Search

They think its all over....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2002, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various
They think its all over....

... it is now!

No more postings from me on the AmEx forum for a variety of reasons and some of them are very important to me.

However, if you need your question on AmEx answering, mail me directly via the address in my profile. I know many of you have done so in the past, and I have always been quick to respond.

I'm not leaving FT, I will still be here lurking and maybe mailing some of you direct when you're getting nowhere with your questions or are getting 'duff' answers. You may see me occasionally on the Virgin, Starwood and Hilton boards still.

I have learnt a lot in the last two years from this forum, and I think others have too.

Thanks,
Richard
Old Apr 27, 2002, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Probably not for the same reasons - as I haven't have to suffer the ignorant flaming that you have had to put up with - but I probably won't be far behind you.

I am getting increasingly p#ssed off with my ongoing debate with the arrogant Plat Customer 'services'.

I am also very pleased with my new Virgin Master card - when the Flying Club version is released it looks increasingly likely that Amex will be 'yesterdays card'.

Stay lucky and see you in the VS forum.

Nick
Old Apr 27, 2002, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
See you both over in the VS forum ( the place to be...apart from in UC on VS!! )

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 27, 2002, 5:58 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Sorry to see you leave this forum, RM. I will be contacting you off board...
Old Apr 28, 2002, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thanks, Richard. This board will be poorer for your absence.

I for one have learnt much from your posts, and I look forward to continuing to learn on the VS board.

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 04-28-2002).]
Old Apr 28, 2002, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Can I be so bold as to ask why? I certainly don't read all the threads, but I haven't seen anything that would make you leave. I've been flamed mercilessly on Flyertalk, but the flamers were fools so I wouldn't let that bother me.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 5:01 am

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
Richard: Too bad that you'll be leaving this forum, if you come up with interesting topics regarding Centurion, please do not hesitate in adding me to your mailing list (Unlike some, I do provide it in my profile...).

stimpy: You only have to look up the posts of axel1 to find that a majority of them regarding amex, while once in a while containing interesting opinions, have been in the form of (semi-)direct insults of a personal nature, and are not wothy of FT...
Old Apr 29, 2002, 5:26 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by The Viking:
.. while once in a while containing interesting opinions, have been in the form of (semi-)direct insults of a personal nature, and are not wothy of FT...</font>
I could say exactly the same about the way Richard changed his attitude towards anyone, who has NOT a Centurion card - especially the Platinum Card holders.

His way of "snobbish" behaviour and his more and more discriminating comments might have hurt more peolpe, than my own comments on a poor single character.

I wish him all the best.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 10:22 am

Richard: As a heavy lurker (and only occassional poster) on the AMEX forum, I would like to thank you for your assistance and insights. Several of your posts have directly helped me in numerous ways.

Now if only you didn't post on the Starwood forum, you would be about the perfect FT member

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.