FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   More Foursquare shopping discounts (UK) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1412435-more-foursquare-shopping-discounts-uk.html)

t0m Nov 29, 2012 11:56 pm

More Foursquare shopping discounts (UK)

Got an e-mail from Amex this morning notifying me of more discounts via their Foursquare link up (register at https://sync.americanexpress.co.uk/Foursquare/Index). Some were known to me, others not.. a summary of all:

Starbucks - £5 off £10 (until 13 Feb 2013)
Gap - £10 off £10 (until 8 December)
Harvey Nichols - £25 off £25 (until 31 December)
Liberty - £25 off £50 (1-31 December)
Nike - £25 off £50 (1-31 December)
Urban Outfitters - £25 off £50 (1-31 December)
House of Fraser - £10 off £50 (until 31 December)
Argos - £5 off £20 (until 31 December)
Tesco - £10 off £50 (until 31 December)
HMV - £5 off £20 (until 31 December)
Fenwicks £10 off £50 (until 24 December)

In-store only.. I'm off shopping! :)

mradey Dec 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by t0m (Post 19769994)
Got an e-mail from Amex this morning notifying me of more discounts via their Foursquare link up (register at https://sync.americanexpress.co.uk/Foursquare/Index). Some were known to me, others not.. a summary of all:

Harvey Nichols - £25 off £25 (until 31 December)

In-store only.. I'm off shopping! :)

Doing a six card Harvey Nichols run tomorrow :-) Plus going to use my £150 Salvatore F. gift card.

Took a while setting up all the foursquare accounts and then cheching in and linking to the cards but all done now.

Adey

reclusive46 Dec 22, 2012 1:37 pm

There is also a Pizza hut one I redeemed today. Spend 30 get 15 back.

abfab Dec 23, 2012 11:48 am

Also, the Gap deal mentioned above 'Gap - £10 off £10 (until 8 December)', is still running until the 31st December.

Adx Dec 23, 2012 3:23 pm

The Gap offer is 'new' I got it at the end of November, and got it again this month :) Used 4 cards this first time, and five this time, if anyone has the AC card on the platinum account, you can get the offers with that too. :)

davidrbutcher Dec 27, 2012 11:41 am

House of Fraser

Went to check in and use this today but it has disappeared from the specials list on my foursquare mobile app. Has it ended early?

edisonli Dec 28, 2012 8:34 am

Just checked last nite while I was in Westfield Stratford. All working.

admgecko Dec 29, 2012 2:03 am

More Foursquare shopping discounts (UK)

All working for me as well, 2nd time with the gap offer :)

evapor8 Jan 2, 2013 11:55 am

Hi all. Have a trip into London this weekend and wondered if anyone had an update on which of these are still valid?

It would appear that Starbucks and Pizza Hut are still working, but am struggling to get any others.

Chris

Aims1982 Jan 2, 2013 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by evapor8 (Post 19960398)
Hi all. Have a trip into London this weekend and wondered if anyone had an update on which of these are still valid?

It would appear that Starbucks and Pizza Hut are still working, but am struggling to get any others.

Chris

That's all I'm getting too.

PanGalactic Jan 2, 2013 5:54 pm

So, is the only way to know about these offers via email?

Do you need to sign up for them? I haven't had one yet :(

Thank heavens for FT or I would have missed out on all this lovely free money!

evapor8 Jan 3, 2013 5:34 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic (Post 19962706)
So, is the only way to know about these offers via email?

Do you need to sign up for them? I haven't had one yet :(

Thank heavens for FT or I would have missed out on all this lovely free money!

Agreed. It's only the deals sites (HUKD for example) and the blogs that have listed the companies getting involved. Slightly disappointing that neither AMEX nor Foursquare seem to have published a list.

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, so will only get a little benefit.

Chris

PeeTee Jan 3, 2013 7:52 am

Originally Posted by evapor8 (Post 19965300)
Agreed. It's only the deals sites (HUKD for example) and the blogs that have listed the companies getting involved. Slightly disappointing that neither AMEX nor Foursquare seem to have published a list.

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, so will only get a little benefit.

