Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Pre-sale concert ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:53 am
Original Poster

AmEx Pre-sale concert ticket

What are people's experience with the online AmEx pre-sales for concert tickets via Ticketmaster?

The only times I've tried, I wasn't impressed with the seat choices.

Have any Centurion members tried to have AmEx purchase them on their behalf by contacting concierge or a relationship manager in advance?

I don't have an RM - does anyone have a good one who has done this?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:32 am

Not a Cent card holder, but a Platinum card holder.

Recently, I was able to secure 4 Hamilton Saturday night tickets next summer at $199 each. Not sure if this was a pre-sale or Amex allotted seats.

Is there a specific concert/event you are interested?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK
What are people's experience with the online AmEx pre-sales for concert tickets via Ticketmaster?

The only times I've tried, I wasn't impressed with the seat choices.

Have any Centurion members tried to have AmEx purchase them on their behalf by contacting concierge or a relationship manager in advance?

I don't have an RM - does anyone have a good one who has done this?
I've pretty much given up even checking tickets. Seats available on line, even though it's a "pre-sale" never seem to be that good.

For many of the events I get invited to as a Cent, they usually are sold out even if I call the minute I get the mail.

I'll call the Cent line but there's little they can do other than act as a broker which I can do thru StubHub myself.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Yes, Billy Joel. (in response to Troopers)

A few years back I tried to get AmEx pre-sale for Depeche Mode and the seats offered were not interesting enough to purchase. So I wondered if a Centurion relationship manager would be willing and able to do better, i.e. get tickets as soon as they go on sale.

But I wouldn't want to have them tell me they will, not do it myself, and then have it be a bust. I'd have to rearrange my schedule to be able to be online at the time the presale starts.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I've used Amex presale twice this year. I was surprised that I couldn't get better seats despite logging in the second the presale opened. But both times we were happy to get seats; we were worried about a sell-out.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:20 pm

Haven't been impressed. I find I get better tickets when there's a Chase pre-sale, or even just a regular American Express pre-sale, rather than the American Express premium pre-sale that requires a password.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:36 pm

Amex pre-sale is hit or miss depending on what you want. While you are guaranteed to find tickets, the best ones are often taken before Amex users get access. Concierge is a joke, I've literally gotten tickets before they have. The value of concierge was probably great before the days of the internet but now they basically do what we all do and hit refresh on our screens.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Troopers
Recently, I was able to secure 4 Hamilton Saturday night tickets next summer at $199 each. Not sure if this was a pre-sale or Amex allotted seats.
I also just got 2 tickets to Hamilton this upcoming July for 199/each. Rep told me these are allotted AMEX tickets.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Just tried for some tickets today, and there were two separate Amex categories: Amex Presale, and Amex Preferred seating.

The Presale said any Amex card could be used for purchase, but for the Preferred seats, it said:

Preferred Seating is available to American Express Gold Card, Platinum Card, Centurion Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card from American Express, American Express Corporate Gold Card, Corporate Platinum Card, Corporate Centurion Card from American Express, and the Executive Business Card, Business Gold Card, Business Platinum Card and Business Centurion Card from American Express OPEN, if issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., an American Express bank.
Is the current list of specific eligible cards new?

I'm pretty sure I bought an Amex Preferred seat a year or two ago using my SPG Amex.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:37 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by swag

I'm pretty sure I bought an Amex Preferred seat a year or two ago using my SPG Amex.
There is a passing comment in this new thread which suggests it was previously any card:

Brand New AMEX Partnership for exclusive concert tickets with VIP benefits
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swag
Just tried for some tickets today, and there were two separate Amex categories: Amex Presale, and Amex Preferred seating.

The Presale said any Amex card could be used for purchase, but for the Preferred seats, it said:

Is the current list of specific eligible cards new?

I've seen that language for years of trying to buy pre-sale tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.