Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
cant imagine booking direct is ever problem with program?
(also for example, walk into hotel and booking at front desk)

would imagine some contract rates arent allowed by program
lower revenue would be similar to excl OTA (commission etc)

just found it interesting no mention of booking direct with hotel
Booking the same rate you could book through central reservations shouldn't be a problem, but be aware that some hotels can offer walk-up rates that don't qualify for earning points, even if they're not contract rates.

In fact, on checkout from a Clarion the other day, there was a line on my statement that said "this rate is eligible", but "if the hotel changed the rate, you might not qualify for earning points".

So because booking direct doesn't narrow you down to only valid rates the way the online booking might, that's the danger with booking direct (if you aren't paying close attention to what rate they're giving you).

Plus of course, if booking direct, you've got to separately provide your member number, whereas when booking online while logged in that's all automatic.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by pspaster
Shop Small Offer on a Hilton card, spend $20+ get 1,000 HH points

Earn 1,000 additional Hilton Honors™ Points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $20+ in one or more transactions at any business on the Shop Small Map (or Online Directory) by 10/31/17. Enrollment required. See terms below.
Saw this for additional cardmember on my account who happens to be traveling. Any potential gift card options?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
some hotels can offer walk-up rates that don't qualify
interesting when by rate type, as can negotiate with staff/management on qualifying. great "points" when most on FT are focused on program.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Got - spend $500 on James New York hotel in NoMad, get 10,000 MR points
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Chevron

OFFER DETAILS
Get 10% back as a statement credit every time you use your enrolled Card to make a purchase, paid for at the pump, at U.S. Chevron & Texaco locations by 11/17/17. Limit of $25 in total statement credits. See additional exclusions.

Found on several personal cards.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:07 am

Nontargeted
Amex GC
- buy $200+, get $10 credit

And Mr Porter is back, targeted
- spend $300, get 10,000 MR
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

how can you tell re targeted?

amex GC seems to repeat frequently
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ascend Collection and Cambria hotels (most book through Choice Hotels)

Spend $150, get $30.

Unfortunately, where I tend to travel, I don't see these two Choice brands much, just Quality, Comfort, Sleep, Econo, Rodeway, Clarion, etc, over and over and over again.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Starting to get a tad frustrated that all the hotel offers are for within the U.S. I could use one for an upcoming trip to Canada.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone see offers for the Biz 2x card?

Must it be on its own log in so to see more than 1 or 2 offers?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Does anyone see offers for the Biz 2x card?

Must it be on its own log in so to see more than 1 or 2 offers?
I don't have it on its own login. I just synced my twitter account with that card and follow @amexOffers. Whenever they tweet an offer, I retweet it and it gets added to my 2x card. Now, all of these offers are cash back - no MR points offers - don't think those can be added by twitter.

I'll consider creating a separate login if I'll start getting targeted for MR points offers.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:00 pm

Virgin Atlantic, spend $500, get 10k MR points. Flight must originate in US.

VA flights are way overpriced from IAD. Not sure if it's worth pursuing this offer.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hokiebuy
I don't have it on its own login. I just synced my twitter account with that card and follow @amexOffers. Whenever they tweet an offer, I retweet it and it gets added to my 2x card. Now, all of these offers are cash back - no MR points offers - don't think those can be added by twitter.

I'll consider creating a separate login if I'll start getting targeted for MR points offers.
I really dont want to go the twitter route. The other AMEX cards see most cash offers, except the recent grocery store and the gas station ones. But we get the cell phone and cable tv offers on 6 cards, more than we can use, as well as the recent ATT one on 4 cards.
May be I need to remove it and set it up in separate log in to see whether it would improve anything.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I really dont want to go the twitter route. The other AMEX cards see most cash offers, except the recent grocery store and the gas station ones. But we get the cell phone and cable tv offers on 6 cards, more than we can use, as well as the recent ATT one on 4 cards.
May be I need to remove it and set it up in separate log in to see whether it would improve anything.
I've had a separate login for the Business Plus for more than a month -- no change.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:49 pm

I’m so sick of restaurants or stupid food/wine subscription offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.