FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:35 pm
arshi007

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by arshi007
Glad that you were able to atleast get a decent place to sit. On my past two visits, it was too full and we just decided to enjoy the relatively tranquil space at our gate (and get some food ordered and delivered to the gate). I can't wait for the CapOne lounge to open here so that i'm not getting disappointed with the Centurion lounge here. Even when do get in, I think the food menu (and the preparation) here is the worst among all the Centurion lounges i've visited.
Originally Posted by arshi007
I hope its a temporary issue. I actually did visit the DEN lounge in the first week when it opened and it was fairly decent. Then it kept on progressively getting worse and I am hoping its a temporary issue due to COVID and related staffing things.
Providing an update on some of my own comments, i visited last week, went during lunch/rush hour and they did let me in but had to wait about 5 to 7 min inside to find a decent place to sit. After about 25 min, the dining area emptied out quite a bit so i'm assuming it was somewhat of a lunch hour rush. This time around the food was definitely much better. They have added a number of items (i guess the feedback provided earlier might have worked). They had chicken parm which was pretty decent, a couple of risotto and other pasta items and the desserts were certainly much better with more options (the lemon bars were pretty good). So I have to revise my opinion about the food (it has certainly improved). Having said that, on the same trip, I also got the opportunity to visit the C1 lounge in DFW and its certainly a step above Centurion (atleast for now)