Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Only 3 Amex card applications allowed in 90 days? [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Only 3 Amex card applications allowed in 90 days? [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
This article from May suggests it's 2/90. I don't know this blogger to verify their information:
https://www.asksebby.com/blog/rules-...d-applications

I would not be hopeful they do the AF waiver either; you may want to wait until it comes back if you aren't in a rush for needing the SUB points. My experience in 2017 was that the phone team could not even match existing online offers or referrals, so an expired one seems unlikely.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
This article from May suggests it's 2/90. I don't know this blogger to verify their information:
https://www.asksebby.com/blog/rules-...d-applications

I would not be hopeful they do the AF waiver either; you may want to wait until it comes back if you aren't in a rush for needing the SUB points. My experience in 2017 was that the phone team could not even match existing online offers or referrals, so an expired one seems unlikely.
You're right, the rule is 2/90 and not 2/60.
Thanks
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:42 pm

Update: I called recon and they resubmitted my application. Strangely, they didn't ask me any questions on the phone nor were they able to approve me right away.
App status online now says pending review.

Wish me luck
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:20 pm

I was approved for the card. Waiting for cardmember agreement and card is in the mail.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 7:07 pm

I was approved for Business Gold 2 months back, now I get an email offer for Business Platinum with 150k bonus - should I apply - what are my chances? At worst I will get the pop up, right? Is there a chance I get approved and NOT get the bonus after meeting the spend? (BTW I have a legit business).
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by bobby21
I was approved for Business Gold 2 months back, now I get an email offer for Business Platinum with 150k bonus - should I apply - what are my chances? At worst I will get the pop up, right? Is there a chance I get approved and NOT get the bonus after meeting the spend? (BTW I have a legit business).
Those are credit cards - they are charge cards - the 4 or 5 limit doesn't apply there
Old Aug 14, 2021, 5:14 am

Thanks, just checking if anyone got the business gold and business platinum bonuses within a 2 month time frame. Any data points would be most helpful.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:58 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Thanks, just checking if anyone got the business gold and business platinum bonuses within a 2 month time frame. Any data points would be most helpful.
Both the business gold and the business platinum are charge cards.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 5:59 am

Yes understood they are charge cards, but any data points on Amex giving out sign up bonuses for both cards within a short time frame? The platinum business requires a $15k spend - I dont want to spend and not get the bonus.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 6:07 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Yes understood they are charge cards, but any data points on Amex giving out sign up bonuses for both cards within a short time frame? The platinum business requires a $15k spend - I dont want to spend and not get the bonus.
You should qualify for both bonuses. You can confirm with the chat rep and be mindful of any pop-ups when you apply. Also, I don’t recommend spending more than you otherwise would to get a SUB.

Also, this is a thread about the Amex credit card per player limits. None of the cards mentioned count towards this limit (though there is a 10 charge card limit)
Old Sep 1, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
FWIW two weeks later, I got gold biz (bonus a month later) then got plat biz (two months after gold app) then that bonus a month later. So yes a DP of getting both bonuses in about 3 months time. Had had both cards before but no lifetime language on these offers.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Post 65, and the replies (66 - 71) were moved into this thread from another, unrelated, discussion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.