Chris

FS did publish a list (albeit it is not exactly well signposted from their website): http://blog.foursquare.com/2012/12/1...to-foursquare/

EDIflyer Jan 3, 2013 5:27 pm

I received an email from Amex with the list a while back and the majority of the offers were finishing 31/12/12 - here's hoping more new offers for January come around soon!

evapor8 Jan 4, 2013 12:47 am

Originally Posted by PeeTee (Post 19966053)
FS did publish a list (albeit it is not exactly well signposted from their website): http://blog.foursquare.com/2012/12/1...to-foursquare/

Then I stand corrected! Cheers PeeTee.

Chris

reclusive46 Jan 4, 2013 2:47 am

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson (Post 19970106)
I received an email from Amex with the list a while back and the majority of the offers were finishing 31/12/12 - here's hoping more new offers for January come around soon!

Remember that when the summer offers finished it was a couple of months before new ones started.

EDIflyer Jan 5, 2013 3:58 am

Originally Posted by reclusive46 (Post 19972552)
Remember that when the summer offers finished it was a couple of months before new ones started.

Indeed - they need to give us some time to spend the gift vouchers spent from the previous offers, no? :D

pianoamit Jan 26, 2013 12:49 am

AmEx and foursquare - more offers

Just arrived in my inbox:

-Harrods, GAP, Banana Republic, House of Frasier: Spend £50, get £25 back (1-28 February)

-Shell: Spend £50, get £15 back (valid until April 18)

-Pizza Hut: Spend £30, get £15 back (valid until March 6)

-Starbucks: Spend £10, get £5 back (valid until February 13)

-Carphone Warehouse: Spend £25, get £10 back (1-28 February)

PanGalactic Jan 26, 2013 1:17 am

Well, we have 12 amex cards at the moment, potentially 15 if we request some more supp cards. Harrods would probably call the police i reckon if we turned up with all those :)

Does anyone know if the lloyds avios supp cards have different numbers to the main cards please?

pianoamit Jan 26, 2013 1:46 am

I think the police might most certainly have to get involved. Does anyone know if Banana Republic does gift cards? (Just trying to capitalise on the effective 50% off).

BrotherLehman Jan 26, 2013 1:51 am

New FourSquare Amex Promotion [UK]

Just received this promotion from Amex in my email :-

Valid 1-28 February 2013
Harrods - Spend £50 get £25 back
House of Fraser - Spend £50 get £25 back
Gap - Spend £50 get £25 back
Banana Republic - Spend £50 get £25 back
Carphone Warehouse - Spend £50 get £25 back

Currently Ongoing :
Shell - Spend £50 get £15 back (valid till 18 April 2013)
Pizza Hut - Spend £30 get £15 back (valid till 6 March 2013)
Starbucks - Spend £10 get £5 back (valid till 13 Feb 2013)

Potentially promotions for Debenhams / Fenwick / Bentalls coming soon too!

Time to start syncing with FourSquare again! :)

crystak Jan 26, 2013 1:58 am

Originally Posted by pianoamit (Post 20126700)
I think the police might most certainly have to get involved. Does anyone know if Banana Republic does gift cards? (Just trying to capitalise on the effective 50% off).

Exactly what I had in mind! They do gift cards in the US so I assume they have them in the UK too, I don't see why they wouldn't. I was planning to cancel my lloyds amex but perhaps I'll keep it for a couple more months ;).

PanGalactic Jan 26, 2013 2:50 am

I'm pretty sure i remember someone saying they dont give card fee refunds so if you get charged the £50 it might be worth keeping it for the rest of the year, or if you havent been charged then possibly downgrade to the free version before they charge you.

If the supp cards have a different card number enabling you to hit these sort of offers twice per account then the cards should wipe their own noses quite well.

moneypooraviosrich Jan 26, 2013 3:31 am

My phone app is not showing as HOF in Nottingham, or Gap as having the checkin special. They were both included in the last bonus, and only one of the 5 Stabucks in Nottm is included. Oh and Foursquare not even showing one of the countless Shell filling stations in my area, what a load of ****

iDo Jan 26, 2013 3:33 am

Originally Posted by stoneman (Post 20126974)
My phone app is not showing as HOF in Nottingham, or Gap as having the checkin special. They were both included in the last bonus, and only one of the 5 Stabucks in Nottm is included. Oh and Foursquare not even showing one of the countless Shell filling stations in my area, what a load of ****

As above, Gap an HOF do not start until 1st of Feb so no surprise they aren't showing up I guess.

