Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:56 pm

Also, if I also registered for 3500 amex MR pts for spending $250 at a Hilton, do I get $200 statement credit plus 3500 MR points if I spend $1000 at two Hiltons in Hawaii? (i.e. are the offers combinable)?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
You should get both, as long as one of the final, net bills is over $250.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
You should get both, as long as one of the final, net bills is over $250.
Can taxes / resort fees be counted toward the required $1000 spending?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:48 pm

By the way, does Amex special rate (20% off Hilton weekend booking) count as eligible spend for the statement credit?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Did you read the terms?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by mhdena
Did you read the terms?
Yes, but terms did not answer my questions.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Yes, but terms did not answer my questions.
The terms answer your post 826.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Can taxes / resort fees be counted toward the required $1000 spending?
Unlike the Marriott terms regarding the 2x 3000 points offer, the terms are not as explicit. The Marriott offer specifically excluded taxes, for instance. I'm inclined to believe that this offer will include all room charges (including tax).
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:05 am

Just want to say, if what I did today somehow contributes to Amex closing the multi-tab trick I'm truly sorry and I'll lose out big time too.

I called Amex about not receiving the $10 credit for an Olive Garden charge when there was a spend $40, get $10 credit Amex offer. At first no front line rep could see the offer on my account, so they escalated me to some higher up after I insisted that I was looking at the offer on my account as we spoke on the phone. His initial response was that the offer was on a different card under my log-in (it was loaded to all 4 of my cards, but only used on 1 of my cards) and that it shouldn't have been able to be loaded to any of my other cards. And then he asked me how I loaded it. Obviously I lied/played stupid and just said that I clicked through to each of my cards and loaded it one at a time. Not sure if he believed me.

It looks like I'll end up getting the $10 credit, but I would have gladly given up that $10 to have not (maybe/sorta) given them any indication that it could be loaded to more than 1 card online. We'll see.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MilesGator
J...I clicked through to each of my cards and loaded it one at a time.
I have been able to do exactly this on some offers. I did not open multiple tabs or make any special effort, just added the offer, navigated to another card, and it was still available.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by MilesGator
His initial response was that the offer was on a different card under my log-in (it was loaded to all 4 of my cards, but only used on 1 of my cards) and that it shouldn't have been able to be loaded to any of my other cards. And then he asked me how I loaded it. Obviously I lied/played stupid and just said that I clicked through to each of my cards and loaded it one at a time. Not sure if he believed me.
It was just an inexperienced agent. In general if your business call goes off on a tangent, you can politely but firmly insist on returning to the subject of your call. No explanation is required.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:39 am

I just received an e-mail today from Amex with the caption "In Brief." In that e-mail, I found an Amex offer of $25 off $100 for Verizon Wireless payments. Click the link, and it is added to your card. Can be used twice, and expires Feb. 21, so there is a short window of opportunity.

My monthly Verizon payment has already been made this month, so the Verizon website won't allow another payment before the offer expires (aaargh). But if you call Verizon at 1-800-922-0204, you can use the automated phone system to make a payment, creating a credit on your account.

Hoping this helps someone else. You are welcome.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
I just received an e-mail today from Amex with the caption "In Brief." In that e-mail, I found an Amex offer of $25 off $100 for Verizon Wireless payments. Click the link, and it is added to your card. Can be used twice, and expires Feb. 21, so there is a short window of opportunity.

My monthly Verizon payment has already been made this month, so the Verizon website won't allow another payment before the offer expires (aaargh). But if you call Verizon at 1-800-922-0204, you can use the automated phone system to make a payment, creating a credit on your account.

Hoping this helps someone else. You are welcome.
Interesting, I would try again in a few days. I have a credit balance over $200 all from this offer. I do remember the site at times, would not allow additional payment.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by balwx
Interesting, I would try again in a few days. I have a credit balance over $200 all from this offer. I do remember the site at times, would not allow additional payment.
I have $500 in credit balance...And seem like that's the limit. System won't let you make a payment (online or by phone) that will exceed $500 in credit balance.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
I have an AMEX offer appearing under a family members account but not mine. Can't see it in Sync list as well. :-(

However I am AU on that AMEX account. If I use my card, will that be good enough to use the offer or does it need to under the same cc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.