Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i have seen more than 100, but i have started adding offers to cards to drop count
if same offer is on multiple cards, adding to one drops it off others
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
i have seen more than 100, but i have started adding offers to cards to drop count
if same offer is on multiple cards, adding to one drops it off others
I seen offer slightly over 100; may 103 or 104. Like you, to get rid of the "garbage," I started to add offers to cards as to easily scroll through new offers.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

when there is clickable link to things like all the double points, it also seems to increase over 100

ive come up with 'strategies' how to ignore most / almost all even while adding (junk) to cards
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Agree/ At first when I saw 2x before reading the small prints I was thinking about a total of 4. But the small print said 1 additional pt - so it really is only 3 pts in total. They should just get rid of the "X" language completely in the headline description, just use the more specific "how many" additional points instead.
I just looked the other day and it seemed to me like none were saying 2x any more in the headline description. Then I looked again today, and Staples.com is saying 2x but all the others in my Gold account are saying "one additional Membership Rewards point" rather than 2x. So they seem to be implementing the new wording, but for some reason it''s not working consistently.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question Amex offers on returnable items?

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I'm now at 1.6 weeks waiting on a spend $250+ earn 7500 bonus MR points offer at John Varvatos. I not only got the email, but as soon as the statement posted the offer disappeared from "Added to Card", which implied that I had used it up. I have not yet contacted Amex about it not posting.
I'm now at 2.1 weeks and still no 7500. And I just did a $250+ earn 5000 at Neiman-Marcus a few days ago and it posted and the offer disappeared from "added to card", and still no 5000.

But that got me thinking (especially after I saw multiple signs at Neiman-Marcus about how you can return up to 60 days): I wonder if Amex waits longer on offers from clothing merchants, because of the strong possibility of returns, than on offers from merchants where returns aren't likely (hotels, restaurants, etc)? Any recent experiences with clothing merchant offers posting quickly?

And what has Amex done in the past if you returned something that you'd already gotten an Amex offer for buying, and the merchant credit you back to the same card for the return?

(Until recently, I've mostly done Amex offers from merchants where returns are unlikely.)
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:56 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.....I wonder if Amex waits longer ....
Or if the merchant controls the timing.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
when there is clickable link to things like all the double points, it also seems to increase over 100

ive come up with 'strategies' how to ignore most / almost all even while adding (junk) to cards
Interesting. I must have just never noticed before. Now that I'm looking, in the app it says I have 134 offers saved but when I click in to look at the it then drops to 100 only. Am I safe to assume the other 34 are still applied and will process properly if I make the spend?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
So we know Offers aren't allowed on multiple cards, but I'm seeing the following:
Plat = eBags 2,000 MR after spending $100
Everyday = eBags $20 off $100

I would be able to use both (two pieces needed and I could split them into two orders), but if I had to have one I'd rather the MRs. What are the thoughts on the system, since it's allowing both, considering it to be two unique offers?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Gig103
So we know Offers aren't allowed on multiple cards...
Whoever "knows" that is mistaken. It's not mandatory for vendors to choose T&C with one offer limit per person. Some still choose the limit of one per account, while others may place a cap on the total rebates per person due to one offer. The new development is that the system can track and enforce the written limits for each offer (aka the fine print).
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

used to always allow MR card + non MR card , not anymore
if you want MR, add it first
if you want cash, add it first
some do still allow both, including some current ones

but i was able to add both MR and cash for one particular offer 'set' , on one card , surprised me
(unlike combining with double/triple point etc)
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm now at 2.1 weeks and still no 7500. And I just did a $250+ earn 5000 at Neiman-Marcus a few days ago and it posted and the offer disappeared from "added to card", and still no 5000.

But that got me thinking (especially after I saw multiple signs at Neiman-Marcus about how you can return up to 60 days): I wonder if Amex waits longer on offers from clothing merchants, because of the strong possibility of returns, than on offers from merchants where returns aren't likely (hotels, restaurants, etc)?
I can shoot down my own theory!

The Neiman Marcus 5000 points posted to my account the day after I wrote the above. But two days later, now at 2.5 weeks, the John Varvatos 7500 points still hasn't posted.

If it doesn't post soon, I guess I'll chat them up when I have some time.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Gig103
So we know Offers aren't allowed on multiple cards, but I'm seeing the following:
Plat = eBags 2,000 MR after spending $100
Everyday = eBags $20 off $100

I would be able to use both (two pieces needed and I could split them into two orders), but if I had to have one I'd rather the MRs. What are the thoughts on the system, since it's allowing both, considering it to be two unique offers?
I was able to load to two separate cards an MR offer and a $ credit offer that were basically the same. I used the MR one and eventually got the points. I've now used the $ offer (got the "great news" email) but only did it yesterday and the transaction hasn't even posted yet.

Update: $ credit posted
Gig103 likes this.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Oct 26, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Update: 5K MR points posted to my account today - it took approximately 2 weeks.
So, I did another set of payments on both Amex accounts (one is $50 stmt credit and the other is 5K MR points). Both $150 charges posted today and the 5K points posted today, too.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:51 am

New fuel-related offers:
Chevron: 10% up to $25, exp. 2018/12/31.
Exxon Mobil Speedpass+: $10/$20 x2, exp. 2018/12/26
This one may be found on same accounts as the existing Exxon 10% offer (saved before the multi-card restriction).
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

chevron / texaco

speedpass is via mobile app only

exxon also had bonus point offer on premium gas, not under amex offers, but under : rewards / offers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.