Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

CSR: " No problem" ...... than no action...what gives?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2003, 7:39 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

I called AMEX CSR the other day and got what appeared to be a fairly intelligent friendly and cooperative CSR in S.C. I wanted to cancel my Delta Amex and have the credit line switched to my *wood. "No problem", she said.

A week later I went to my online account and noticed that the Delta wa still open and there was no credit line transfer. I called back and was told that the card had NOT been cancelled and no request had been made for the transfer...plus.... the transfer couldn't be done since it was a business card to a personal card.

What gives here? Why didn't the first CSR close my account as requested? Is it CSR ineptitude? Lack of follow through? I can understand maybe she didn't know about the credit line transfer but why not close the account as requested?

Frustrating and not very encouraging.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 9:18 am
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Had exactly the same problem. With the second try the card got cancelled and the credit was transferred. My wife had better luck with cancelling the card as it happened on the first try. The bad news for her was the LOC never transferred. Having anticipated this possibility we transferred most of our LOC's before cancelling the cards.
Old Dec 7, 2003, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The agent meant is was "no problem" for her, because she wasn't going to do what you requested.

d

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.