Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:03 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by maxp0wers
I have the EDP, ED, and Chase FU.

Fee just hit on EDP. Considering dropping it, and using ED and FU instead. The 4.5x on groceries is awesome, but i can't max out the category even with target and amazon gift cards that i use. 3x on gas is great...but i have an electric car and motorcycle...not exactly high gas spending here. Also...30 transactions a month stresses me out!

Seems logical to drop the EDP then, no?
I'd say so. You'll still get a bonus with the ED - only 20% vs. the Preferred's 50%, but after only 20 transactions vs. 30. That lower threshold makes more sense if you're splitting your spending between cards.

I generally prefer not to split earnings between reward programs though. I have a cash back Visa card through my credit union for places that don't take AmEx, but otherwise I only use my MR cards.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
Originally Posted by strickerj
I generally prefer not to split earnings between reward programs though. I have a cash back Visa card through my credit union for places that don't take AmEx, but otherwise I only use my MR cards.
I guess i am in the order camp. I like some diversity. I use the EDP to maximize non-bonus spend and MR to pair when i choose to use the plat for one reason or another (the 30x / month has never seemed to be an issue). And then UR for dining / travel / ink.

That said, that may be spreading the points too thin between the two programs.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by jalm1
I guess i am in the order camp. I like some diversity. I use the EDP to maximize non-bonus spend and MR to pair when i choose to use the plat for one reason or another (the 30x / month has never seemed to be an issue). And then UR for dining / travel / ink.

That said, that may be spreading the points too thin between the two programs.
I definitely see the merits of both approaches, especially when points and miles get devalued so often. I just don't want to never have enough points with either program to actually spend them.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I got the 30K and 15K offers by going Incognito on Chrome tonight. I've never had either card but have been hesitant to apply because I don't use many of the transfer partners. I have a lot of DL miles but find very few 'saver' (lowest level) awards. But I do use BA for short trips on AA and AS.

Can I PC to the no fee card after 10 or 11 months if get the Preferred card now?

Last edited by philemer; Nov 20, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
... PC to the no fee card after 10 or 11 months if get the Preferred card now?
More likely after 12 months, which is typically after the annual fee is billed, but before it is due.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by strickerj
I definitely see the merits of both approaches, especially when points and miles get devalued so often. I just don't want to never have enough points with either program to actually spend them.
Both of you make good points...why i was soliciting opinions. Called retention first before cancelling and got a good offer, so i'll stay with the EDP for another year. I really like the EDP card other than the 30x transactions requirements, but there's ways to simplify that. Worth the effort I suppose.

I will use the Chase FU for large, one off purchases so that I can apply for the price protection coverage. Everything else i'll keep on the EDP.

Having the Chase CSR and Freedom really made me consider rolling everything into the UR program, but i think i do better overall this way for minimal additional effort.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
When does the $6k grocery counter resets? Is it on January 1st or when December statement closes?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:45 pm

I received an e-mail today, presumably targeted, offering a $25 statement credit if I add an Authorized User to my Blue Cash Everyday account and the AU spends $250 in 90 days.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by yugi
When does the $6k grocery counter resets? Is it on January 1st or when December statement closes?
ED/EDP are calendar year, so 1/1/17.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:12 am

do you get charged a penalty of -14 MR points if you didnt make any purchases on your Amex EDP card for one statement cycle?

this is the first time it happened to me and i am wondering whether i should raise an issue. it is only negative 14 points yes, but i have no idea what it is abt.

i was out of the country for almost 1 month, and was using my other CC, and today i came back and noticed i had a -14 MR points associated with Dec 2016 statement (which just closed 3 days ago)

i also definitely didnt have any returns recently that could be tied to this -14 issue.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:28 am
mia

Originally Posted by gnomey
do you get charged a penalty of -14 MR points if you didnt make any purchases on your Amex EDP card for one statement cycle?
No. Had you previously earned any bonus points for this offer?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...31-2016-a.html

... there have been reports of near random credits and debits in connection with this offer.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by mia
No. Had you previously earned any bonus points for this offer?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...31-2016-a.html

... there have been reports of near random credits and debits in connection with this offer.
where was the post showing the random credit and debit happening to others? i couldnt find it in the entire thread. want to see what others done in the past. still debating whether to inquire this with the Amex CSR Chat but dont want to draw attention to my MS-ing on this card at grocery stores.

and no, i dont think i have earned any bonus from Shop Small with Amex EDP.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:14 pm
mia

Originally Posted by gnomey
... i dont think i have earned any bonus from Shop Small with Amex EDP.
In that event I expect it might be related to a credit further back than you are looking. I would look back two or three statements.

This thread has a fair number of reports of account adjustments related to the promotion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by mia
In that event I expect it might be related to a credit further back than you are looking. I would look back two or three statements.

This thread has a fair number of reports of account adjustments related to the promotion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
yeah i have already looked back all my statements twice and still didnt see anything that could trigger the -14 MR points. annoying.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Everyday 20% monthly bonus

I hit the 20 times use per month for my last billing period ended 12/15/16.

I got my statement and checked my MR account history and don't see a bonus or the December statement reflected either.

Is there a month lag before those earnings show up?

Or does the balance of the December statement have to be paid off before the points including the bonus is credited?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.