Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by 2B or back in coach
IME yes the taxes count. I just used the Hilton Spend $300 get $60. Total bill was $603.00. I put $300 on one card and $303 on another, both got the credit.
Me too. Also got $50 credit for another promo on the same card. For spending $250 at a hotel booked directly with them. I had a couple of these on my credit cards. So I saved $110 each card.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 5:08 pm

I also have the Norwegian cruise offer on my BCP.

Also :

Carnival Cruise

Details
Get a one-time $75 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $250+ in one or more transactions on a Carnival Cruise booking by 4/15/2016. See terms for exclusions.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:05 pm

just saw Qantas 2000+ 400 back
no clue why I always get this as I haven't and not planning to fly on Qantas in near future

Last edited by Kevin Liu; Mar 3, 2016 at 9:34 pm
Old Mar 4, 2016, 9:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Kevin Liu
...haven't and not planning to fly on Qantas in near future
The purpose of a promotion is not to reward you for something that you were already intending to do, but rather to generate new business for Qantas.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Received my NCL $100 back yesterday along with $5 back for ordering my snorkeling equipment from Swim Outlet. com. Very pleased.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The purpose of a promotion is not to reward you for something that you were already intending to do, but rather to generate new business for Qantas.
on the other hand, the intention can also be making you use amex card instead of other card when you spend on something you intended to anyways ....
Old Mar 5, 2016, 5:38 am
mia

The merchant-specific offers are advertisements purchased by those merchants. This offer is from Qantas, not from American Express. It stipulates that the ticket must be purchased on the Qantas website. This means Qantas won't have to pay a travel agency commission, and they can use that savings to help offset the cost of the offer.

Something about our account activity or other demographic criteria (known to American Express) tells them that you and I are the type of people who might travel to Australia. Like you, I have intention to go. (Although, ms mia has been suggesting this for years, but I don't think American Express would know this unless there are audio chips in our cards ).
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by mia
The merchant-specific offers are advertisements purchased by those merchants. This offer is from Qantas, not from American Express. It stipulates that the ticket must be purchased on the Qantas website. This means Qantas won't have to pay a travel agency commission, and they can use that savings to help offset the cost of the offer.

Something about our account activity or other demographic criteria (known to American Express) tells them that you and I are the type of people who might travel to Australia. Like you, I have intention to go. (Although, ms mia has been suggesting this for years, but I don't think American Express would know this unless there are audio chips in our cards ).
didn't know about that's from merchant, learned something today

well better get to soon for Ms Mia when offer is still out there :P
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Kevin Liu
didn't know about that's from merchant, learned something today

well better get to soon for Ms Mia when offer is still out there :P
It is obvious at least some promotions come from the merchant.

I noticed with the Life Extension ones that the $25 back were labeled with Life Extension.

I mentioned above how they tried to avoid this by reducing what would have been $125 charges to a few cents below that (blamed on a computer glitich, although I do not believe it).

We can expect more merchants to try to lower the cost of the promotions by restrictions such as no gift card purchases (often by regular customers who are willing to spend now to get something they plan to purchase in the future)
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

#AmexTravel100

Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $600 or more for a prepaid hotel booking at AmexTravel.com by 3/15/16. Excludes the Fine Hotels & Resorts. See terms for additional exclusions.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:49 am
mia

Originally Posted by solewalker
... prepaid hotel booking at AmexTravel.com...
Note that amextravel.com is outsourced to Orbitz, and that some hotel programs will not honor status or award points on stays booked through this type of agency.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Note that amextravel.com is outsourced to Orbitz, and that some hotel programs will not honor status or award points on stays booked through this type of agency.
Has anyone ever posted which hotel loyalty programs will or will not honor status and/or award points for amextravel.com bookings?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mia

The Hulu offer has been ruining my life - I've gone on a CSI marathon.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 8:00 am
mia

Originally Posted by eajusa
Has anyone ever posted which hotel loyalty programs will or will not honor status and/or award points for amextravel.com bookings?
I would research this by looking in each hotel forum for a thread discussing status and rewards on bookings made through online travel agencies such as Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz et.al. (This is NOT the same as FHR bookings made through Platinum Travel Service. PTS is not an "online travel agency", even though it does offer an online booking tool.)
Old Mar 22, 2016, 5:21 pm

I just found out about the Amex offer for 2x on Amazon purchases. I added it today but I already made a few large purchases earlier in the day. I should be ok, right? It's the posting that should drive this? Or would you guys cancel/return and reorder the items.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.