Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 6:52 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I've been to LAS lots of times (AM, breakfast) and DFW only once (afternoon). I found LAS food better than DFW, but its like comparing apples with pears, due to the time I visited each. Maybe there was a section I missed in DFW, but LAS seemed larger. In any event, I'd be anxious to visit LGA lounge.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
One thing I forgot to mention.

Visited LAS about a week ago, and was greeted with "oh, you visited the LGA lounge in its first week, I hope you really enjoyed it!"

I found that impressive CRM...something VERY few companies can get right in this day and age when it's SO easy....
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:32 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Visited LAS about a week ago, and was greeted with "oh, you visited the LGA lounge in its first week, I hope you really enjoyed it!"

I found that impressive CRM...something VERY few companies can get right in this day and age when it's SO easy....
^ Same here; on my first visit to the LGA lounge I was greeted with, "I see you've visited our other lounges several times." I compared that to when I'm frequently greeted at (non-luxury) hotels I've stayed at several times with, "Is this your first time at our property?"
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by dw
^ Same here; on my first visit to the LGA lounge I was greeted with, "I see you've visited our other lounges several times." I compared that to when I'm frequently greeted at (non-luxury) hotels I've stayed at several times with, "Is this your first time at our property?"
I even get greeted that way at luxury hotels
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:01 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Visited for the first time this week. Lounge is nice. However, the front desk staff were constantly joking, laughing and talking very loudly. You could hear them almost all the way to the dining room. It really was unprofessional and diminished the nice, quiet atmosphere of the lounge.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
One thing I forgot to mention.

I forgot about that! When I returned on my outbound flight from LGA, they were like "welcome back!" because I had been there the prior week upon my arrival.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by GB
Visited for the first time this week. Lounge is nice. However, the front desk staff were constantly joking, laughing and talking very loudly. You could hear them almost all the way to the dining room. It really was unprofessional and diminished the nice, quiet atmosphere of the lounge.
I'd rather have that than a demotivated staff that won't help you ... I'll have my earbuds in !
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Thinking of using as arrivals lounge as arriving from ORD before transferring over to JFK for evening flight? Is this possible? Also is there anywhere to store checked bags? Thanks
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Thinking of using as arrivals lounge as arriving from ORD before transferring over to JFK for evening flight? Is this possible? Also is there anywhere to store checked bags? Thanks
Definitely possible and quite a good idea. Lounge is landside in Central Terminal between piers B and C, so if you're coming in on US or DL you would need to transfer terminals.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Just as for many of you "lounge = food," for me "arrivals lounge = shower." The LGA Admirals Club has one; the Centurion lounge does not.

On a separate topic, for me "lounge = upgrade/IROPS help." Same answer as above.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:28 pm

Is the amenity just because they are new, or will they always give it away?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aviators99
Is the amenity just because they are new, or will they always give it away?
The amenity kits ran out a couple days before I was there on Aug. 27. They were just given out because it has just opened.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Their CRM system is good but their staff isn't very polished. I went to LAS two days in a row and was greeted with "I see you were here yesterday." Ok that's better than asking if it was my first time but it's also pretty silly. Yes I'm back. Yes you have a record. Good for you. Why not just say welcome back Mr WheelsFirst or something more hospitable like did you enjoy the room temperature beef pocket yesterday.

That being said the lounges are great and if they keep up the food and beverage and quality of the furniture it's a big win for us. I don't know why their uniforms look identical to
B6's though!

I agree with the lounge=irrops assessment but at places like LAS with no Admirals Club it's not like we are giving anything up. And the real espresso machine is way better than the garbage in the AC. I was at the LAX Flagship Lounge yesterday and it had the same terrible machine as the regular clubs. Lame!
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Yes, the AC's espresso machines undoubtedly produce something both undrinkable and not quite identifiable as coffee. Conversely, the machines at the CDG club are great, but I guess foreign clubs, as we all know, are a different thing altogether. And then there was the time I walked into the British Airways Galleries Club in PHL Terminal A on a Saturday morning: when I saw the wines they had, my eyes got as big as saucers!
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Very true. NRT beer machines are life changing. I think the Centurion is the closest thing we have to an international lounge. It's good for the market because the airlines can justify not being competitive with foreign lounges but now that there are domestic lounges providing a better product they may decide it's worth upgrading their offerings. If enough people don't renew their AC or SC memberships and the airlines know they are at the Amex lounges it would be an incentive.

It is still pretty sad that most domestic lounges are what there are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.