FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   More Foursquare shopping discounts (UK) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1412435-more-foursquare-shopping-discounts-uk.html)

reclusive46 Jan 4, 2013 2:47 am

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson (Post 19970106)
I received an email from Amex with the list a while back and the majority of the offers were finishing 31/12/12 - here's hoping more new offers for January come around soon!

Remember that when the summer offers finished it was a couple of months before new ones started.

EDIflyer Jan 5, 2013 3:58 am

Originally Posted by reclusive46 (Post 19972552)
Remember that when the summer offers finished it was a couple of months before new ones started.

Indeed - they need to give us some time to spend the gift vouchers spent from the previous offers, no? :D

pianoamit Jan 26, 2013 12:49 am

AmEx and foursquare - more offers

Just arrived in my inbox:

-Harrods, GAP, Banana Republic, House of Frasier: Spend £50, get £25 back (1-28 February)

-Shell: Spend £50, get £15 back (valid until April 18)

-Pizza Hut: Spend £30, get £15 back (valid until March 6)

-Starbucks: Spend £10, get £5 back (valid until February 13)

-Carphone Warehouse: Spend £25, get £10 back (1-28 February)

PanGalactic Jan 26, 2013 1:17 am

Well, we have 12 amex cards at the moment, potentially 15 if we request some more supp cards. Harrods would probably call the police i reckon if we turned up with all those :)

Does anyone know if the lloyds avios supp cards have different numbers to the main cards please?

pianoamit Jan 26, 2013 1:46 am

I think the police might most certainly have to get involved. Does anyone know if Banana Republic does gift cards? (Just trying to capitalise on the effective 50% off).

BrotherLehman Jan 26, 2013 1:51 am

New FourSquare Amex Promotion [UK]

Just received this promotion from Amex in my email :-

Valid 1-28 February 2013
Harrods - Spend £50 get £25 back
House of Fraser - Spend £50 get £25 back
Gap - Spend £50 get £25 back
Banana Republic - Spend £50 get £25 back
Carphone Warehouse - Spend £50 get £25 back

Currently Ongoing :
Shell - Spend £50 get £15 back (valid till 18 April 2013)
Pizza Hut - Spend £30 get £15 back (valid till 6 March 2013)
Starbucks - Spend £10 get £5 back (valid till 13 Feb 2013)

Potentially promotions for Debenhams / Fenwick / Bentalls coming soon too!

Time to start syncing with FourSquare again! :)

crystak Jan 26, 2013 1:58 am

Originally Posted by pianoamit (Post 20126700)
I think the police might most certainly have to get involved. Does anyone know if Banana Republic does gift cards? (Just trying to capitalise on the effective 50% off).

Exactly what I had in mind! They do gift cards in the US so I assume they have them in the UK too, I don't see why they wouldn't. I was planning to cancel my lloyds amex but perhaps I'll keep it for a couple more months ;).

PanGalactic Jan 26, 2013 2:50 am

I'm pretty sure i remember someone saying they dont give card fee refunds so if you get charged the £50 it might be worth keeping it for the rest of the year, or if you havent been charged then possibly downgrade to the free version before they charge you.

If the supp cards have a different card number enabling you to hit these sort of offers twice per account then the cards should wipe their own noses quite well.

moneypooraviosrich Jan 26, 2013 3:31 am

My phone app is not showing as HOF in Nottingham, or Gap as having the checkin special. They were both included in the last bonus, and only one of the 5 Stabucks in Nottm is included. Oh and Foursquare not even showing one of the countless Shell filling stations in my area, what a load of ****

iDo Jan 26, 2013 3:33 am

Originally Posted by stoneman (Post 20126974)
My phone app is not showing as HOF in Nottingham, or Gap as having the checkin special. They were both included in the last bonus, and only one of the 5 Stabucks in Nottm is included. Oh and Foursquare not even showing one of the countless Shell filling stations in my area, what a load of ****

As above, Gap an HOF do not start until 1st of Feb so no surprise they aren't showing up I guess.

PanGalactic Jan 26, 2013 4:00 am

Last time around i was able to check into a gap which was coming up with the offer but got the credit anyway for shopping at a different gap which wasn't coming up.

mike&co Jan 26, 2013 4:05 am

Originally Posted by stoneman (Post 20126974)

I understand your frustration but persevere with it, it's worth it. I'm sure we've all had similar experiences with the app. It can be temperamental at times

tuff Jan 26, 2013 4:56 am

Just synched my Amex card to my Foursquare account. House of Fraser here we come.

olybeast Jan 26, 2013 5:26 am

I have just loaded the starbucks one onto my card! wohoo

dgm Jan 26, 2013 6:05 am

Originally Posted by pianoamit (Post 20126700)

Yes they do gift cards, they are the sister company to Gap and one of the assistants let me know it can be possible to use them across both brands. Worth a try!

Here we go again amex, fill your boots kids!