Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express slow posting rewards, bonuses and credits [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express slow posting rewards, bonuses and credits [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: SQ, DL, Marriott, UR
Thank you for the reply! How long was your delay for the MR points?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: Lifetime Levels in AA & Marriott
There was a post in another AMEX thread about all sorts of AMEX->customer point/posting/rebate/credit/etc. delays during November and December. I think it's not just you right now FWIW.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
If it makes y'all feel any better, I have Delta Amex Gold cobranded card and am having the same issues with delayed earnings miles and bonus miles being posted to my Skymiles acct.
When did you complete spending and when did the statement close?
In the past year, both DW and I got bonus points 3-4 days after meeting spending, even the Delta and SPG card. This time, it's been 10 days and nothing yet. I can't complain, of course, because the T&C is 8 weeks.

Is anyone else experiencing delay in posting welcome bonus points?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by johnnie198x
In the past year, both DW and I got bonus points 3-4 days after meeting spending, even the Delta and SPG card. This time, it's been 10 days and nothing yet. I can't complain, of course, because the T&C is 8 weeks.

Yes. But it's clear AMEX is having major problems. Just recently they deposited mystery points in many people's accounts.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by Barrios
Thank you for the reply! How long was your delay for the MR points?
If you read some of the posts above you will see that AMEX policy is not to post MR bonus points until the statement after when you complete your spend (so, a delay of a little over a month). If it has been more than one statement period since you completed your spend, then you should call in and see what's happening.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Same delay is occurring with receiving the cash back on my BCP card. It is pending on the statement which closed December 21st. Usually the cash back appears two days later. It has been 6 as of today. Also, my Plat closed on the 19th and the MR points posted today, 8 days later. The MR points from my PRG which closed the 23rd have not yet posted. It will be interesting to see if they post 8 days after closing. Maybe this will be the new norm.

Last edited by eajusa; Dec 27, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Old Dec 27, 2015, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by johnnie198x

Delta Gold Biz card here. Spend met about Dec 5. First statement cut Dec 14. I have since mailed in payment for the balance in full. Still no earned NOR welcome bonus miles. Those miles DID show up on my statement though....it's like 'here we are, but you don't get us yet!'

I remember getting the Pers Delta Gold card a few years back. Welcome bonus miles posted before the first statement was cut, just a couple days after spend was met.

This time around is a major disappointment.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 9:51 pm
Suspended

I've had a Gold Delta SkyMiles card for a few months now. For the first couple months, my Delta miles resulting from spending posted as soon as each statement cut. Amex clearly has been having technical issues relating to MR points and miles across a lot of different cards recently. I assume things will get back to normal sooner rather than later.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
I contacted AMEX about MR points not posting before finding this thread.

I'm well aware that:

"Pending Points become Available Points when you:

1. Pay your bill on-time.
2. Wait until the next closing date."

And they did just that within a day for years! And so reliably that the current (can I call it an "outage"?) non-posting situation caused me some concern. I was told "7-10 days". I'm at 7 days now, so we'll see. If this an internal AMEX problem, I hope they will own up and issue some sort of statement. This just decreases confidence in the program.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FrenchLaundry
I contacted AMEX about MR points not posting before finding this thread.

I'm well aware that:

"Pending Points become Available Points when you:

1. Pay your bill on-time.
2. Wait until the next closing date."

And they did just that within a day for years! And so reliably that the current (can I call it an "outage"?) non-posting situation caused me some concern. I was told "7-10 days". I'm at 7 days now, so we'll see. If this an internal AMEX problem, I hope they will own up and issue some sort of statement. This just decreases confidence in the program.
Same here. I'm going to file a CFPB complaint soon so that someone with enough authority at AMEX can resolve the situation. Tired of dealing with front of the line grunts who don't have a damn clue.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Same here. I'm going to file a CFPB complaint soon so that someone with enough authority at AMEX can resolve the situation. Tired of dealing with front of the line grunts who don't have a damn clue.
I thought you emptied out your MR account after it ballooned with erroneously deposited points during the recent MR glitch/outage? Now you're missing points?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsk1973
I thought you emptied out your MR account after it ballooned with erroneously deposited points during the recent MR glitch/outage? Now you're missing points?
Waiting on an initial spend bonus from another card that hasn't hit yet. Based on other posts in this thread, this seems to be a widespread issue.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:01 am
Suspended

OK. I have the same about to come due on two cards.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
If points are not posting CALL. And talk with a 2nd line person. Don't wait thinking someone cares about fixing a screw up to your acct. They are your points go get them.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by eajusa
Also, my Plat closed on the 19th and the MR points posted today, 8 days later. The MR points from my PRG which closed the 23rd have not yet posted.
Are you talking about spending points or welcome bonus points?

Delta Gold Biz card here. Spend met about Dec 5. First statement cut Dec 14.
I have two data points with Delta Gold Biz this month, welcome bonus both posted around 7 days after statement (not after spending)

If points are not posting CALL. And talk with a 2nd line person. Don't wait thinking someone cares about fixing a screw up to your acct. They are your points go get them.
Do you have first hand experience that calling in works? Because T&C clearly allows 8 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.