FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   More Foursquare shopping discounts (UK) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1412435-more-foursquare-shopping-discounts-uk.html)

moneypooraviosrich Jan 26, 2013 6:12 am

Originally Posted by iDo (Post 20126979)
As above, Gap an HOF do not start until 1st of Feb so no surprise they aren't showing up I guess.

Yes my fault for being impatient. Doing lots of stuff at the minute not least finding 2 savings accounts that will take 6 DD's each to comply with Halifax Reward account conditions:td:

chanp Jan 26, 2013 6:13 am

Already in this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...otions-uk.html

Steve Oh Jan 26, 2013 6:28 am

Is this just for Amex Amex or for MBNA Amex too?

PanGalactic Jan 26, 2013 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Steve Oh (Post 20127407)

All Amex cards (apart from corporate, they won't sync) AFAIK, even cashback ones etc.

I'm seriously tempted to sign up for a few more such as:

£0/year - Nectar Credit Card - (Complimentary Supplementary Card)
£0/year - Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card - (Complimentary Supplementary Cards)
£0/year - Basic Card (blue) - (not sure about Sup cards)

Maybe even this one too:

£20/year - The Costco TrueEarnings® American Express® Credit Card - (Complimentary Supplementary Cards)

Raffles Jan 26, 2013 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Steve Oh (Post 20127407)

MBNA, Lloyds and Amex-Amex, inc supp cards as long as they have a different number.

So 6 cards for us. And Harrods is 2 mins from my daughters school.

If you've got 6 cards, its probably even worth a day in London for out of towners if you want, say, an ipad or something else you know they will have.

Steve Oh Jan 26, 2013 6:57 am

Excellent - We have 5 Airline ones and 2 direct with Amex - I like free things, lol

Just on a side note - 2 of our airline ones are partner cards, ie the same card number - I'm guessing that these will only be able to be used once...

trvllvr123 Jan 26, 2013 7:05 am

Can you use the harrods offer at terminal 5, and if so would I be able to buy giftcards? Just I have a couple of hours there on 1st feb, and thought that may be a way of either using inline, or saving til i'm in london next.

Raffles Jan 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by trvllvr123 (Post 20127538)
Can you use the harrods offer at terminal 5, and if so would I be able to buy giftcards? Just I have a couple of hours there on 1st feb, and thought that may be a way of either using inline, or saving til i'm in london next.

Good question. It is a proper Harrods (ie you get Harrods Rewards points, receipts are standard Harrods ones) so might well work. Need to see the rules on 1 Feb.

KeithS Jan 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic (Post 20126622)
Does anyone know if the lloyds avios supp cards have different numbers to the main cards please?

Yes they are different.

PanGalactic Jan 27, 2013 5:38 am

Originally Posted by KeithS (Post 20129497)
Yes they are different.

Good to know, thanks!

I'll be sticking with my Premier as they have already charged me for this year, but I'll get the Mrs to downgrade to the freebie and of course order supp cards on both! :D

Grandad81 Jan 28, 2013 4:18 am

Do I understand this deal correctly, that come February as I have just the one AMEX, I can go to HoF and buy one gift card (but no more) to redeem the offer but then go to another HoF and do the same? Or is it one offer per retailer per card?

pianoamit Jan 28, 2013 4:29 am

I assume it's one per retailer per card. That is how it was the last time 'round.

leaveamessage Jan 28, 2013 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Grandad81 (Post 20137545)
Do I understand this deal correctly, that come February as I have just the one AMEX, I can go to HoF and buy one gift card (but no more) to redeem the offer but then go to another HoF and do the same? Or is it one offer per retailer per card?

Didn't work with the last one- either at HoF or Harvey Nichols. If you tried to load to card at a different store after already using it with the same card it would tell you it had already been used.

Grandad81 Jan 28, 2013 5:27 am

Ok thanks, one offer is better than none so will be please with whatever I get :)

enda1 Jan 28, 2013 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Steve Oh (Post 20127510)
Excellent - We have 5 Airline ones and 2 direct with Amex - I like free things, lol

Just on a side note - 2 of our airline ones are partner cards, ie the same card number - I'm guessing that these will only be able to be used once...

Strange. I have multiple cards and the partner cards always have a unique card number even though they're on the same account. Are you sure about that?