Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express slow posting rewards, bonuses and credits [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express slow posting rewards, bonuses and credits [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by johnnie198x
Are you talking about spending points or welcome bonus points?
Spending points.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
**If you feel Amex is slow posting bonuses or base points/miles, CALL! Don't wait, chances are waiting will just get you nothing at the end of the waiting period. You earned the points, go get them.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:30 am
Suspended

FYI, I filed a CFPB complaint early in the morning on the 29th. Complaint was forwarded to AMEX and received a call from their Executive Office this morning. My initial spend bonus that I was waiting for was credited to my account this morning.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:40 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
**If you feel Amex is slow posting bonuses or base points/miles, CALL! Don't wait, chances are waiting will just get you nothing at the end of the waiting period. You earned the points, go get them.
While this is good advice for partner rewards (Delta, Hilton, Starwood), the posting timeframe is very different for Membership Rewards.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mia
While this is good advice for partner rewards (Delta, Hilton, Starwood), the posting timeframe is very different for Membership Rewards.
Yes thank you I should have been more specific. My deal was between Amex and Delta, and it is now resolved.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:10 am

I opened a EDP and plat recently, about a month apart. Met min spend for EDP quickly; AMEX made me wait a few days after the close of the next statement, as widely reported. I just made min spend for the plat a couple of weeks ago. The statement closes today and I have not even paid it off yet, but received the bonus points today. No pending period, it went straight to being credited.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:59 pm

I'm waiting over a week for bonuses to hit. Anybody else having issues? Was back to normal for a couple of days in the beginning of January.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Today when checking my BCP account online the following message was posted across the top of the page: Due to system maintenance, it may take up to 30 days after your statement closing date to update your total rewards available. We appreciate your patience.
Old May 27, 2016, 7:44 am

I have been waiting for the pending points for months. I opened everyday October last year, and the points are still pending. I called the membership rewards department last month and they had no clue, called me back today said they will review the account for 6-8 weeks. I am speechless..
Old May 27, 2016, 1:29 pm

The 50% bonus tracker for my EDP card only counted transactions for half of the last billing period. Amex chat rep said they would contact me in 48 hours regarding the situation and it's been over 72...
Old May 27, 2016, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by qijinlee
I have been waiting for the pending points for months. I opened everyday October last year, and the points are still pending. I called the membership rewards department last month and they had no clue, called me back today said they will review the account for 6-8 weeks. I am speechless..
That's beyond pathetic on Amex's part. Why did you wait so long to call them about the problem?
Old May 28, 2016, 4:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by qijinlee
CFPB
Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:31 pm

Has anyone ever had issues with purchases that posted but not counting towards the tracker when first getting your card?

Right now I can clearly see 27 posted/pending transactions since I activated my card but only 20 are showing up in the 50% bonus tracker. Looking over it, it appears the transactions that aren't posting are related to gas stations.

I started an online chat with a CSR and they stated that was part of the terms of my "Welcome Offer" which I can find in my "Welcome Offer Kit" for which they said I could not retrieve online through the AmEx website. Doesn't make any sense to me. Has this happened to anyone else? Or is maybe the tracker just glitchy right now?

EDIT UPDATE: Looks like the tracker was just glitchy over the weekend and its counting the transactions correctly now. As expected, the CSR had no idea what he was talking about.

Last edited by Txstars; Jul 11, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
What happen if you are:
1) completely new to MR;
2) Open a MR charge card (Card A) in Month X with sign up bonus of 20k MR;
3) Open another MR charge card (Card B) days later with sign up bonus of 50k MR.
I know the sign on bonus for Card A will post after the second statement. But while the sign on bonus is still pending after the Card A's first ever statement has cut, if I meet the min spend requirement for Card B, will the sign up bonus of 50k be made available immediately (since strictly speaking it is not a new account) or will I have to wait until Card B's second statement? If it is latter obviously it makes sense for me to wait until Card A's second statement has been cut and the 20k MR points have posted before meeting the min spend for Card B, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.