Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:43 pm

Will 2 of these Cards get you Double the 2 Points?

I have one of these cards for one business I take care of.

If I get another card (assuming I am qualified for it) for other business I own, am I able to get 2 points on the first $50,000/year spent on it as well as the other card?

Or is it just $50,000/Year X 2 points no matter how many of these cards I have?

Thank you.
MM
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:16 pm

I logged into my SPG Business card online account and there was an offer at the top for 20k MR with $5k spending in 3 months on the Blue Business Plus. The link doesn't seem targeted, and I didn't see anything in the terms about it not being public.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

Expires 12/31.

Edit: Appears targeted. You have to log in to apply, and a friend got a "Sorry. this offer is no longer available" when he logged in.

Last edited by penner42; Nov 3, 2017 at 5:06 pm
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Does this card no longer award 2x MR for a Simon Mall (not stores at Simon Mall)purchase? Heard Simon Mall no longer counts as minimum spend...
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:14 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Additional terms and restrictions apply.
This language has appeared in the terms of all USA-issued American Express cards for some years, but enforcement has evolved.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by msp3
Does this card no longer award 2x MR for a Simon Mall (not stores at Simon Mall)purchase? Heard Simon Mall no longer counts as minimum spend...
Correct. Doesn’t count for MSR
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:17 pm

3rd link in wiki dead...redirects to offer no longer available when you hit apply now.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:51 pm
mia
Original Poster

[Apply] button still displays application for me (Chromebook).
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by mia
[Apply] button still displays application for me (Chromebook).
In private mode (IE) and incognito mode (Chrome), apply button redirects to log in with user ID. No option to fill out an application. After logging in, offer no longer available.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:05 pm
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Troopers
...No option to fill out an application. After logging in, offer no longer available.
Thank you for the clarification. The offer is targeted. If I login using my own UserID I see "no longer available", but if I login using Ms mia's UserId the application is displayed.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by penner42
I logged into my SPG Business card online account and there was an offer at the top for 20k MR with $5k spending in 3 months on the Blue Business Plus. The link doesn't seem targeted, and I didn't see anything in the terms about it not being public.

Expires 12/31.

Edit: Appears targeted. You have to log in to apply, and a friend got a "Sorry. this offer is no longer available" when he logged in.
Thanks for this link! I tried it after logging into my Amex Business Platinum account, and it didn't work. Undeterred, I logged into my Delta Amex Reserve for Business account, clicked your link again, and got the offer.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
The offer seems to be publicly available again. Expires 12/31/2017:
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Thank you for the clarification. The offer is targeted. If I login using my own UserID I see "no longer available", but if I login using Ms mia's UserId the application is displayed.
Do you both have existing business cards with amex?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:29 pm
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pokeygirl
Do you both have existing business cards with amex?
Yes, but I already have Blue Business Plus and wouldn't expect to be targeted with an offer for the same card.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:00 pm

i called the general application line 800-519-6736 at 2pm PDT, asked about the card was told there was no special offer available. I have called that number in the past and was told the same thing-- only the 0% balance transfer for 15 months is available via the phone.

There are two reports on DoC of phone in approvals on the 9th that occurred later in the day, so I called again after 4pm, this time i called the number on the application page 866-690-6736. The agent asked me my name/address and was able to locate a 20K/3K spend offer that I am eligible for. Yes, 3K, not the 5K on the current online app.

Did the app over the phone, but their system was down, so didn't get an instant response. Hopefully the app actually went through. I don't have any business cards with them at the moment, but do have a number of consumer cards.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Good luck, there was a person who applied for the other version over the phone and did not get the bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.