Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Canada: Travel insurance questions [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Canada: Travel insurance questions [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
And in case you want coverage on future Aeroplan Flight awards, pay the taxes/fees using a CIBC or TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card, if you have one. (just repeating what's already been said, earlier on this page/thread, nothing new here).
Coverage-wise, how good (or bad) is Capital One Aspire Travel MasterCard....thanks
Old Jan 2, 2016, 11:30 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by steveche
Coverage-wise, how good (or bad) is Capital One Aspire Travel MasterCard....thanks
On paper it is excellent. Getting their claims processor to pay after an event is a different matter.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/canad...xperience.html
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:59 pm

Is common law covered?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:21 am

I have the American Express Gold Rewards card, issued in Canada. I just purchased international flight tickets and hotel accommodations to Europe in full with this card.

I will have to apply for a Schengen visa soon, for which supporting documentation includes showing I have adequate travel insurance / emergency medical insurance on me.

Does the fact that I bought these flight tickets/hotel stays with my Amex card cover me? How do I show this documentation?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Print out the insurance document from AMEX site or take the insurance booklet you received with your new card, or ask AMEX to send you a copy; AMEX statement that ticket was charged to the card
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:51 pm

Amex CANADA flight delay insurance when airline offers free hotel?

I've been in this situation quite often where an international flight is cancelled or delayed more than 12 hours and AA or whoever the carrier is offers me free email vouchers, free hotel, taxi, etc. I always take them up on it, and don't even bother with my American Express insurance (it's just easier), but I am also not sure if Amex (Canada) Platinum would cover hotel, meals, and other expenditures that the airline already provided?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Regularly, the hotel the carrier picks is ok, but it's not ideal location wise or quality wise. Sometimes not even that close to the airport, which is irritating.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
There is no substitute for reading the terms and conditions of your coverage.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
There is no substitute for reading the terms and conditions of your coverage.
You are right. I'm currently 10,000 km away from my paperwork (funny how that happens, right) and I can't find the information online. But, thanks for the insight.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DanTravel
... can't find the information online....
Here, I think, but because I do not have a Canadian account I cannot verify that this is most recent:

https://icm.aexp-static.com/Internet...NG%2007.15.pdf
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Q on Amex Canada's Plat travel insurance

I've got an uncoming trip in early 2018 where I want to use a Marriott Rewards certificate for a one night stay near the airport on arrival. If I guarantee the room using the Amex Plat card, would the trip interruption/delay insurance on the card cover the cost of the certificate if I was delayed and forced to miss the overnight on arrival? And if anyone has used this insurance to backstop a missed night on points/certs on hotel awards, how did the coverage reimburse the loss?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.