PanGalactic Jan 26, 2013 4:00 am

Last time around i was able to check into a gap which was coming up with the offer but got the credit anyway for shopping at a different gap which wasn't coming up.

mike&co Jan 26, 2013 4:05 am

Originally Posted by stoneman (Post 20126974)

I understand your frustration but persevere with it, it's worth it. I'm sure we've all had similar experiences with the app. It can be temperamental at times

tuff Jan 26, 2013 4:56 am

Just synched my Amex card to my Foursquare account. House of Fraser here we come.

olybeast Jan 26, 2013 5:26 am

I have just loaded the starbucks one onto my card! wohoo

dgm Jan 26, 2013 6:05 am

Originally Posted by pianoamit (Post 20126700)

Yes they do gift cards, they are the sister company to Gap and one of the assistants let me know it can be possible to use them across both brands. Worth a try!

Here we go again amex, fill your boots kids!

moneypooraviosrich Jan 26, 2013 6:12 am

Originally Posted by iDo (Post 20126979)
As above, Gap an HOF do not start until 1st of Feb so no surprise they aren't showing up I guess.

Yes my fault for being impatient. Doing lots of stuff at the minute not least finding 2 savings accounts that will take 6 DD's each to comply with Halifax Reward account conditions:td:

chanp Jan 26, 2013 6:13 am

Already in this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...otions-uk.html

Steve Oh Jan 26, 2013 6:28 am

Is this just for Amex Amex or for MBNA Amex too?

PanGalactic Jan 26, 2013 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Steve Oh (Post 20127407)

All Amex cards (apart from corporate, they won't sync) AFAIK, even cashback ones etc.

I'm seriously tempted to sign up for a few more such as:

£0/year - Nectar Credit Card - (Complimentary Supplementary Card)
£0/year - Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card - (Complimentary Supplementary Cards)
£0/year - Basic Card (blue) - (not sure about Sup cards)

Maybe even this one too:

£20/year - The Costco TrueEarnings® American Express® Credit Card - (Complimentary Supplementary Cards)

Raffles Jan 26, 2013 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Steve Oh (Post 20127407)

MBNA, Lloyds and Amex-Amex, inc supp cards as long as they have a different number.

So 6 cards for us. And Harrods is 2 mins from my daughters school.

If you've got 6 cards, its probably even worth a day in London for out of towners if you want, say, an ipad or something else you know they will have.

Steve Oh Jan 26, 2013 6:57 am

Excellent - We have 5 Airline ones and 2 direct with Amex - I like free things, lol

Just on a side note - 2 of our airline ones are partner cards, ie the same card number - I'm guessing that these will only be able to be used once...

trvllvr123 Jan 26, 2013 7:05 am

Can you use the harrods offer at terminal 5, and if so would I be able to buy giftcards? Just I have a couple of hours there on 1st feb, and thought that may be a way of either using inline, or saving til i'm in london next.

Raffles Jan 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by trvllvr123 (Post 20127538)
Can you use the harrods offer at terminal 5, and if so would I be able to buy giftcards? Just I have a couple of hours there on 1st feb, and thought that may be a way of either using inline, or saving til i'm in london next.

Good question. It is a proper Harrods (ie you get Harrods Rewards points, receipts are standard Harrods ones) so might well work. Need to see the rules on 1 Feb.

KeithS Jan 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic (Post 20126622)
Does anyone know if the lloyds avios supp cards have different numbers to the main cards please?

Yes they are different.

PanGalactic Jan 27, 2013 5:38 am

Originally Posted by KeithS (Post 20129497)
Yes they are different.

Good to know, thanks!

I'll be sticking with my Premier as they have already charged me for this year, but I'll get the Mrs to downgrade to the freebie and of course order supp cards on both! :D