FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   More Foursquare shopping discounts (UK) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1412435-more-foursquare-shopping-discounts-uk.html)

Raffles Jan 28, 2013 9:12 am

MBNA partner cards tend to have the same number

mas0282 Jan 30, 2013 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 20129301)
Good question. It is a proper Harrods (ie you get Harrods Rewards points, receipts are standard Harrods ones) so might well work. Need to see the rules on 1 Feb.

The email I received had a * and then said "Harrods at Knightbridge, London" so I assume T5 excluded (or at least doubtful).

Richyo Feb 1, 2013 6:31 am

Bought some £50 House of Fraser gift cards today from the store on King William St London.

Didn't get a FS notification and upon checking pending transactions on Amex, the narrative shows as 'Dickins and Jones' so am a little concerned it won't track for this reason!

Anyone else had similar experiences with any of the FS offers?

EDIflyer Feb 2, 2013 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Richyo (Post 20165275)
Bought some £50 House of Fraser gift cards today from the store on King William St London.

Didn't get a FS notification and upon checking pending transactions on Amex, the narrative shows as 'Dickins and Jones' so am a little concerned it won't track for this reason!

Lack of notification has never bothered me as they're very hit/miss. However name of store does a bit - my Shell transaction came up as 'AUTORENT' and no credit posted after a week - have now submitted a query to 4sq, but trying to find another Shell where they post properly so I can make use of all my cards! I also haven't yet managed to find one that sells Amazon vouchers, just Next/Argos/iTunes/B&Q!

PanGalactic Feb 6, 2013 3:07 am

Off to Harrods later today to pick up 2 pairs of nice new Church's shoes hopefully :D

coffeebean09 Feb 6, 2013 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Richyo (Post 20165275)

My transaction on the 2nd Feb at House of Fraser in Lincoln appeared as "Binns" on my statement. Today, the £25 refund appeared on my statement automatically. I didn't get an email either so hopefully you'll be ok.

Richyo Feb 6, 2013 4:34 am

Originally Posted by coffeebean09 (Post 20194630)
My transaction on the 2nd Feb at House of Fraser in Lincoln appeared as "Binns" on my statement. Today, the £25 refund appeared on my statement automatically. I didn't get an email either so hopefully you'll be ok.

yeah, it was a bit odd with mine.. on the 'pending' transaction it showed as 'Dickins and Jones' but when it hit my proper statement it showed as 'house of fraser - london' and the £25 credits subsequently hit my account so all good! :)

chanp Feb 6, 2013 7:30 am

Glad it works on gift cards, thats what I will do.

PanGalactic Feb 6, 2013 10:03 am

Just got back from harrods.

They can take split payments but only 3 cards at a time, the tills fails when you try to put the 4th one though, so I would recommend buying gift cards with £150 on them.

Also, they asked for my harrods card when I purchased the gift cards as well as when I spent them so I think I may be getting their points twice.

Harrods points aren't worth much, 1p off per £ but if you can get it twice, then why not :)

I got some Church's Hong Kong Toecap Oxford Black Suede Lace-ups for £285 and spent the £20 on getting my existing Church's polished at Timpsons, plus I had £5 to spend on my Harrods rewards card from last year's spend ^^.

Apparently they are so new they only came in yesterday and I can't find a picture of them online to show off about them either :rolleyes:

I am rather pleased with the shoes to say the least!

Church's never have a flippin' sale! Even at Christmas!

KeithJenner Feb 6, 2013 10:33 am

Originally Posted by coffeebean09 (Post 20194630)

Snap! I also spent £50 at HOF Lincoln on Saturday which came up as BINNS and I got the credit today.

PanGalactic Feb 6, 2013 10:51 am

Foursquare Notifications

After using 6 cards in Harrods earlier today I just checked all my Foursquare accounts for the notifications and they are as follows:

Supp BAPP - yes
BAPP - yes
BMI - yes - twice :confused:
Supp Platinum - yes
Gold - yes
Lloyds - no - uhoh! It had to be that one didn't it! :rolleyes:

reclusive46 Feb 6, 2013 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic (Post 20196725)
After using 6 cards in Harrods earlier today I just checked all my Foursquare accounts for the notifications and they are as follows:

Supp BAPP - yes
BAPP - yes
BMI - yes - twice :confused:
Supp Platinum - yes
Gold - yes
Lloyds - no - uhoh! It had to be that one didn't it! :rolleyes:

Lloyds very rarely gives a notification

tangey Feb 7, 2013 9:25 am

Foursquare won't work on online purchases of gift cards @ HOF.

"What will appear on my credit card statement?"

Your credit card statement will read 'Voucher Express'

EDIflyer Feb 7, 2013 11:19 am

Originally Posted by tangey (Post 20203304)
Foursquare won't work on online purchases of gift cards @ HOF.

"What will appear on my credit card statement?"

Your credit card statement will read 'Voucher Express'

Thanks - does anyone know what the situation is with Harrods GCs online?? Anyone happen to have bought any online recently (even if not via this offer)

Raffles Feb 7, 2013 11:27 am

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson (Post 20204108)
Thanks - does anyone know what the situation is with Harrods GCs online?? Anyone happen to have bought any online recently (even if not via this offer)

The T&C's say only Harrods Knightsbridge counts, ie Heathrow does not even though it will go through card as Harrods. I would be a bit nervy about getting one online.

House of Fraser - I bought 3 today (will get 3 more later) and the receipts say they are valid for 2 years. Even if you don't have any immediate need, with 2 years to use them I think its worth jumping in - the women in your life will go through enough cosmetics in 2 years, if nothing else!