Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 8:42 pm

Applied this morning and was approved and everything showed 100k.

When I did an online chat to confirm the bonus this afternoon (after the offer was pulled), I was told they wouldn't be able to see that until 72 hours after the application.

Should I be nervous that they can't tell me right away? Or was this just not a well changed agent? I don't want to keep bugging them...
Old May 10, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Just did an online chat, and the agent confirmed that I would get the 100K bonus. Again, I saved screenshots.
Old May 11, 2016, 6:55 am

Just to close the loop on my earlier post -- I chatted with another agent and they quickly confirmed the 100k/$3k numbers. Not sure why the first agent had trouble seeing it.
Old May 11, 2016, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by wco81
Most FTers must have had Amex platinum by now. At least those who frequent the credit card forums.
But not all FTer spouses have had an Amex platinum....
Old May 11, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: AA Gold
Applied (and approved) Monday and already received the card via UPS this morning. Just called to activate the card and confirmed the 100k bonus with a CSR.
Old May 11, 2016, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by knoebelsPT
Just to close the loop on my earlier post -- I chatted with another agent and they quickly confirmed the 100k/$3k numbers. Not sure why the first agent had trouble seeing it.
i had the same experiment last month when i got my business platinum, the 1st agent couldn't see the offer immediately and i think it takes for few hours to a couple of days for the offer to show up.
Old May 11, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by wco81
Most FTers must have had Amex platinum by now. At least those who frequent the credit card forums.
Why would you believe that?

Now I know such a promotion exists, I'll wait for a similar promotion before I consider getting this card.

Last edited by Sant; May 11, 2016 at 2:25 pm
Old May 11, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by travellingwineO
But not all FTer spouses have had an Amex platinum....
Or the same variety of Platinum. We jumped on this for my husband because his Ameriprise Plat fee is going to hit in the next month.
Old May 11, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Sant
Why would you believe that?

Now I know such a promotion exists, I'll wait for a similar promotion before I consider getting this card.
I was waiting for the 100K offer to come back around before I signed up. With the once a lifetime rule, it makes sense to hold off.
Old May 12, 2016, 2:42 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT
Originally Posted by impinth06
I'm having MB platinum open, applied this 100k offer and was instantly approved.

I completed the $3k spending immediately after received card number upon approval. I'll report back if I get the 100k or not
Follow up: applied Monday night, immediately finished spending. 100k bonus posted now, 50 hours after finished spending.

I have my MB platinum open.
Old May 12, 2016, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Well with the way Amex is under stress for losing Costco, maybe they'll relax the once per lifetime rule.
Old May 12, 2016, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by impinth06
Follow up: applied Monday night, immediately finished spending. 100k bonus posted now, 50 hours after finished spending.

I have my MB platinum open.
Thanks for the perfect data point I was hoping to hear.
Old May 12, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by knoebelsPT
Applied this morning and was approved and everything showed 100k.

When I did an online chat to confirm the bonus this afternoon (after the offer was pulled), I was told they wouldn't be able to see that until 72 hours after the application.

Should I be nervous that they can't tell me right away? Or was this just not a well changed agent? I don't want to keep bugging them...
Can someone resend link ? I had it yesterday but a phone call made me close out and go to other screen
Thank You
Old May 12, 2016, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Offer is dead as of Tuesday morning.
Old May 12, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by jsk1973
Offer is dead as of Tuesday morning.
Thanks ! snooze you lose !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.