishes piling up a little, but it's wasn't out of hand. There were staff clearing at a steady pace but there were a lot of people there and lots of quick in/outs that we noticed, so not too surprising with the volume of dishes.

Beer selection was still unchanged.
ccna101 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:31 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
I read a review on Google from 2 months ago saying DEN was one of the first centurion lounges to open their showers back up. Somehow I doubt that's true. Can anyone confirm if they're open?
Old Mar 5, 2022, 9:54 am

Smile

Originally Posted by mapelle621
I read a review on Google from 2 months ago saying DEN was one of the first centurion lounges to open their showers back up. Somehow I doubt that's true. Can anyone confirm if they're open?
Ha, when I want to check, I never doubt FT !!!! any other sites are way outdate

Yes, DIA CL shower r open - for a bit while .

EV-
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by arshi007
Glad that you were able to atleast get a decent place to sit. On my past two visits, it was too full and we just decided to enjoy the relatively tranquil space at our gate (and get some food ordered and delivered to the gate). I can't wait for the CapOne lounge to open here so that i'm not getting disappointed with the Centurion lounge here. Even when do get in, I think the food menu (and the preparation) here is the worst among all the Centurion lounges i've visited.
Originally Posted by arshi007
I hope its a temporary issue. I actually did visit the DEN lounge in the first week when it opened and it was fairly decent. Then it kept on progressively getting worse and I am hoping its a temporary issue due to COVID and related staffing things.
Providing an update on some of my own comments, i visited last week, went during lunch/rush hour and they did let me in but had to wait about 5 to 7 min inside to find a decent place to sit. After about 25 min, the dining area emptied out quite a bit so i'm assuming it was somewhat of a lunch hour rush. This time around the food was definitely much better. They have added a number of items (i guess the feedback provided earlier might have worked). They had chicken parm which was pretty decent, a couple of risotto and other pasta items and the desserts were certainly much better with more options (the lemon bars were pretty good). So I have to revise my opinion about the food (it has certainly improved). Having said that, on the same trip, I also got the opportunity to visit the C1 lounge in DFW and its certainly a step above Centurion (atleast for now)
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:54 pm

Inside CL @ 1PM or so: check-in + rest/work on the spot ... food is mixed from what you heard plus some meaty ( I would not tell my cardiologist about this ) pizza, fresh pasta.
The risotto is definitely looking overcooked and dry ... booze is decent as typical.

I do enjoy SC when I fly DL, but otherwise, this is a decent bullpen to keep for hanging out.

No pictures, but I can release if someone ask .

EV-
Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by ccna101
Inside CL @ 1PM or so: check-in + rest/work on the spot ... food is mixed from what you heard plus some meaty ( I would not tell my cardiologist about this ) pizza, fresh pasta.
The risotto is definitely looking overcooked and dry ... booze is decent as typical.

I do enjoy SC when I fly DL, but otherwise, this is a decent bullpen to keep for hanging out.

No pictures, but I can release if someone ask .

EV-
I'd like a picture of booze since I'm at work
(also interested in the pizza mentioned)
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I'd like a picture of booze since I'm at work
(also interested in the pizza mentioned)
I am sorry, I try to send it with my phone yesterday for you, but for some reason, thing is not going as my day.

Here it is.

I can not find the meaty, cheesy and fatty stuff anymore, so here is what left of other stuff. Trust me, it looks like a Chicago pizza shop slice ... may be next time.

Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:49 pm

Tension running high here.

I had ~50min to kill. Stopped by but saw a sign blocking the escalator which said the lounge was at capacity and their waitlist was closed. A lady saw that and turned away exasperated. We were going to turn away also, but I saw a guy wall right around the sign and up the elevator so I just followed him.

Turns out the sign was incorrect, because they were indeed putting people on waitlist. Took over 10min just to check in and was quoted 20min. Frustrating thing was that there were two employees at the desk with one of them just checking people in while the other checking people in while policing entry by people cutting lines and trying to sneak in as well as people cutting lines to do the secondary check-in after receiving text that it’s their turn. Unfortunately we got stuck with the latter employee, and consequently two groups behind me got to be checked in by the other employee before we did. The desk employee looked understandably stressed out trying to police entry, dealing with two different groups of guests, and dealing with complaints.

We got in after 15min. There was a line for check-in as before, and we only had ~20min at this point so we cut the line and walked in through the exit side (similar to what others were doing) and showed the desk person our text and told her our name. She waved us in, but we got cursed out by someone for cutting line.

The lounge was very busy but we were able to find seats at a shared table. I think we were lucky, though, because I saw others walking around looking for seats. The food here is very impressive, best I’ve seen in America, even better than Delta. They had a pork plate and chicken in white cream sauce, wild pilaf, sautéed veggies, numerous high quality desserts, very nice mesclun. I wish I had an hour here instead of 20min.

If I had 90 min to kill, I think I’d pay $50 to use this lounge, which is the guest fee that kicks in next Jan. The food here exceeded my expectations. But, Even though this is a relatively new lounge, it is already a situation where the demand seems to be exceeding capacity, resulting in stress and angst. My 50min of spare time turned into 20min of lounge time, whereas it would’ve been 45-50min at United Club. The tradeoff is the F&B offerings.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Wow.. that’s unfortunate to hear.. as to the guest fee. Will the member have any free guest privileges?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott
Members who spend $75k a year on their Platinum will get two free guests starting next year. Everyone else it's only the cardholder (including authorized users with their own cards, I believe).

It does not apply to corporate Platinum or Centurion cards (they still get guests), only personal and business versions.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Useless exercise schlepping to the C concourse this afternoon at around 3:45pm...

Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Wow.. that’s unfortunate to hear.. as to the guest fee. Will the member have any free guest privileges?
Extensive discussion here: Centurion Lounge crowding: Platinum cardholders may pay $50/guest effective 2.1.2023
Old Mar 21, 2022, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by DENDave
Members who spend $75k a year on their Platinum will get two free guests starting next year.
If anything, they should expand the number of guests and add back free unlimited minor children. Also, wouldn't it be nice if they added a feature in the app to allow non-Platinum cardholders to get paired up with Platinum cardholders that were at the airport and not at their guest limit, kind of like the thread here on FT? And while they're improving things, I sure wish they'd do something about overcrowding.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Useless exercise schlepping to the C concourse this afternoon at around 3:45pm...

Wow, I dodged a bullet for most of my arrival @ DIA ....

Most recent one was 5/29 and we have thunderstorm in the area, the A and C concourses were a total zoo with kids/adults everywhere on the ground: I sneaked into the CL for a few hours.
The chicken was dry, the meatball is salty, but the drink is good ... and I don't have to join my cattle class friends @ gate until boarding : priceless

And, I just notice this : ---The Lounge is located post-security in Concourse C just past Gate C46 on the mezzanine level. Accessible to all gates in Concourses A, B and C – passengers must take train to reach Concourse C.

Hours: 5 am - 9 pm

Learn more about who can access the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.