Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pbd456
For the bestbuy offer, buying shell giftcard won't trigger the amex offers?
For past versions of this offer I have not had problems buying physical gift cards in-store.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:42 am

For the bestbuy offer, buying shell giftcard won't trigger the amex offers?
GCs have never been a problem in the past -- the only GC that doesn't work is buying BB eGC online since it's sold by Cashstar (not BB): https://bestbuy.cashstar.com

Bought $300 Amazon GCs at a store yesterday
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Thanks. if I buy amazon gift card, can i use the amazon gift card for 1 MR 20% off offer?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:28 pm

Thanks. if I buy amazon gift card, can i use the amazon gift card for 1 MR 20% off offer?
I always do -- not targeted for 20% Amex yet but I got the 20% Discover

Bought some 3rd party GCs the other day and paid with GC balance:
Item(s) Subtotal:$100.00
Shipping & Handling:$0.00
Discover 20% offer:-$20.00
Total before tax:$80.00
Estimated tax to be collected:$0.00
Gift Card Amount:-$79.00
Rewards Points:-$1.00
Grand Total:$0.00
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Jatan
I always do -- not targeted for 20% Amex yet but I got the 20% Discover

Bought some 3rd party GCs the other day and paid with GC balance:
Item(s) Subtotal:$100.00
Shipping & Handling:$0.00
Discover 20% offer:-$20.00
Total before tax:$80.00
Estimated tax to be collected:$0.00
Gift Card Amount:-$79.00
Rewards Points:-$1.00
Grand Total:$0.00
very nice. i dont shop at amazon often so i only buy when i get amazon mr offers.

can one buy amazon gift card at staples?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:42 pm

very nice. i dont shop at amazon often so i only buy when i get amazon mr offers.

can one buy amazon gift card at staples?
BB/Staples/Lowes should have Amazon and eBay -- Bed Bath Beyond might have Amazon (I've bought eBay there)
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:01 pm

I received an e-mail today from Amex that I would be receiving an additional 4 percent cash back on purchases at U.S. gas stations, through 12/31/19, on top of the usual 2 percent, on my BCE card. No enrollment necessary (but the max is $5).

I have enrolled in many of the "sync" offers previously, but this variation is new to me.
Global Adventurer likes this.

Last edited by Steve in Olympia; Nov 10, 2019 at 3:01 pm
Old Nov 10, 2019, 8:02 pm

i registered for the bpme 1000 MR points for my plat card. i applied and approved for Hilton aspire on Monday and it has another bpme for 10 USD. is it safe to do the second one?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 8:33 pm

i registered for the bpme 1000 MR points for my plat card. i applied and approved for Hilton aspire on Monday and it has another bpme for 10 USD. is it safe to do the second one?
I've done both credit and points version on separate cards without a problem so far -- family member has both as well (used one so far and will use other when gas tank empty)

Best Buy offer also has both versions -- saved both versions to separate cards of mine and family member's cards

You'll get the credit but of course there's no guarantee that Amex can't claw back in the future if they wanted to -- doubt it'll happen but there's always a chance
Old Nov 10, 2019, 8:35 pm

I've done both credit and points version on separate cards without a problem so far -- family member has both as well (used one so far and will use other when gas tank empty)

Best Buy offer also has both versions -- saved both versions to separate cards of mine and family member's cards

You'll get the credit but of course there's no guarantee that Amex can't claw back in the future if they wanted to -- doubt it'll happen but there's always a chance
Thanks again. I was able to get amazon gift card at Staples.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Hey All,

Got this one today.

Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200+ in one or more transactions online at AMEXGIFTCARD.COM by 12/31/2019.

Safe Travels
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Here are a couple I found just now on my Platinum card:

Get 1,500 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $50+ in-restaurant at California Pizza Kitchen by 12/31/2019.

Get 3,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $150+ in one or more eligible transactions in-store at Saks OFF 5TH or online at saksoff5th.com by 1/13/2020.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had Best Buy $ offer on Everyday and Pt offer on Business Plus. However once I added the point offer to Business Plus, the $ offer on Everyday disappeared. This has never happened in the past. After some googling I found out others also had similar experiences, and only happen when the cards are of the same "family", i.e. both Everyday and Business Plus earn Membership Reward points. If the offers are on cards in different "families:, then you can have both.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I had Best Buy $ offer on Everyday and Pt offer on Business Plus. However once I added the point offer to Business Plus, the $ offer on Everyday disappeared. This has never happened in the past. After some googling I found out others also had similar experiences, and only happen when the cards are of the same "family", i.e. both Everyday and Business Plus earn Membership Reward points. If the offers are on cards in different "families:, then you can have both.
I have each card under a separate login. I usually check to see which cards have the offers first then decide what two cards to save to -- I'll open each card in a separate browser window (one reg and one incognito) then save both versions one after another

I saved BB pts version to Gold and credit to SimplyCash -- I did pts on Everyday and credit on Green for family member
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have each card under a separate login. I usually check to see which cards have the offers first then decide what two cards to save to -- I'll open each card in a separate browser window (one reg and one incognito) then save both versions one after another

I saved BB pts version to Gold and credit to SimplyCash -- I did pts on Everyday and credit on Green for family member
I understand completely what you mean and how your set up is. The crucial point is, you have 2 cards that earn DIFFERENT currencies - Gold earns points, SimplyCash earns cash. That makes the difference which I tried to explain. Your 2 cards do not belong to the same "family", i.e. they do not earn the same thing.

If the offers are shown on different type of earning, such as in your case, one is earning membership reward pts and the other is earning cash, then it does not matter whether cards under same log in or different log in.

But if the cards earn the same currency, i.e. whether both are membership reward points or both are in cash, then even though the cards have different offers (one earns statement credit one earns pts) and even on separate log in, as long as you added one offer to the same "family" card (in the sense of currency earned), the offer on the other card would disappear.

This is a relatively new development that is NOT like that in the past. In the past you can have a statement credit and a reward points offer at the same time, for the cards in the same "family". As late as 5 weeks ago I had statement credit on Everyday and points earning on Business Plus card - both under same log in, and both worked. Not any more.

When I saw the Best Buy statement credit offer disappeared from the Everyday, I was quite surprised as it was the first time I saw such happening. So I did a little bit research and found out this was recent development during our long trip aboard, some reports of such new behaviors popped up in various sites. At first people were puzzled because not everyone seeing the same happening, then after more DPs a conclusion is drawn - that if the cards belong to the same "family", regardless how the offer shows up, once it is added to a card, the rest disappear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.