Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Originally Posted by Happy
I just want to point out in last July Lowes 10% rebate offer, AMEX clawed back the statement credit when the primary card and the AU card both had used the same offer. The AU card used the offer first in July, the Primary card used it a month later in Aug. In Nov, the statement credit issued in August was called back.

Note the claw back happened 3 months after the initial statement credit.

Another claw back went even crazier.

The Staples 10% offer was added to my husband's primary Business Plus card, and my primary Business Plus card. I am also an AU on his Business Plus card. We each used our own Primary Cards for the offer. Statement credits were issued, his transaction was in July while mine in August.
Fast forward to November, my statement credit was reversed!
Now, these are 2 different FFNs, and 2 different Primary Cards, but one person is also an AU on another person. The 2nd statement credit on a different FFN, a rightful Primary Card, was reversed again 3 months after being issued.

I called AMEX on this. The first rep issued a dispute on the reversal. After 2 weeks still seeing the dispute not resolved I called back. This time a supervisor went over it in more details and cited with me that RAT made a mistake, "they may have confused because you are also an AU on your husband's account, so they decided to reverse the credit but you earned that on your OWN Primary card." Her words verbatim. She said she put in notes to escalate the dispute to the head of the queue for quick resolution.
After no words in 10 days I called again. The 3rd rep quickly took a look on the notes and immediately proceeded to request a credit adjustment which went right thru as CR ADJ FROM BILLING INQUIRY. The "dispute" just died by itself without ever a word communicate to me by any means.

So I would not be so sure to think that SSN is the only factor that determine the new algo of AMEX offer because our experiences indicate there are more than just SSNs being used to manage it.

You would need to be vigilant in the coming months to make sure AMEX does not do the claw back, and if it does, you fight back.
Amex is the worst when it comes to Customer Service , anything burnt is better let go for people who value time.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:45 am

I used the container store $30 off $150, with expiration of 12/31/2018. Bought the order on 12/26, got the $30 off. Then container store was backordered one item so separated the receipt to $120 before 12/31 and the rest after 12/31. So they reversed the $30 credit.

Kind of a shame but not AMEX's fault either
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Brian Chen
I used the container store $30 off $150, with expiration of 12/31/2018. Bought the order on 12/26, got the $30 off. Then container store was backordered one item so separated the receipt to $120 before 12/31 and the rest after 12/31. So they reversed the $30 credit.

Kind of a shame but not AMEX's fault either
If you have a receipt showing when the order was placed, they might still give it to you with a manual review? I mean it doesn't hurt to ask.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Gig103
If you have a receipt showing when the order was placed, they might still give it to you with a manual review? I mean it doesn't hurt to ask.
Yup I tried and they said they would check and then said no. Probably because I don't use my AMEX as my primary card
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
If you like wine, there's currently an offer for 9x additional MR points when buying Kendall Jackson wine from KJ.com (up to 3,000 MR points.)
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:10 am

RE: Farfetch offer. Does it work for GC's?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:31 pm

Weird... $50 off ATT Wireless credit just posted to my Delta Biz card resulting in -$50.00 balance (haven't been using the card at all) - used on my non-wireless ATT Uverse bill back on 9/26/2018 - took almost 3 months to post...

I stopped using the Delta Biz Gold card for ATT payments after it didn't look like the offer worked for Uverse...I think I could have gotten another $100 back. Oh well...
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:07 pm

Question about Terms & Conditions of AMEX offer for Loews Hotel

There is a new offer out for a $70 statement credit for $350 spend at Loews Hotels. The terms & conditions state that the reservation must be made through the Loews website or their toll free phone number. Does anyone have any experience with a reservation made through AMEX Fine Hotels & Resorts with the balance paid at the hotel- so presumably the card swipe would be directly paid to Loews. I have used these offers in the past (at Hilton's or Marriott's) and the "Congratulations! You've used your offer." email arrives almost immediately, but in those instances I think I've made the reservations through the hotel website.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:23 am

Question about MGM Resorts 6,000 MR (or $60 back for some) for $300 spend

Hello. I'm wondering if someone knows whether the $300 has to happen in one transaction or would multiple transactions totaling >$300 would trigger the offer. I'm making a booking where they pretty much split the initial charge and resort fees. The total is >$300 but the initial transaction nor the subsequent charge for the remainder at the hotel do not. Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I am unclear if that will work for MGM. I would try to do as much food/retail/entertainment charges to your room number while at any MGM property (not just the one you are staying at) to get one of the single charge totals to be over the promotion amount.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by rasheed
I am unclear if that will work for MGM. I would try to do as much food/retail/entertainment charges to your room number while at any MGM property (not just the one you are staying at) to get one of the single charge totals to be over the promotion amount.
Thanks. It's a short stay for work (conference) so I do not expect to incur a lot of ancillary charges to get me over the $300 threshold in a single transaction. The combination of charges definitely will, and I was hoping someone with experience (I believe it's been offered in the past) on this offer could shed some light.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:51 pm

ask to put an immediate $300 deposit/payment (not a hold) on your credit card at check-in.
confirm with a print-out of your folio showing a credit balance of -$300.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
ask to put an immediate $300 deposit/payment (not a hold) on your credit card at check-in.
confirm with a print-out of your folio showing a credit balance of -$300.
Thanks. Never done that before. Is this something they are used to doing - just flat out say "put a $300 deposit on my card" and they'll just do it? I'm guessing that if I put additional charges on the room (parking) they just take it from there and refund the difference.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by halamadrid
Never done that before. Is this something they are used to doing - just flat out say "put a $300 deposit on my card" and they'll just do it? ...
IME no business has ever turned down a payment with no strings attached. Once a Hilton hotel waived some of my room charges, that resulted in a lower than expected invoice. I just asked the front desk to charge me exactly the X amount (which was more than I owed), briefly mentioning a CC benefit. The hotel was happy to accept the payment exactly as requested.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
New Platinum hotel offers

Spend $300 or more, get $60 back Kimpton Hotels EXPIRES 5/1/2019

------------

Spend $500 or more, get $100 back Hilton brand hotels in Mexico EXPIRES 5/31/2019

T&C state entire​ portfolio eligible, not just Hilton brand, but must be booked with Hilton directly, no 3rd party bookings!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.