Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX and PAYPAL.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2006, 3:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Amex Plat; AA-United-KLM
Originally Posted by Brobbel
My colleague wanted to use his Amex on Paypal, but he couldn't enter his Amex-number, only Visa or Eurocard/Mastercard were accepted.

I tried for him, and after a phonecall to Paypal, they told me that the contracts between Paypal and Amex were suspended. Only the cards which were already on Paypal can be used until expiration date, but no new ones were accepted anymore.

I don't know if this is only for the Netherlands, Europe or everywhere, but I thought some of you wanted to know this.
Your post made me think I wouldn't be able to register my new spg business card that I just received. But low and behold, I just added it to my paypal account and had no problems. Must have been something else preventing your adding the amex card.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

would paypal vary between countries?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 2:56 am

Programs: amex, hilton, qantas
paypal in other countries

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
would paypal vary between countries?
Yes, it varies. You can't use it with amex in Australia.

You can't add any new cards to the system.

This moratorium has been going on since PayPal Australia started operating.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 12:18 pm

Programs: CO PLT,DL Plat (status match),BD Gold, Amex Plat, SPG Plat, PC Plat
Resurrecting an old thread!
I just got screwed on a purchase (guy promised he can deliver CO gold, never came thru) that was made thru paypal. Paid with Amex.
Apparently there is 45 days to make a claim (he screwed me around for 2-3 months and i just gave up) with paypal, which has passed.
Can I dispute charge with Amex?
Old Jan 6, 2008, 1:55 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, InterContinental Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by sammyh
Resurrecting an old thread!
I just got screwed on a purchase (guy promised he can deliver CO gold, never came thru) that was made thru paypal. Paid with Amex.
Apparently there is 45 days to make a claim (he screwed me around for 2-3 months and i just gave up) with paypal, which has passed.
Can I dispute charge with Amex?
Only if you want to lose your PayPal privileges forever.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 3:54 pm

Programs: CO PLT,DL Plat (status match),BD Gold, Amex Plat, SPG Plat, PC Plat
Originally Posted by LiveFromNY
Only if you want to lose your PayPal privileges forever.
Can you please elaborate on that?!?
Old Jan 7, 2008, 10:41 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hertz #1 5*, CO, AA
Originally Posted by sammyh
Can you please elaborate on that?!?
Similar thing happened to me in terms of getting screwed my an ebay auction, and I already filed a dispute through AMEX (wish I filed the paypal dispute earlier but whatever). Honestly, if paypal decides to shut my account down (and I do a LOT of purchasing through paypal) then whatever....I'll figure something out. When I spoke to the AMEX rep, that's what they recommended me to do, file a dispute with them. Paypal IMO, does not look after their customers, whereas I feel that AMEX does (or at least does a MUCH BETTER job than paypal).

What I could see happening with me is that my dispute (hopefully) goes through, get money back. Paypal being paypal decides to "close" or lock my account as a result (even though this is the first dispute that I've EVER done in my life).

In closing, this site can best explain it better: http://www.paypalsucks.com
Old Jan 7, 2008, 12:10 pm

Make sure you pull *all* of your money out of your PayPal account before you dispute. When they shut it down, they keep your money for 6 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.